Register To Comment

Thread: Roboteq v Watty

Roboteer

Hi all, the time is fast approaching when the next upgrade to And His Army is needed.A better speed controller is required and i would be glad to receive the advice from you all on the pro's and cons of Roboteq v Watty, or any other suggestions that you may have.
    Thanks
    Clive
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

The Roboteq does have all the fancy features but seeing as 90% of users dont use them its abit of a waste. I would certainly go for a wotty, the biggest problem now is getting the Roboteqs fixed, i dont think they even bother, they just do you a part exchange.

Personal opinion .... it depends on what motor you are running....the wotty is a great speedo with good control. but i would say anything more than a mag you will be having problems. the wotty 360 struggled with the mags a little and when the robot had a heavy fight the wottys thermal cut out stopped the robot for around a minute to cool down. no good for me and Envy. If you run bosch then the wotty is spot on.

The Roboteq has never really failed me or jason and we both run mags. It gets pretty warm and still keeps on going. The Roboteq is a very good speedo too but it suits the mags better than a wotty. The control and driving is nearanuff the same.

So to sum up i would reccommend the wotty for bosch and a roboteq for mags. Oh and kane just put some mags in Behemoth mate cos them lems are nothing but trouble.

clive i can recomend the sidewinder i have had 5 roboteqs all very good UNTILL they blow up you need an exchange, i only used on 750 bosches so thats all i would recomend

Now if you plan to get repairs on them when they do blow (if) i would go with the Watty because Ian can repair or swap in this country as the poxy import duty can be £40 a time on top of repair

its all down to what set up

In The Saint I have a wotty180 running Bosch 750 motors and out of all the heavy weight robots on the circuit I think mine is the hardest test for their durability and robustness.
    They have worked without many problems. The only fault I have found is if you run the robot 3 fights a show for two shows a day the Speedo dose not get time to cool down, this means I have had two occasions when the over temperature trip has cut in and I have lost the fight again!!
    I am thinking of some forced cooling of the outer case to help with this, but other than that they are great and Ian is very helpful if you have any problems too.
    The Robotec is a Speedo I have not used yet so I can€™t comment but if the motors are 750 Bosch then watty gets my vote.

oh and i forgot apart from import duty its the 3 WEEKS return somtimes if you are lucky

Register To Comment