Register To Comment
Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1045

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

Might as well, be cool to see it in action if you do run it!

It was the scorpion causing the problems IIRC, the motors along with the magnet were drawing too much? Good to see it running again .

yeah it was, the bosch's must be pulling a fair bit, drove it around for a while and they got warm which surprised me...

Found both the lipo's are nakard in it though so I've ordered some new ones- all being well they'll turn up Tuesday, and i should be able to give it a run at some point... haven't risked a spinup test above about 100rpm yet due to dodgy lipo's, so i'll try it on the day

It drives pretty smooth now on the TZ's though;

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by RogueTwoRobots; 6th April 2015 at 23:24.

World champs report;

Did a few testing days, found a problem with one of my new lipos which ended up in the fire box, glad i found that out before the comp,

I also did a demo where i smashed up an old computer screen... probably a bad move as loads of copper wire got sucked in by the drum belt, wrapping around the motor pulley and jamming it solid, which i think contributed to my motor failure in the main competition...

first fight; 722 vs Defector vs catharsis

Went okay, defector got pretty mashed up, the driver tapped out, i got a glancing blow on catharsis which seemed to KO something internally- luckily for me as catharsis was the only robot who scared me in the entire competition, once tim's got that shaken down its going to be a strong contender- 4 points

Second fight; 722 vs scruffy vs loki - Loki had problems when gassing up so it was just me and scruffy, got a hit on it, he got stuck on the wall - another 4 points

third fight- 722 vs mr mangle vs gluton - this one could of gone badly, Gluton pulled out due to early damage, me and mr mangle had a few knocks at eachother, then i got a good hit on mr mangle, knocking it out the arena so hard, it bounced back in, then bounced itself back out again- another 4 points

last fight- 722 vs hanibilito vs explosion; not really sure what happened here... looking forward to seeing the footage back, i think i went straight for explosion as i saw it as a bigger threat, as i hadnt seen hanibilito work in any of its fights up until this point, just my luck the one time it did work, it was wedged under the back end of 722 and flipped me out- I allready had enough points to go through at this stage and didnt really even need to enter, but still - got another 1 point and got through to the next round

next round- first fight against galactus;

Got drawn against disturbance... my old robot 540 without the weapon working.. as soon as i span up i heard something wasnt right as the drum was screaming.... turns out the motor bearing had given up (possibly caused by the damage from the test day)... fight was kinda boring, few nocks and shoves until my motor over heated, pulled too much current and the fuse protecting the lipo blew.. so glad ive got that fuse, as the insides of the robot were pretty warm after that round.

quick pit stop for the losers melee- thanks to Ed, Gunty, Adam, Calum, Glen etc for the extra hands... a 720/722 world record time attack repair seems to be an annual thing now, and its always impressive lol

same problem again, it seems the speed of the drum is causing the grease to fly out of the drum bearings, causing it to over heat- this time against mr mangle and tormenta 3.... the esc over heated, so the drum stopped... tried to spin up again, fuse blew due to over current... so i tapped out to let Ellis and Nick go through.

got bored being out of the competition...so decided to find some pieces of broken robots and make a trophy for the drum off competition... grabbed galactus's old drum, mr mangles skid i ripped up, drumrolls old drum motor and some of 720's skids, along with some wooden bits from endeverour and titanium from PJ and set to work... it actually came out pretty well, got all the entrants into the drum off to sign it, then we fought it out... BOOM instant bragging rights for 12 months as i kicked there ass's.. specially Jamie's, which is the most important thing.

So next year....

New sharper teeth for 722 to improve engagement (was lacking this year as the teeth were very used)
    New sharper longer skids to kill flippers with
    lighter better grip wheels
    top secret getting under super low flipper thing device
    Hopefully 3mm titanium base to match the top

Kicking back thinking about how easy it'll be to beat jamie;

Turns out it was damn easy;

"fuse blew due to over current... so i tapped out to let Ellis and Nick go through."

Lol@this.

not really sure what happened here... looking forward to seeing the footage back

Yeah i typed all that out- then found the vid on youtube and couldn't be bothered to re-type...

kinda boring fight? pfffft

Register To Comment