Register To Comment
Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 4

I'll enter for the heavyweights at least. Not sure about the lighterweights.

ORKA RV

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: Basic Invertible box-wedge shape. 1m long, 0.8m wide, 0.3m at maximum height.
    Speed: Some 15mph
    TC: 0
    GC: 8mm, 0mm at front.
    Wheels; 6 inner
    Armour; 7mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by S28-400 Magmotors, at 24v.
    Colour; Black with white patches
    Weapons; A pneumatic CO2 powered flipping arm that spans most of the robots length. It can throw some 400 kilos and has about 50 flips. Although the arm itself is quite narrow (about half the robot width), the flipper plate expands the full width.
    Srimech: It's a both-er. It can run inverted AND self-right using the arm.
    Inspiration; I've always liked Orcas. Adding the K made it sound more dangerous.
    Strengths; Weapon
    Weaknessess: Hard to turn

DIE-REVERTA-TOPS

Weight; 100 kilos
    Body Shape: A variation on the Wedge shape...it's sort of shaped like Spawn Again, but is more closely sized to Firestorm.
    Speed; 15mph
    TC; 0
    GC; 0mm at front, 10mm at sides and back.
    Wheels; 4 inner
    Armour; 8mm titanium
    Power; 3x 12v batteries, powered by S28-400 Magmotors, at 24v.
    Colour; Green, with Killer Carrot style wrinkles, mouth and eyes. One of the eyes has a plaster over it, the other is a black eye. A few bandages are painted on this time.
    Weapons: A large pneumatic rear-hindged CO2 flipper, capable of flipping a tonne or so. Mounted on the flipper, and powered by its own Bosch motor, is a roller. This is designed to thrust the robot out of the way of oppodents when flipped over, so it can self-right safely. This feature, I believe, is unique.
    Srimech; It uses the flipper to self-right.
    Inspiration; I've always liked Dinosaurs.
    Strengths; Completely revamped, now much easier to control, turn and should flip harder.
    Weaknessess: Still very much experimental.

MEGA MASHER 2

Weight: 100 kilos
    Body Shape: A Triangle shape, a bit like Inshredable (from Series 6). 0.85m in length and width, and 0.35m at its highest point. The sides are heavily angled, a bit like UFO in S7, only more so.
    Speed: 15mph
    GC; 0 at front, 6mm elsewhere.
    Wheels; 6 inner, aranged in a 3-wheel-a-side formation. This means that four wheels are always on the ground at any one time.
    Armour: A nice 3.25mm Hardox, all over.
    Power: 3x 12v batteries, plus Bosch 750's at 36v.
    Colour: Red and yellow.
    Weapons; The front is a wedge, and the back has a nasty vertical titanium 35cm in diameter disc, powered by its own LEM130 motor and spinning at 2'000 rpm. It can probably flip as well as damage.
    Srimech: The robot can run inverted, with the sheer angling at the sides making stranding near impossible.
    Inspiration; This is probably the only robot I have where I have had no inspiration. It just came as a good name.
    Strengths: Power, weaponary
    Weaknessess: New and untested design.

Y5

Weight: 99 kilos
    Body Shape: T-Minus
    Speed: 16mph
    GC: 8mm
    Wheels: 2 semi outer (that means they're protected)
    Armour: 5mm steel on body, 9mm titanium on wheelguards.
    Power: The usual 3x 12v batteries and couple Magmotors (S28-400s) for power.
    Colour: Grey
    Weapons: Two Pussycat-style cutting blades, each powered by their own Bosch motor. They can spin at 4000rpm.
    Srimech: The robot can run inverted.
    Inspiration: Wouldn't know.
    Strengths: Easy to control, good speed.
    Weaknessess: Semi exposed wheels.

Oh, here's my featherweight....

BULLDOZER

Weight: 12.5 kilos
    Shape: Basic box shape with front scooper, 30cm by 20cm by 20cm
    Speed: 15mph
    TC: 0mm
    GC: 0mm at from, 6mm at back and sides.
    Wheels: 4 inner.
    Armour: 4mm aluminium armour all around. The sides and back are additionally protected by strips of balsawood, which is also used to create the horns. The top is additionally covered by what looks like a paper bag. All of these are purely for sacrificial purposes.
    Power: 2 18v drill motors, and 2 12v NiCads.
    Weapons: The front scoop provides the main weapon. It gets underneath an oppodent, then simply pushes into them, or turns them over. Also at the back is a tail, powered by its own electric motor. It is mostly there for effect.
    Srimech: The tail might do that.
    Strengths: Getting underneath the opposition.
    Weaknesses: Sacrificial, to say the least.

Entrants
    Joey McConnell
    Gabriel IV
    Magnitude
    Nidhogg Cubed
    STAT
    Drive (SHW)
    Heroin (MW)

Samuel Park
    Paralyzation 2
    Neo-Mecha
    Next Stop, Jupiter (hereby known as NSJ)
    Blue Hurricane
    CombatANT (AW; Ex1)
    Little Hitter (FW; RR)
    Ground Zero (LW)*
    Hazard (MW; BB5)
    Ziggy (SHW; RFL)

Liam Eliot
    Maximum Genocide*
    LockJaw v3*
    Elizabeth
    Apocalpyse II
    Anty B (AW: where from?)*
    Small System Shock (FW)
    Sergeant Slaughter (LW)*
    Maxus (MW)*
    Omega-Rex (SHW)*

Christopher Mason
    Orka RV
    Die-Reverta-Tops
    Mega Masher 2
    Y5
    Bulldozer (FW)

Steven McGregor
    (reserved)

Andrew Jackson
    (reserved)

Martijn Benschop
    (reserved)

Tracy Farber
    (reserved)

Paul Cuomo
    (reserved)

Aaron Knight
    (reserved)

* - indicates you need to fix your bot.

Liam - actually, I do need info on Anty B, to be honest. Also you have some vapours that need to be fixed.

Samuel - what's Ground Zero? Is it a realie, or a vapourbot? Never heard of it...

Thanks guys!

And incidentally, that vid led to the stats. Thank you, Samuel.

More entries, please!

Fair enough.

Anty B
    Weight: 150g / Antweight
    Dimensions: 80mm x 100mm x 75mm
    Motors/ Drive: 2x SuperTec Servos Sub-Micro NARO 9g ( Modified!!!)
    Speed: Very nippy
    Power: 6v 300Mah Ni-Mh
    Armor: Lexan & Titanium
    Chassis/ Body: Complete CNC'd panels all screwed together for easy access
    Weapons: Servo operated 1mm Titanium bucket
    Radio: Futuba Skysport 4 40MHz Transmitter. Receiver (Futaba R123FA 14g) Channels: 2xDrive, 1x electric Scoop.

This is a quote from the Storm II website on their old featherweight Force X:
    Force X (Force 10) pre-dates Storm Vortex and goes back even further being built in last 2001/2002. It was the first featherweight to use the 'Bosch 35w' motors that can now be seen in many featherweights and the first featherweight to deliver a weapon other than a simple lifter. Delivering over 750Kg of crush from the same linear actuators that the likes of Suicidal Tendencies used on their heavyweight robot, Force X gave a first glimpse into what could be done in this featherweight weight category.
    http://www.teamstorm.com/feathers/index.htm
    So not sure if Joey's actually right there.

Maxus? where did you get that from?

Maximum Genocide ~ would another 4 packs be sufficient?
    Dimensions (lxwxh): 78cm x 90cm x 12cm
    As for the srimech... may have to go without I guess, but why wouldn't it work?

LockJaw ~ not good with batteries not sure how much more I would need?

Omega-Rex ~ New Dimensions (lxwxh): 120cm x 120cm x 25cm

Anything still need sorting (other than the obvious battery problems)?

Joey sez: I'm pretty sure I am right, I haven't heard anything about them using actuators on it before. If wrong, I stand corrected.

As for batteries...2 3600mah packs is 7.2ah, which is just about enough to keep a basic, 2wd heavyweight robot with no electric weapon going for about five minutes. Anything on top of that that is electrically powered will add to the drain, as will more wheels and other strange things.

A guide (accuracy not guaranteed, knocked up in five minutes from basic knowledge)

6-7ah (2 NiCad/NiMh packs) - will power a heavyweight with two standard (i.e. not starter or other strange devices) electric motors on two wheels and no other electrically powered components
    9-12ah (3 NiCad/NiMh packs) - will power a heavyweight with two electric motors on four wheels, or a heavyweight with two electric motors on two wheels and an electrically powered weapon (except some spinners with large heavy discs)
    12-16ah (4 NiCad/NiMh packs) - will power most heavyweights, up to four electric motors on four wheels or two motors on six or more wheels, and a large electrically powered weapon with one motor or hydraulic pump.
    20ah (5 NiCad packs) - will power almost all heavyweights, including those with tracks, those with large amounts of wheels and motors, those with two or more motors on a spinning weapon (including Y-drives) or a combination of a hydraulic pump and another high current draw electric weapon.
    24ah (6 NiCad packs) - needed if you're running some combination involving fully rubberised tracks and a large electric weapon or hydraulic pump. Very overkill but will ensure you're never short on power.
    24ah+ - good starting point if you experiment with car starter motors for drive.

It's a bit general (it doesn't cover overvolting motors, although if you run things above their rated voltage you should add another pack to be sure) but it's worked for me so far (it's based on the same standards I use for working out battery power, although I eschew electrically powered spinners so I don't have that problem)

Andy sez: Thanks for the reserved place, Kody, and good to see you back. I'm working on some new otherweights and then I'll post my stats.

*reserves a spot for Matty F*, if thats ok with Kody

*also enters Lethal Weapon, Shovearound 2.5, Novastorm, and Megabyte (http://strickenone.proboards99.com/inde ... kedvapours) for Tony* if that is also ok with Kody

*enters his own bots soon*, assuming, of course, thats okay with Kody

On the fly right now; will give a proper reply later but so far I'm reserving places for Matty and Tony as well.

Register To Comment