Register To Comment
Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: 360 - mini hypnodisc

dave and tom you've miss typed VFTW:P

had a few problems

the light weight aluminium arms riped itself apart

The gearbox keeps breaking its roll pins

It doesnt seem to have enough power to turn the robot back over

soo.. ive got a long bolt as the selfwrighting arm at the moment.. replaced the roll pins with 3.6mm tool steel dowles

But it still doesnt have the power.. which is wierd because it should have LOADS more then it needs... Time to up the voltage

Not laughing....honest!

Gets worse.. just put a bigger astro in it to try (just fit) and it seemed to have the power until the MOD0.8 gears on the final stage striped

Seems engineering the self-righter is more of a challenge then the disc.

so nowww... going to go upto MOD1 10mm wide gears on the final stage, change the ratio for abit more power and run the bigger astro im going to put in on 5c lipo instead of 4.

astroflight 25 for sale PX or swap for astro 40 anyone?

pics

showing the size difference between an astroflight 25 and the 40 size

tight enough fit? will have to cut off the back end of the shaft on the new motor when i get one (that ones eds lol)

sounds like its being a pain in the u know what then lol

i bet aswell once you've got the selfrighter all finished after lots of hard work, you won't end up needing to use it:P lol, i mean how many times did you see hypnodisc selfright once they had built a selfrighter in?

hope u manage to get the problems sorted out, keep us posted

But 360 flipped itself fighting suprize, so it does need a self righter. plus it will look good when hes raising it and lowering it while doing victory spins after ripping peoples drums off the front of there robots
    is there an award for best looking self righter mechanism?

lol good call tom.

forgot this pic- shows the mashed up gears;

Just rang hpc, they have some gears the same MOD but twice the thickness made from EN24 in stock, that will take 4 times the tourque should be a direct ish replacement. Also buying a modified astroflight 40 from grant cooper. still un decided on weather or not to change the ratio on the final stage to slow it down with abit more power.

Shrimec wont be done in time for tag teams now either way as i start my new job on monday.. so less time to fiddle about with robots

Register To Comment