Register To Comment
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: ROBOBASH SERIES 2!!!!

I think I have the easier draw here. Dodge the flipper, grapple and pit ASAP. Don't prolong the fight, and maybe play this more as a rammer because of Ripper's axe-proof top armour, so use the axe only to hold Ripper in place and self-right if needed.

Gehenna to win the other match.

tactics for this one will be try to flip him from the sides (i should be quicker) and try to get him out or to the house
    robots, if not wait for the axe to come down then flip it over, and v for vendetta will havetrouble self righting then try
    to get it down the pit

ready when you are lewis

Ripper Evo VS V for Vendetta

Justine: All right, Lian. You are up against the newcomer, V for Vendetta!
    Lian: V for Vendetta? Well, then. I€™m screwed, since it€™s got good pushing power and stuff.
    Justine: Any tactics?
    Lian: The main thing here is to avoid Vendetta€™s axe, and get underneath from the sides or back. When I do, then I€™ll rush it to the walls like a madman and flip it out. It won€™t really be easy though, since it€™s got a good amount of pushability, and an annoying axe.
    Justine: Well, good luck.
    Lian: Thanks.

Justine: This just in, Lewis, you are in battle with Ripper Evo!
    Lewis: Wow, what an easy opponent. A few whacks and then I€™ll dump it into the pit like radioactive waste or something.
    Justine: Well, that was simple.
    Lewis: Yes indeed. Oh, and one more thing, when it turns on me, I ought to push it into one of the house robots.
    Justine: All right, good luck.
    Lewis: Thanks.

Sam: We€™ve gone through hell and back, but now things get really fired up! Everybody, hold onto your seats and prepare for€¦ ROUND 2!!!

(BATTLE 3!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome€¦

RIPPER EVO!!!

V FOR VENDETTA!!!

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

Booth 1: Lian Walsh
    Booth 2: Lewis Matthews

The house robots in this battle will be Matilda with the deadly flywheel, and the big daddy of them all, King Arthur!

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

Both robots are off to a great start here, and by far, Vendetta looks to be faster than Ripper, indeed. Ripper has a top speed of 12mph, meanwhile Vendetta€™s top speed is 25mph. Ripper now comes in, trying to find a weak spot in Vendetta, but it seems to be too fast for Ripper! Vendetta turns magnificently, and slams into Ripper€™s side! Now, it brings the axe down, and grabs hold tightly! It pushes Ripper into the pit release button! Oof! That€™s got to hurt, and now, Vendetta slams Ripper into Matilda€™s flywheel!
    CRASH!!!!
    OUCH, that€™s going to leave a mark€¦ and it has! The flywheel makes a dent in the armour of Ripper! Ripper is okay though, and now Ripper tries to fight back, and it gets underneath the side of Vendetta and flips it!
    FLIP!!!
    Vendetta is flipped 6 feet in the air and comes back down on its wheels! Now, Vendetta gets underneath Ripper again, and slams it into King Arthur€™s CPZ! The king is ready with his flywheel!
    CRASH!!!
    What a hit! Ripper goes FLYING out of control, and now, it lands on its back, but self-righting. Ripper, with one side badly dented, now gets under the side of Vendetta there, and pushes it into the wall! Uh oh, this does not look good at all€¦
    FLIP!!
    €¦ but Lewis refuses to take no for an answer here, as Vendetta crashes back down onto the arena floor, and it lives to fight another moment or two! Vendetta self-rights, and it fights back, as it gets underneath Ripper once again! Now, it carries Ripper towards the pit and fires the axe!
    WHACK!
    €¦ and now, is Ripper going to go down? Ripper needs to hang in there€¦ but NO! Ripper goes down to the pit!

CEASE!

Ripper gets ripped into small pieces.
    V for Vendetta goes through to the Heat C Final!!!

The tradition of Kody failing at predictions continues to this day! Hallelujah! :P

In all seriousness well done Lewis, and not a bad fight Samuel.

w00t! commiserations Lian, but great fight Samuel

thanks lewis for an epic fight, shame someone had to lose

hey sam would i be able to replaces hammer and nails (due to the fact it sucks and will be redesigned)
    with smashy smashy (originally was called son of tenderizer until mark gave me it#

stats are here (if you let me replace it)

Smashy Smashy
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Simply, a box with 2 wedges at the front: one on the left, and one on the right. There is 20cm of width in between the 2 wedges for the meat tenderizer to come down, like Wedge of Doom
    Colour: Black.
    Dimensions:90cm x 70cm x 20cm
    Drive: 4x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 3x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 6 externally mounted solid rubber wheels with aluminum boron carbide hubs.
    Armour: 5mm titanium, except the front wedge which is 8mm titanium,
    Speed: 25mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, and 5mm at sides and back.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Weapons: A powerful axe, with a 4kg hardox meat tenderizer for an axehead. The tenderizer's blades are diamond tipped, and it can hit an opponent and do damage when the axe springs back to its rested position, like Terrorhurtz. The axe itself is powered by a 2.2kg 750psi Co2 tank feeding gas to a 90mm bore 400mm stroke ram which pushes the axe forward, giving near 600kgs of force.
    Srimech: The axe self-rights the robot. If it gets stuck on its side, repeatedly firing the axe will cause it to land on its back or right way up.
    Strengths: Powerful axe. Also very maneuverable.
    Weaknesses: Exposed wheels and average armor.

revised tactics

razer: wanna team up lewis? your disc and my crusher we should take out the favorite out which is maximum genocide

terrorhurtz: hhmmmmm team up again lewis

hydra: team up with holepunch2.0 and let him crush into cry with the saints as i axe away and then we will pit him

Hey guys, here's the next battle. Sorry for the delays.

Nidhogg Cubed VS Gehenna

Justine: Right, Joey. This just in, you are up against the 5th seeds, Gehenna.
    Joey: Well, AJ beat me last year in a judge€™s decision, so this would be a good time to get revenge on him.
    Justine: So, what are your tactics?
    Joey: Hope for the best, and grab and pit. That€™s the main thing I can do really€¦
    Justine: All right, good luck.
    Joey: Thank you.

Justine: Well, Andy you are up against Nidhogg again.
    AJ: Well, this version of Nidhogg is much stronger, so I will do my best and try to use the flipper and spinner as much as possible, hopefully for the judge€™s decision.
    Justine: Ok, anything else?
    AJ: Well, the ground clearance on Nidhogg is somewhat high on the back so I will take advantage of that, and also avoid the front as much as possible.
    Justine: All right then, good luck.
    AJ: Thank you.

(BATTLE 4!!!)

Ladies and Gentlemen, Please Welcome€¦

NIDHOGG CUBED!!!

GEHENNA!!!

Roboteers, Stand By€¦

There€™s Joey in the first control booth at the controls of Nidhogg, and AJ in the other booth at the controls of Gehenna, and the house robots running amok for destruction in this battle will be Mindbender with the spinning hammers, and Sir Killalot with the drill and claws.

3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦ ACTIVATE!!!

So, it€™s a grudge match of last year€™s battle where Nidhogg lost to SoR Hex. Both Nidhogg and Gehenna€™s ground clearance at the front is 0mm, so it really matters who gets underneath. Nidhogg gets underneath the side of Gehenna first, and clamps it tightly! Now, it drags Gehenna into the saws, and sparks fly! Gehenna gets away unscathed somehow and it fights back with the spinning bar!
    CRASH!!!
    Sparks fly everywhere and Nidhogg goes spinning away, but that didn€™t cause much damage but just a dent, not too visible. Good attack there by Gehenna, and likewise a good defence Nidhogg, I must say. Gehenna will hopefully get some points for that attack. Gehenna comes in with the bar once again, but Nidhogg plays the brave fool, turns and barges right into the fully spun up blade!
    CRASH!!!
    Nidhogg spins away, and a flurry of sparks scatters the arena floor! Nidhogg comes out unscathed again, good defence there by Joey! Now, Nidhogg immediately finds the side of Gehenna and drags it into the saws once again, and sparks fly as the saws strike Gehenna€™s underbelly! Gehenna gets away, and presses the pit button. Now, it slams its front wedge into Nidhogg€™s side, gets underneath and tries flipping it into Mindbender€™s spinning hammers of doom! Nidhogg tries to get away€¦
    CRASH!!!
    €¦and it just spins Nidhogg away with massive force! Nidhogg€™s front crusher is very slightly bent, but now, it gets underneath Gehenna€™s side, and tries to drag it towards the pit€¦ but Gehenna just barely escapes! Gehenna spins up its blade again, and now both robots go crazy on each other!
    CRASH!!!!!
    A massive hit, as both bots go flying and Nidhogg almost falls into the pit, now getting away, though. The time is running out€¦
    10€¦ 9€¦ 8€¦ 7€¦
    Gehenna gets under the side of Nidhogg and flips it, and Nidhogg tries self-righting!
    6.. 5€¦ 4€¦
    Now, it gets away, gets underneath and tries to clamp Gehenna! However, Gehenna is quick to get away! Gehenna comes in with the spinning blade for one more blow!
    3€¦ 2€¦ 1€¦

CEASE!!!

CRASH!!!

That is a massive hit, and it sends Nidhogg spinning near the pit and almost in! But it€™s all up to the judges now.

JD: Gehenna / N^3
    Style: 2.3/5 / 2.7/5
    Control: 2.5/5 / 2.5/5
    Damage: 2.8/5 / 2.2/5
    Aggresion: 2.5/5 / 2.5/5
    Total Score: 10.1/20 / 9.9/20

OUCH! Nidhogg Cubed crashes out by a 0.2 point margin!
    Gehenna goes through to the Heat C Final!

Heat C Final
    Gehenna VS V for Vendetta

Tactix, Pred's, and a nice cup of hot chocolate please.

Register To Comment