Register To Comment
Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

Great shape, so chunky!

This is a CAD model of Reboot - I can't see too much resemblance to 722's panel armour:

nice CAD!

regarding welding… ill just bolt the 2 front plates and rear plate on, then just build it and tack it as i go… measure it.. tweek it.. add the next plate etc until its all done… then weld it up once I'm happy with it no point messing about with jigs for something like this.

Haha, good posting tactics Dave. To be honest, I still need to hit the CAD and work out what's happening with Drumroll this year so I'm sure I can throw a bit of difference in there

And with regards to Reboot, I was more talking about its curved outer armour. On my phone so can't get a pic of it but damn it looked good. Drumroll II was based around it but mine ended up much more boxy :-/

Ha Ha, that brings back some memories! That version is much older than the CAD I found and the armour is mostly made of old car bumpers. Gary from team Rotwang is a genius welder and hotrod builder who can take an old pile of junk and turn it into a winning design. The side armour was very effective against the robots of the day.

Oooo I love that Robot, it's one of my favourites!

christmas came early

just got parts back from the laser cutters… this is one side of the armour ready to be welded together… me and grant have been looking into new welding methods… meaning the welds on 722's new armour should be harder than the hardox itself without being brittle if all goes to plan;

compared to 720s old armour its only 28g heavier before the welding… a lot less than i expected

Register To Comment