Register To Comment

Thread: PRESSURE MK1 an unique robot

hi there im new to this site

but lets get down to the point

pressure mk1 for me was a unique (hope i spelt it right lol) robot with 5 weapons on board which for me deserves its own thread

but does anyone know what all the weapons were cos ive only seen the front and back scoop be used

P.S. is great to be here

I remember Pressure 1, it looked like a cross between a big fish and a submarine!
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

was this pressure the one on robotwars new blood? or was it the 7th war? all i can remember is a version of pressure fighting pirrarnah- how ever spelt and sedric slammer

Hi guys, I€™ve just spotted this post.
    Tony has it mostly right, Pressure had front and rear flippers (although due to small bore pipes they were more like lifters!), unfortunately I had wired the servos wrongly and when I fired the front flipper for the first time in the arena the back one went up!
    In fact Pressure had never been in one piece or fully tested until it was put in the arena for its first fight, we were still assembling it in the queue for the weigh-in in the car park!
    The axe was badly damaged in the first fight by Mr. Phsyco, for some reason this was edited out of the show. :|
    We repaired it, sort of, and it did work once against Piranha in our second fight, you can just make out a clang as it strikes.
    The two €œside swipers€ did have large, steel spikes on them but Pressure was over weight so we took them off to get in the limit.
    As to maintenance€¦.Nightmare! Even basic jobs required a major strip down, there were 5 rams operating in 3 plains controlled by 5 servos and 10 valves!!! You couldn€™t get a hand in without losing some skin!
    What was I thinking?
    Pressure mk1 only did Extreme 2 and got to a heat final where it was severely roughed up by Cedric Slammer but it was still running (being chased around by Sir Killalot) on €œCease€
    Pressure mk2 entered the audition rounds of series 7 but was not selected.
    It did do one live event, the last Debenham Robot Rumble and won 2 of it€™s 5 fights.
    I still have the mk2 shell.
    Mike.

Hi again, thought I'd put my website here, there are loads of pics and deatails of Pressure mk1, mk2 and mk3.
    I have not put anything else up for about 4 years! My bad!
    www.windbags.co.uk
    Mad Mikey HM!!!

Register To Comment