Register To Comment
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A special Robot Wars Fan Fiction Anniversary

In Series One, Roadblock from Bodmin overtook the opposition and pasted Bodyhammer after a spectacular grand final to become the first Robot Wars champion
    In Series Two, Panic Attack surprised everyone after pitting the almighty Cassius to become our second champion
    The next two series saw Chaos II break a Robot Wars record as it not only became the first to flip a robot out of the arena, but the first to win two series in a row!
    Razer became the holders of the crown in Series Five, after crushing and biting its way to victory
    In Series Six, Tornado blew its enemies into submission in a grand final worthy of a Robot Wars brawl
    And Series Seven, the RAF and Typhoon went to new heights as the sixth Robot Wars champion!

And now, after 5 years, Robot Wars makes its final return. And if you don't enter it, you'll simply have to read it

But enough of the Road to Armageddon, or as I call it, the M4, and on with the main course

The rules are different for this fan fiction net: I need eight people to enter one real robot and one vapourbot. Can six people please enter a featherweight and a middleweight (They can be either real or your own)

Its a heavyweight tournament, set in the Series Seven arena. The house robots will be there as usual

Normal weight limits apply, clusterbots, as many parts as wanted, are allowed, but once half are out, its all out

Thanks for entering this. I know Robot Wars was sent off long ago, but surely we owe us, the fans, one more rumble

See you tomorrow with some updates

Ehhhh...weird...but...

Why not, I'll enter with:

Macduff the 4th (HW vapourbot)
    Surgeon General (Battlebots Season 5)

As for otherweights:

Heretic (FW)*
    Xianghua III (MW)*

* - will probably update the renders for these bots

All vapourbot stats can be found on the link in my sig.

Ok i'll have Terrorhurtz as my real bot and Jack let me use CroOkEd evo

Regards

Harry

ok

O.I.D (stats on zed) and typhoon

and presuming i can also enter otherweights ...

fw: flow!

mw: voodoo Chile

Ooh, sounds like a lark.

HEAVYWEIGHTS:
    1. Traffic Warden
    SHAPE- square bracket, rounded rear
    COLOUR- black with a yellow stripe
    WEIGHT- 100kg, I hope
    DIMENSIONS- 95cm X 150cm X 25cm
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 10mm
    ARMOUR- 4mm Grade 5 titanium
    MOVEMENT- four inner wheels
    POWER- 2 x Etek-RT motors, running at 48v and producing 38hp.
    WEAPONS- Two vertical hydraulic clamps within the middle of the machine. Each clamp is powered by an 80mm x 40mm ram operating at 3000psi, delivering up to 10 tonnes of crushing power. When an opponent slips into the middle, the clamps activate and hold them in place. Traffic Warden can then drag them around and shove them into the nearest arena hazard. Think of it as Huggy Bear on steroids.
    SRIMECH- invertible, rounded rear should prevent it getting beached
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag, super special awesome thanks to Daniel Stickler, Martijn and AJ for helping with the design
    STRENGTHS- great traction, tough shell, fairly manoueverable, nippy, powerful grip
    WEAKNESSES- untested weapon, exposed ground clearance
    PIC- http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1130 ... nalto6.png

2. Tsunami (RW7)

FEATHERWEIGHT:
    Rolling Pin FTW
    SHAPE- cylinder ala Barberous
    COLOUR- brown
    WEIGHT- approx 13kg
    DIMENSIONS- 30cm X 50cm X 20cm
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 10mm
    ARMOUR- 3mm titanium monocoque body
    MOVEMENT- 2 x outer wheels with a rolling pin handle on each
    POWER- 2 X 9.6v drill motors, running on 12v. The motors run on 4000Mah NiCad€™s, resulting in a 4amp battery
    WEAPONS- Why, the robot itself. Rolling Pin FTW is armed with a full-body spinning drum, powered by a Speed 900 at 24v, with a second 4amp battery powering it. The drum can reach speeds of 2000rpm for the perfect balance of spin-up and slaughter.
    SRIMECH- invertible
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag, cheers to Joey for help
    STRENGTHS- Fairly destructive, fast, manoueverable, well protected
    WEAKNESSES- low pushing power, may prove tricky to control
    PIC- http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/517/ ... ftwhs5.png

MIDDLEWEIGHT:
    Killoteeny
    SHAPE- compact box shape with a front Storm 2-style wedge and a rounded rear
    COLOUR- red
    WEIGHT- about 50kg
    DIMENSIONS- 80cm X 60cm X 25cm
    SPEED- about 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0m
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm at the front, 5mm at sides and back without skirts, 0mm at sides and back with skirts
    ARMOUR- 5mm polycarbonate
    WHEELS- inside robot, 4WD
    POWER- 2 X S28-150s, running at 24v
    WEAPONS- The main weapon is the large 180 degree pneumatic axe, very similar to that of Killerhurtz, which operates ala a rack-and-pinion system like Terrorhurtz. Running on 160psi, it really packs more than a punch and can very easily self-right the machine.
    Also, if anything should happen to the axe, then the robot can use the low wedge and great pushing power to resort to a Tornado-style tactic - ram to death!
    SRIMECH- The axe. Even if it€™s already been fired while flipped, the axe can right itself ala Killerhurtz, aided by a rounded back. Also, the machine has a rounded back and a red semi-sphere on either side of robot to stop it landing on its side.
    NOTES- flies the Scotland flag
    STRENGTHS- Fast, dangerous weapon, good amount of traction, difficult to get under, quick srimech, quite good armour
    WEAKNESSES- so-so turning
    PIC- http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3106 ... enytj6.png

yes we are brothers

wooo i entered typhoon so i guess i am seeded

jack

I'll enter X-Terminator (thanks for reminding me of the seeds mate ) and Liar 2 as my vapour, stats on ZED

Register To Comment