Register To Comment
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: safety issues

On the subject of failsafes the receiver appears to continue outputing the current position on all channels for one to two seconds after the transmitter is turned off. The throttle channel then outputs the failsafe position for about 1/2 a second before stopping all output while all other channels just stop all output.
    So does this mean that, if I'm using an Electronize controller for example (without any built-in failsafes), I can just connect it straight to the receiver and the robot will stop moving when the transmitter is turned off, or would I need to fit an external failsafe between the ESC and RX?

Not wishing to complicate matters further but has anyone had any experience of the Radio Link 2.4 Ghz radio.
    I found it on a site Giantcod.co.uk and here is the link.
    http://www.giantcod.co.uk/gianitcod-24g ... 03779.html
    It appears to have a few advantages over the Planet T5 as it has side entry connectors on the Rx, Elevon mixing in the Tx and a £25.48 price tag for a transmitter receiver combo.
    The manual claims it is CE and FCC approved although the CE mark on the rx is not standard.
    I have ordered one to do some testing and will let you know what I find.

Hi Peter, I saw the thread you made for the Radio Link system over on the RW101 forum and after reading the questions and reviews on the site I opted to buy one, so will be able to share my experiences of it soon (have made a thread in the general section for it).

As you say Woody, it would be good to have another cheap 2.4GHz option available, especially if it is suitable for all weight classes. I was one of the people against the decision to write 40MHz units out of the rules but with 2.4GHz sets costing this little, making the transition shouldn't hit wallets particularly hard.

Register To Comment