Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Orr's new creations...

well, we have had a busy year so far, wev been to a couple of events, and learned loads. wev had some good time *remembers vs dantomkia* and some bad times *remembers vs tilly evo* but all of them were great fun

a lot has been going on since you have last seen us, first off we have updated our ants

pic of one of our ants dead meat:

http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ture10.jpg

(and we uploaded loads more ants, pics to follow)

wev had several ideas for feathers, a crusher, a pusher and two flippers will eventually be built.

and mythras has had a upgrade, we are now faster, stronger and the wheels are protected by a side bar

so all in all, team orr are back and ready to rumble!

when we update/rebuild/start building we will post here

jack

knocked up a few Rx battery's, saved a few bob and they work really well! they look the part too.

im thinking of making a bigger, 12v pack for a feather, then if i want i can stick 2 together to make 24v :P

does anyone know where i can get some decent cells? rechargable of course and possibly a charger for them? or would anyone happen to have a old pack lying around?

ta

jack

3 more ideas have come up, for feathers:

1: mine, its called active8 :P its a crusher, made of polycarbonate with hopefully about 400-500kg's of crush :shock:

2: this one is for both my brothers, its called woody the woodpecker, made of wood with a great big spinning drum on the front :P hopefully powered by a speed900 which should give it plenty of speed also for non-spinner events we have a wedge to put on the front

3: for my dad, its a box wedge made of 4mm mild steel, un-named as yet and a simple ram bot

in other news, my ants are now all working, and we might have a new heavy for reading

picked up a couple of belts from...currys for the drum spinner, crusher mech has been put to one side for a while, whilst we get crazy train working.

vid of new feather to be put up soon...

Sounds good, Jack

well alot happend today...

25/9/09: Dave Weston came round to help fix some of my robots after RFRC 2. first off we found a problem with one of dead meats motors, but it turned out to just be a cold solder joint, phew!!!

next up was flamboyant, now, flamboyant used 2 standard servos, hacked so it just contained a motor and 2 gears, as drive, it was made by Craig Danby, at aws28 we noticed one side had stopped working. today we took it apart to see what had happened...turns out one motor had died...so we got a replacment from another servo and tried to swap them, sadly this didnt work, so we took both servo drive pods out off the robot and replaced them with 2 micro geared motors, w00t that made it run pretty fast dave also donated the old wheels from F.I.N and that worked well, ta dave!!!

next we turned our attention to Valliant, he had taken a nasty hit from mutant at RFRC and the rx had conked out! we replaced that with a ar500....this is when i had my brainwave, we took the one working drive pod from flamboyant and mounted that on the chassis, then dave wired that up to a scorpion mini and connected that to the rx, then we attached a axe to the servo horn on the servo and we had a working axe unit! or so we thought....it wouldnt work for some reason, we tested it with daves stuff, worked REALLY well, but in valliant nada...dave took it home to play around with it, i spokeo him on msn a few minutes ago and he said your battery is only 4.8v, thats the minimum limit the `sorpion can work at. its possible its not charged enough to power the motorthe motor itself works,tried it when i got home.
    so itsounds good!

we had loads of practice fights, i even got dave to eat a wrap for tea XD ph and dave gave me the old satanix so its going well
    jack

dont expect much for a few days, in bed with concusion after getting dump tackled in rugby

I can update slightly in Jack's absence:

I've got the new Valliant all working, only slight issue is armour, which was going to be 1.5mm polycarbonate, but this would push the robot to 158g, so I am working on getting the weight down without sacrificing too much armour. There isn't much to the robot itself, and the base is already full of holes (seriously, its like swiss cheese), but I need to lose 8g, and in an ant thats a lot.

I'll keep you posted on Valliant's diet

The wheels should weigh about 8g :P

pffff i need the GIANT wheels joey :P

well done dave, any piccys?

Register To Comment