Register To Comment

Thread: carrying cradles???

hi all

in the fra rules it states that All Robots not in an arena or official testing area should be raised on their carrying
    cradles in a manner so that their motive power cannot cause movement if the Robot
    were turned on, or cannot roll or fall off a pit table. Runaway Robots are VERY
    dangerous.

so this means the point of a cradle is to lift the robot off the ground so the locomotion wouldn't move the robot if it were turned on?

im fine with that!

BUT...mythras use's a locking system on the motors (like a knob or a switch) so that when the switch is in LOCK mode the wheels dont move...

the motors are then unlocked in the arena...

SO... would i still need a carrying cradle or could i just lock the motors???

thanks in advance

jack

team orr

Yes Jack, you'll still need a cradle of some kind. Cabrakan had a similar locking system, but you still need to raise it off the ground. If you have some sort of trolley that the robot sits on where the wheels can drive in mid air, this will count as a cradle too.
    Most teams just put some bits of wood together.

You need a cradle for tech checking to keep the wheels off the ground. I doubt just a locking mechanism would get you through a tech check but as said, a few pieces of wood knocked together will suffice!

Jack, with the tech check you have to show the robot failsafing while on the cradle. You will be asked to drive the robot full speed forwards, then switch off the tx while still in full forward, and the robot must stop spinning its wheels within a few seconds. Then the same is done for a left or right turn.

Needless to say, the wheels need to be free to do this. Therefore, a carrying cradle.

Nice penguin Leo...

The robot must remain on the cradle at all times outside the arena. With the feathers it is generally accepted that they are carried to the arena without the cradle, but they must not be put down before or after the fight unless its on a cradle. Heavies are different and should be transported to the arena on their cradle.

Register To Comment