Register To Comment

Thread: Splinter

It got damaged well enough by TerrorHurtz and Kanoper. I am still intent on a rebuild but it will have to wait.

I used Splinter for over 2 seasons with only minor alterations. after so many battles and damage and bending it back into shape there is nothing left to scrap. It was its time. Some parts are now being used in other robots, both mine and from others.

Yes that one is retired for good. there are only so many times you can bend 20-20-2 angle profile back in shape.

Doesn't the current version of Obsidian have the same position of axe waiting tio be fired as Splinter?

BTW, Hope to see Splinter in action again some time in the future, looks a good robot
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

Quote Originally Posted by liambryant
    Doesn't the current version of Obsidian have the same position of axe waiting tio be fired as Splinter?
    Yes it does, because that axe system was intended for the rebuild of Splinter originally. But when I took over Obsidian it was a Nitrogen powered axe, and the FRA wanted to get rid of all robots were not CO2 pneumatics so we killed 2 birds with one stone and united Obsidian with Splinters new axe system.

BTW, Hope to see Splinter in action again some time in the future, looks a good robot
    I have always been fond of Splinter and if time and money allows I will have a new Splinter again. Only it will not be made up of angle iron and polycarb anymore, it needs to be a bit more beefy then it was then.

Register To Comment