Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A New and exciting product from Roaming Robots - Battle Ratz

Spent a good chunk of last night playing with these things at Liam's party and I have to say I love them

I didn't think I'd be that enthused by them as I'm used to operating feathers but I could've played with them for hours. Maybe not at football, simply because I'm rubbish at it but driving them about and getting some flipper action in was good fun

So yeah, without a gun being pointed at my back I'd say it's a worthwhile piece of kit. A word of caution though: don't buy/operate these around exam time, or if you've got deadlines to meet, otherwise you're screwed!

Hiya,

Answers to your questions..

Yes the flipper does auto retract... ready to fire again when your ready !
    We also do have an option to have it remote control opperated, you can even have both together. We just use the self fire for our pay to drive robots, and also means you can use a 2channel tx saving costs.

We do plan on releasing another version, and that will be the FW version, wont be around until January 2010, but it is in our plan. It would take some devlopment to get it working in a FW version, no one would believe how much development we have had to do to get to this stage let alone the forces involved with enough tension in the springs to flip a 13.6kg feather weight !!

JOhn

Quote Originally Posted by roamingrobots
    no one would believe how much development we have had to do to get to this stage let alone the forces involved with enough tension in the springs to flip a 13.6kg feather weight !!
    Oh I would, I have no problem believing that.

I have some ideas depending on what games turn up (I'm assuming it will be sort of like early robot wars/ the robotica competitions.)

My friend and cousin won't like it as much though as it means building a good all rounder of a machine and not one based on pure destruction

An invertible lifting weapon is more difficult than I thought ...

Why is it hard? you could do a lifter like Maelstrom's flipper very easy. Or somthing like Big Nipper without the claw.

The lifter bit is relatively easy.

Trying to get it to figure out which way up the machine is and therefore rotate to touch the floor is the difficult part (I'm aiming for a shovelhead like robot).

**update**

Well just thought id do a small update as its been a few weeks since we launched the kit.

Work is still going on, and we are busy with the Battle Ratz.

Our own fleet of pay to drive robots have now had a major update and improvement. From the outside, the untrained eye wouldnt notice, but we do... just simply for extra reliability, as our robots have a lot more abuse than the kits.

Saying that, we have transfered a couple of the small updates over to the kit to also improve them.

We have now finalised the kits design and work is about to begin this week on the first batch of kits which have been sold. All of the parts have been ordered, and our first job is to make the plastic pannels.

Barnsley in February 2010 will now be our official first event for Battle Ratz, and along side our main show we will be hosting a competion. Details to be finalised nearer the time.

Thats it for now.

Regards

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.uk

Register To Comment