Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Asgard

Well its getting late to start this since I started building over a year ago. Asgard is my new featherweight, specs below, which sofar is just a pile of parts with a few machined components. Will post a photo when I get my camera out of my toolbox.

Drive: Astros with 2wd
    speedo: vantec
    Batteries: Lipos
    Weapon: Rack and pinion pneumatic axe with Titanium axe head
    Armour: what ever I have left of the weight budget.
    current weight: 7Kgs not including most things really.

i hope its good rly wonna see more feather axes

plus where has waynes robot gone, the wayne from RC

Dunno where Wayne is at the moment.

No further work on Asgard, but I just took DB5 apart to find a smashed magnet in one of the golds. I am still amazed by these motors, it did 8 fights at the space centre the other weekend with this damage since it has been making a horrible noise since being smashed by Major Damage's hammer at swindon. Just need to dig out the spare caseing for RIAT.

I've probably got a spare case hanging about if you need one.

All better now, but my space motor now has no casing so might take you up on the spare case at some point Alan, thanks.

Getting some time to finish this robot is proving difficult. But have now finished a prototype gearbox and the ram is mounted and working, although the angle needs adjusting to get some more meshing on the axe pinion. Will get some pics taken and up tomorrow hopefully. Axe shaft and Ti axe head have been made and looking good. Still think this thing is going to overweight when its finished, but thats where CAD and a milling machine come in handy.

While im here list of jobs for other people that I have to do:
    Grant - Buffer things get done either tomorrow or tuesday.
    Craig - Picking up the Ti from Dave tonight so again will try to machine next week depending on suitable tooling.
    Will - If your at norwich pass on the ant disk to me then I will do the drum part.
    Alan - probably leave your bits till after scotland since we are both busy before then.

If ive forgotten any other jobs Im supposed to be doing for folks please remind me.

Did some more work today, finished the other gearbox case and shortened the rack to the right length. Also did some work on 360, Dave is going to upload some photos of both robots later.

pics;

CAD- ready to get virtually smashed

Baseplate machined;

Gearbox's mounted

axe machined;

fired position;

Retracted position;

Ed, getting dirty;

Ready to get smashed for real lol

Looks huuuge. Hadn't seen what the design was like before, but I have to say it's looking very cool, a bit Thor-esque in its general shape. If it's running at the champs, I look forward to avoiding fighting it

Register To Comment