Register To Comment
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 6th December - Roaming Robots - Wigan - The FINAL.

thanks to everyone for a great event thanks to jonno for letting me drive ripper im up for that again

so many funny moments so glad i went each battle block of wood had another body pannel feel off probably something to do with stu getting a pit in one with it

thanks again

Well guys€¦.. that€™s a wrap !!!

What a year 2009 has been, full of many high and low points€¦ starting the year with a sold out Barnsley, moving to cardif loosing a load, riding through the credit crunch€¦. To making severe changes to things and turning it around.
    Wouldn€™t have done that without the support of the roboteers€¦ and of course my hard working crew !! Thankyou to all.
    Ok so we started the event off with problems€¦ it actually started Friday night, after I didn€™t get back from work in time to pick up the trucks Friday night, then Saturday morning, two cars were parked in front of the roller shutters at the unit€¦. Leaving only 1.5 free to reverse the truck up at to get the stuff out from both sides€¦. And then of course the theft.

But enough of that, we ended the year with a bang !!

Well done to THZ on becoming champion yet again, although your cheap shot at MD has been noted. MD did have the last laugh though as he dropped you out of the arena€¦ must have been great for the audience.
    Maelstrom unlucky in the final, just goes to show, it doesn€™t matter which place you qualify, you just have to be there !!!

Merlin€¦.. you are the first person to actually lift MD up, too bad your side kick left you to do all the work !!!
    So things look good for 2010, there is a new Uk 2010 format champs waiting to be launched which will hopefully see both major event organisors working together to give us a proper year long championship where all events will count !!
    Our events are booked, tickets all go on sale next week, and a lot of other things planned !!

Have a good break, and enjoy upgrading your robots for 2010€¦ MD is having it too€¦. Hydraulic pressure raised, hardox armour, heavier hammer€¦. Bring it on !!!

John
    www.RoamingRobots.co.uk

Forgot two other thankyou....

Geoff Thorpe... ( Santa ) worked hard with me week in week out with PR, and having a big box of audio adapters and leads.

Alan Young, for lending us a sound system, saved me having to run to maplins !!! Thanks !

And who ever else ive fogotten !!

To the chavs that stole our gear... a bit of advice.

The mixer / amp unit only has one side working, and the one which does is a bit dodgy.. wouldn€™t trust it to do a big important show.

The projector was a rip off when I bought it from ebay, too much money and crashes now and again, and the other one which is broken, we cant get fixed in the uk, it needs to go to china.

The speakers€¦. They were ok actually, but you€™ve only got one tube to join them together so you€™ll need to get another€¦ I heard boxing is there next week try them !

Oh the speaker stands after every event you loose a little bolt from a leg, and you have to hunt round for one ! Annoying I know sorry !

Strobes€¦. Missed them, however I think stu would have smashed it in the roof, he killed our other lights with feather weights.

We€™ve got the bottle of smoke fluid and the power cable for your new smoke machine, but you need our effects box to make it work as I chopped the wires and adapted it.

Oh but you€™ve got enough cable and adapters to open a maplins shop ! clive !!!!! might need some cable lol

Good news though you€™ve got our pyro pod for using your pyros new in, hope you blow yourself up !

But one piece of equipment which we did miss€¦.. the bolts to bolt the flipper down and could we find any the same length !!

Well done THZ, and congrats to all that got through.

Major Damage did seem to have a bad day with people picking on him, don't worry i'll get you over next time! Anybody got pics/vids of Merlin lifting MD?

See you next year.

Alan

Roboteer

Just had a look at film of our comp fight,a big thanks to John for not pulverising us when we were on one motor,you definately seemed to be showing us some mercy,or had you used all your gas on Thor
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Well thanks for a great year all...

I have enjoied most of it - honest.....

Im glad i got my arena flipper back on form near the end of the year thanks to jonno
    Good job he didn't sort out the DUMP on the flipper to close it fast enough or there would
    have been more broken lights

I think you're all great bunch of people and make the events for me great....
    but would like to say a special thank you to Little Devil Team, and Team Toon, and Pyscho Fling and Team Shock,
    always making me smile at each event (and cringe haha).

Can't wait for the new year, time to go one step further, if john lets me. haha.

Take Care all - have a Great Christmas and Happy New Year and see most of you in Feb!!

Register To Comment