Register To Comment
Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Tag Team Champs & Power Tool Drag racing!

Pictures are up: http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ ... ps%202009/

Just got back home 5 mins ago. Was a good weekend, savage evo broke itself every round. Thanks Robo Challenge and Silverline for a great event. Thanks to the Coopers for the lunch this afternoon, well yesterday afternoon now cos its already tuesday, set off friday got back tuesday, long weekend eh?
    Well happy that the robo challenge bike got going and was pretty quick. Shame about my bike, Broke a clutch then the throttle cable, I probably shouldnt have been messing about on it on saturday then it might have worked better sunday.
    Shower and bed now I think.

Hey Guys,
    This event was a little bit different to our usual events, combining both robots and dragracing over 1 weekend.
    I hope you guys enjoyed this event as much as we did!

360's fight was my favourite of the weekend, sadly the Gadget show werent around to film it but overall the Robot side of it went down very well with Silverline. The Drag Racing has progressed massively this year, and I'm glad we managed to give you guys the opportunity to race along side us and almost beat us Better luck next year!

I was Impressed with some of your entries, especially Alan's, Micheal Oates's, and Garys to name a few. Well done guys and awesome attepts!

Thankyou firstly to Tom and Paul for stopping behind on sunday and helping us pack away all day monday - Your help is much appreciated!

Also, thankyou to everyone who helped out getting my Drag bike running - Mainly to Sam Smith, Kenny, Wayne and everyone else! Without you guys being able to put the time in whilst I had to help running all the Indoor systems we wouldnt have beaten the Gadget show - That effort is massively appreciated!
    With all the work that went into it the 10 days or so before the event, and all the problems that accured it's amasing it held out for just enough races to claim 3rd place and hopefully appear on the Gadget show shortly (hopefully with some footage of the robots!)
    Sam and Kenny, When i get it going again with new engines i'll let you have a go - I couldnt let it run whilst the indoor racing was going on because of safety aspects - sorry if i sounded abit harsh but its our neck on the line if anything went wrong!
    Has John Lear recovered from his burger poisoning yet?

All in all, A fun weekend with Robots, Drag Racing and a little bit of helicopter/plane flying mixed in!

interesting event shame that my batteries were rubbish

thanks to robo challenge and everyone who set the event up

also thanks to Jonno for allowing me to drive Rip evo-i am avaiable to drive it again if you think i am good enough

we have the details of a gadget show camera guy and will be sending the 360 fight into them they might use it

thanks alex

Has John Lear recovered from his burger poisoning yet?
    only just ;(

which 360 fight did u like ?

John L - The 360 fight posted above with video - excellent example of full combat! Things like that are what makes building our arena worthwhile.

John Frizell - Thankyou for the comments, very happy you enjoyed the mixture of robots and drag racing as much as we did.

Does anyone have any pics/vids of my Chainsaw drag bike in action? I would like to make up a video of it to put up on you-tube.

Ive got some Grant.

We've all known for a while that 360's setting the standard for spinners in terms of destructability and in-arena performance (or acrobatics, whichever the case may be ) and having watched its fights again, I reckon that's the level of noise, carnage and fear-inducing fighting that should be in every spinner fight.

I know Gary's new spinner is on the way, 360's constantly undergoing improvements and Tom's got another spinner in the pipeline so to keep up this consistency and try to bring a win to the spinners, I'm going to spend some time redesigning Drumroll for version 2 with full brushless and lithum fitting out combined with reliability and effectiveness

Let's take this thing to the next level

Register To Comment