Register To Comment
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge Tag Team Champs & Power Tool Drag racing!

I Really don't see what all the fuss is about.

This Angle grinder is £16. Spend a couple of quid on a frame and thats it. It will cost most people more in fuel to get to the event. Of course if you want to win you might need to spend a bit more but you don't have to it just a bit of fun.

My point was raised because I have no wish to participate in, nor waste my already limited time on any new machines just to compete in a competition that, under normal circumstances, would be free and uncomplicated for anyone to enter.

Also, my freind has limited resources at his disposal, only just enough for a FW, never mind a power tool drag racer. Because he cannot/does not wish to make a drag tool racer, is it fair to prohibit him from entering as competition that he does want to (and he even has a Tag Partner lined up) ?

Having had a more thorough look at the rules and a couple of videos and having had some sleep (I was a bit cranky during my last post) I'm a bit more willing to have a go at making a racer. I still think it shouldn't be an entry requirement especially, as Dave mentioned, some people have very limited resources and time, particularly new builders, but I'll keep an open mind about building one for now

I personally am in favour of this drag racer rule thing

having had a go first hand it is really cool and it can be so cheap - another thing to maybe win etc

i think people who are interested may be assited with the building in someway (trying not to reveal owt)

cool event i think

Just to clear things up a little...

The Power tool drag racing is the main event, and we are building and running that side of things too. We are trying to build up the popularity of this event and so do silverline, which is why we are trying to get as many roboteers into it as possible.

We are NOT being paid to run the event, we are NOT selling tickets, therefore we are NOT making any money for this. We were offered the chance by silverline to run an event there if we wanted to, to encourage roboteers to come along and build a dragster, not the other way around. It would FAR easier (and much cheaper) for us to forget the event but its something we want to do, mainly becuase theres not much chance for you guys to have a full combat and we belioeve its a great way to introduce roboteers into another fun, cheap sport with more prize money than any robot live event!

...so you won't be letting me compete at what would be a perfectly timed first event for me, when I had a team mate lined up and had virtually started planning my summer around it, purely because I'm not that interested in the drag racing and do not have the resources or skill to build one as well as building the robot?

The 110v supply it states will be a typo - i will get silverline to sort that asap as it is running 240v 13A supply to each lane.

Hi Rob,

I think it this one:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... rm=531-431

Its mentioned in the rules page for the drag racers on the Robochallenge website. Its to allow the connection to simply get pulled apart when the length of the power cord is exceeded, causing the dragster to stop at the end

Register To Comment