Register To Comment
Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

That's lovely work!

Why?

It looks nice and less boxy than it's predecessor.

But drums and eggbeaters will have a field day on those corners.

I'm not so sure about that; with very hard steel, vertical spinners will not get much grip and while 722 might get thrown about a bit, its not going to take much real damage. We had an Aussie bot with similar armour and it took surprisingly little damage. On the other hand, flippers and wedges might find it easier to get under the sides and control 722.

I thought about the pros n cons for ages and decided that... if a vert hits it, its my fault for not driving good enough... which hasnt happened yet...

That and with the super hard hardox/welds it'll be hard for them to bite...

Against flippers/wedge bots... the old 720 still had a good 12mm ground clearance, so its not exactly anti wedge... plus with this new shape has more clearance when tilted on its side (needed for selfwriting) ...so it should be easier to drive back off a wedge from any angle

And it looks cool

You know its good when dave cringily referes to 722 as a she....

looking good thou mate

Hasn't happened yet.

You know that's going to be the kiss of death for the next one?
    It's very neatly done, I'm intrigued by this hybrid welding idea...

That looks bomb proof!

havent done an update in a while because i havent really done anything in ages... but im bored so figured id do one since the champs is approaching... hopefully it will encourage the rest of you to update your build diarys with pictures and such... sorry about the low quality phone pics in advance..

was looking like 722 was going to be over weight... so milled some pockets

Got some nice new connectors that have just come out... there a bitch to pull apart... and have little cable clamps etc and can take like 300amp and the beefy 8awg cable that comes with the castle creations stuff nicely;

finished the armor.... not sure if im going to paint 722 or just keep the polished look yet;

Desgined the new top plate and dropped of some 3mm grade 5 titanium to the laser cutters this week... hopefully that'll be cut out by Tuesday;

speed holes are for speed/weight reasons etc etc

i made a new base plate too but that's not really picture worthy

...so yeah its all looking very mediocre right now... just waiting on my tz85's to turn up so i can finish the electronics module and Ed wallace is hopefully knocking me up a new shaft for my 2nd mega customy brushless motor soon.... took way to long to design that... anyhow, after that im done

Register To Comment