Register To Comment
Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 4

Holepunch!

My drumbot will aim for that bulky side or rear of Holepunch, its that simple, but time will tell if it will be simple to pull off too. SHA's attack weapon is wider than Holepunch' so it will have less trouble lining it up and aiming it, but heck, that's all theory. Also, SHA has no big chunks of body panel to crush down... if anything is attacked by Holepunch, please let it be the drum, so that Holepunch will hurt itself before it hurts SHA. Given SHA's tracks, Holepunch will have a hard time truely wedging SHA, SHA's tracks will probably be on the ground at all times, which means that if he threatens to catch me, I will drive away ASAP (hopefully after doing some damage first).

Would be cool if I can topple him over more than once.

Good luck Leo!

Innis against Rolling Pin FTW.
    Attack him, Rolling pin can move quicker, at least in a straight line anyway. XD Keep disk pointed at him, since it doesn't really matter where I hit him since he's all drum, and send him back to the kitchen where he belongs.

Tenth heat final...we're getting closer!

Heat J Final
    Sheer Heart Attack 2 (14) vs. Holepunch 2.0

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots: Asterix Anarchius, Sgt. Bash. Yep.

ACTIVATE!

And off we go! It's the former champion off to the quicker start, surprisingly, and Martijn wants to bury that drum right into the sides of Holepunch, or rear if he can get it! But Holepunch is looking the more careful of the two and is making sure to keep the front pointed at SHA...so nothing is really getting done. SHA drives around, Holepunch turns. And this goes on for a while, unfortunately. The crowd isn't too happy with this! Something had better happen soon, gents! And something eventually does! Holepunch overturns, exposing its side! Something that Sheer Heart Attack won't say no to!

CRASH!

One gratuitous SMACK later and Holepunch finds itself inverted! But not for long, though, as the curvy rear end acts as a rollbar and turns Holepunch back over...with SHA chasing! SMACK! Sheer Heart Attack gets in another hit before Holepunch can even drive away! It's not as big a hit, but Holepunch is again overturned! And SHA shoves it against the wall! Oh no! It doesn't look like Holepunch can roll back onto its wheels from that position! And I think that is it, as the former champion backs off to admire his work! The puncher fires, but that doesn't help Holepunch one bit! And now the countout is coming, what a disappointment...
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

I don't think this is how Team RCC intended to go out, but they've gone! And now...the house robots can have a go - here?! And what is Sheer Heart Attack doing?! It's gone after Sgt. Bash! SMACK! It's FLIPPED Sgt. Bash! And we know Sgt. Bash can't self-right! And the gaul is not happy, but having slammed Holepunch away...the crusher can re-right! And now it's 2-on-1! A smirking Leo decides to help Martijn rid the arena of the DarkZlayer! Well you'll have to be quick boys! Asterix rams across the arena, straight into the drum of Sheer Heart Attack, and literally sends it flying! Carrying through its momentum, it slams the landing ex-champ into the wall, and it bounces away! Holepunch is back, though, and he attacks Asterix from the rear - ooh! A lovely clamp there! It's wedged the house robot! It's beached the house robot! It is carrying the house robot over to the pit...and Sheer Heart Attack is going towards the pit release button! Really now, you menaces! Picking on our poor robots! Down goes Asterix, oh he WILL remember this humiliation!

CEASE!

Holepunch 2.0 couldn't dent the ex-champ's spirits, but he certainly punctured the house robot's pride!
    Sheer Heart Attack 2 (14) advances to the Series Semi-Finals!!!

----

Next time on C&B4
    We edge ever closer to the Semis as former runner-up Raging Tempest takes on Symmetry to defend his 12th seeding!
    Shovearound 2.5 is looking to prove he's no pushover against the ears of hell, Gabriel V!
    And the first of our Round 2 otherweight fights begins, as MicroForce 3.0 and Bobcat look to take center stage!

Good fight Kody

Gabriel V vs. Shovearound 2.5: I shall be leaving the skirts on Gabriel off since, if Shovearound does get under me, I want to be able to drive straight over the top and back down again, and the skirts would impede that. Also it would probably get underneath anyway :P

I am fairly certain that if I charge head on at Shovearound, deviating slightly from the vertical and scraping the nose on the floor, the front steel point will go between the forks on Shovearound and bend them out of the way, allowing me to cruise straight in underneath (or possibly leaving me with a helpless three tonne robot stuck to my nose). From there I shall try and flip it into either a damaging house robot, or into the pit, or out of the arena. If I do manage to bend those awfully thin looking forks it will probably lose a lot of its front lowness, so the chances of it getting under are small.

Bobcat vs. MicroForce 3.0: I am really glad this isn't TransparANT as I would be out of the arena really quickly if it was, heh :P I shall use the superior speed from the gearmotors to get around the side, get under MicroForce enough for the crusher to go down and hold it there, and then just drag it around to the edge and get it over. Should be (note 'should', this is an indication that it could all go wrong kiddies :P) fast, quick, andefficient.

Best of luck Andi and Tony

Heat K
    Fight 1
    Raging Tempest (12) vs. Symmetry

From Gainsborough, seeded number 12...Raging Tempest!
    Meant to bounce away from the competition rather than stay near, is your basic cylinder with a 4mm Hardox ring, invertible, and UNbasic two LEM130 motors powering that ring...able to generate 70kJ even while bouncing away! It's not got the best drivetrain though, nor good pushing ability...or top armour, for that matter.

C&B1: (as Tempest Evil-er-oution) Fell to Die-Ceratops Re-Invertus in its Heat Final.
    C&B2: (as Tempest Evil-er-oution, seeded 14th) Made it all the way to the Grand Final, but was denied a title by Sheer Heart Attack, losing a close judges decision.
    C&B3: (as Tempest Evil-est-oution, seeded 2nd) Gave out more than it could, but Envy took all that and more, and the battered realie managed to pit the beast just before the clock ran out in its Heat Final.

From Hoogvliet, Holland...Symmetry!
    A large robot, nearly twice as big as its opponent, with 2 counter-rotating discs powered by Perm 080 motors, the armourment is Hardox, the drive is Bosch 750, the drivetrain is 2WD...but 4WD in actuality like Crushtacean. It won't last long with only 4 blocks of Li-Ion batteries though.

C&B1: Didn't compete.
    C&B2: Didn't compete.
    C&B3: Didn't compete.

Roboteers, stand by...

And for house robots we have Renegade making his way in, and the unlovely Matilda. Horns up and knives out! What knives, you say? OURS!

ACTIVATE!

The super spinners head straight for each other! Tempest isn't near full speed yet, though, while Symmetry is! They crash, predictably...

CRASH!

And the collision isn't that impressive, but it does send Tempest flying backwards, with no real damage done. Also remaining unsuffered is Symmetry, who is back on the aggressive. Tempest is spinning up again, and this time he's building up steam! Symmetry IS at full speed now though, and gets to Tempest immediately!

CRASH!!

There's a bigger collision and Tempest ricochets into the wall beyond, while Symmetry is spun around into a 900! Yes, I counted all that. Again there's no signs of damage between the two, and Symmetry turns around to attack again! But this Tempest is running away to spin up better! Symmetry chases him down, but Tempest is quite near maximum spinning capacity! And he achieves it just as Symmetry smacks into him a third time!

CRASH!!!

Tempest pinballs away like a hockey puck off the boards, while Symmetry just spins in place from the hit! There's very little evidence of damage on Tempest's ring...but I'm not too sure whether it's doing any damage to Symmetry either! Or at least to its bottom disc, which keeps hitting Tempest. And now it's back on the attack, some courage, this. Tempest is away, spinning up, almost caught, turning away, Symmetry closing in...too late!

CRASH!!!

Tempest rebounds directly off the wall and back into Symmetry, stopping Leo's creation from spinning around too much, and...well Tempest doesn't have the best pushing power but look at this! It's trying to push Symmetry backwards! Well the motor advantage Tempest has, but it has...very little traction on the arena floor which helps it when trying to get away, but not in a pushing match! Symmetry on the other hand is able to get all its drivetrain to the arena floor and that's enough to push Tempest backwards! Frank realizes this and tries moving backwards, but Symmetry's after it - ooh...nearly a nick from the arena spike there, be careful to avoid that, gents. They're spinning again, and ah! Tempest's away! Towards the middle of the arena! It's spun up! But look at the determination of Symmetry, it is aggressive as all hell here and not afraid of the spinning ring at all! Well I know I would be, and here now comes an equally aggressive Tempest!

CRASH!!!

OH! Goodness me, even I could feel that one! Tempest goes pinballing again and Symmetry is moving around...hang on...what's happened to the bottom disc?! Has it lost all power?! Has something...discombumbulated it? All the biffing and bashing from the ring of Tempest, has it disabled it?! There really is no external damage, but - ey! Symmetry is back in Tempest's face again!

CRASH!!

And is spun away, just like its prey! How much more can these two take?! ...Tempest's bounced into a CPZ! With Matilda in it! Oh no!

CRASH!!!

And Matilda's flywheel smacks into Tempest's ring! It's flipped Tempest! It's ripped Tempest! It's got Tempest stopped from spinning up! It's got Tempest about to take a slam from Symmetry! And that attack...didn't do much. Ooh...Matilda's spinning back up! Tempest tries to get away, but Symmetry is...backing into it! It's pinned Tempest! And Matilda comes in again!

CRASH!!!

THAT'S IT!!! IT'S OVER!!! Tempest has jumped the fence!!! Oh dear!! Do you see now the power of Matilda's flywheel? Just a brutal shot directly to the ring of Tempest...and out shoots the C&B2 runner-up! What a terrible shock! But Symmetry has won this battle!

CEASE!

Raging Tempest turned into A Midsummer Night's Breeze! The 12th seed is catapulted out of its 4th war!
    Symmetry advances to Round 2!

----

Next battle: Shovearound 2.5 vs. Gabriel V

Fight 2
    Shovearound 2.5 vs. Gabriel V

From Oswego in the USA...Shovearound 2.5!
    Missed the last Wars, but back for a third shot. Hasn't changed much, with Hardox armour, electric-powered lifting forks, and a very powerful 4WD. Basically a powerful compact, skirted box, but the said skirts don't seem too great inverted though.

C&B1: (as Shovearound 2) Destroyed by Warrior SKF in its Heat Final.
    C&B2: (as Shovearound 2, seeded 16th) Flipped out early by Knightrous Wedge in a Round 1 shocker exit.

From Pontefract...Gabriel V!
    Now HERE'S something different...a triangular pyramid with a front hinged flipper. Has a front nose cone for getting in underneath opponents (with two spikes to serve as thwackers) and two large ears to stop robots driving over it. Also has Hardox armour, C40-300 MagMotors, and removable skirts under the ears, but control may be an issue.

C&B1: Didn't compete.
    C&B2: Didn't compete.

Roboteers, stand by...

House robots? Well Growler's here. And Count Bleck's here too! They're here...to make your life a living hell!

ACTIVATE!

And the robots charge straight at each other, what a surprise. What is surprising is Gabriel V getting under straight away and tossing Shovearound onto its back! Oh dear! Not a good start for a former Heat Finalist! Shovearound is now scurrying away with its more powerful drive and Gabriel is right after it! Shovearound hits the pit release button...how predictable. And Gabriel gets underneath from behind and slams it into the wall! Another flip and Shovearound is smushed against the wall! He falls back down after a little bit but is still inverted! Gabriel won't leave it alone and rams it again, getting underneath those skirts and tossing it against the wall again...Shovearound goes along the wall and into an empty CPZ! Growler zooms out! He...goes up the forks and into the corner? Growler, you funny little dog, you! Now we have Growler stuck on top of Shovearound and Gabriel backing away from the scene, wondering what to do! Shovearound can't exactly move because there's too much pressure on the wheels, not to mention Growler could be directly jamming a wheel with his body. Whatever the case The Watcher comes down and shunts Shovearound. No movement...The Watcher can't really count Shovearound out because this is the house robot's fault, so The Watcher tries to lift Growler. ...no luck, I'm afr - HAHA! The Watcher overbalances and falls on his face!! Oh dear! Hey now, what are you doing, sir?! Gabriel is shunting the ref...pushes him into Growler...um, no that's not going to work, Joey...Count Bleck is starting to come over now...Gabriel gets the message and flies outta there, but Count Bleck comes for him! Maybe it's because you attacked the ref, Joey! Whatever the case, Gabriel now drives around the arena trying to avoid the house robot...

CEASE!

And there it is, we have to pause the match because three robots are stuck...dear oh dear, come on, get off of Shovearound, you fat mongrel! At last, there we are. And The Watcher is re-righted. Thank you, reliable crewbots. Now, then, shall we resume?

ACTIVATE!

Count Bleck returns to his CPZ as Shovearound drives straight at Gabriel...oho! Shovearound actually gets under Gabriel this time! They're going for one of the CPZs! Here comes Growler again! WHAM!!! Ooh, Gabriel's ear! It's nearly caved in! What a massive smash! And now Shovearound tries lifting Gabriel over...not in such a position, my friend! Growler shoo's them out of the CPZ, and Gabriel gets away. Now rather cautious, Gabriel tries going after the sides. He doesn't quite achieve this and Shovearound gets under Gabriel's side! There's the lift, and there's a ram towards one of the discs of death!

CRASH!

Gabriel takes it on the other ear, which is gashed up now! Not to mention he gets spun away from that solid smash! Shovearound is right after him, now seemingly in control, but no! Gabriel turns and gets under the forks again! He pushes Shovearound...onto the arena saws...BZZT! Ooh, Gabriel gets a bit of a nick there, watch out. Gabriel goes for the wall...let's see if he can do it! NO! Shovearound is only flung into the wall, not high enough Joey! Shovearound however falls back onto Gabriel and now Gabriel has more leverage...there it is!! Shovearound is out of the arena! Score one o'er-the-fence for the front-hinged flipper!

CEASE!

You know it's a bad day when the other robot lives up to Shovearound's name, Tony!
    Gabriel V advances to Round 2!

----

Next up
    Antweight Semi-Finals, Fight 1
    MicroForce 3.0 vs. Bobcat

And later
    Heat K Final
    Symmetry vs. Gabriel V

And before I run out of steam, let's kick off Round 2 of the otherweights!

Antweight Semi-Final 1
    MicroForce 3.0 vs. Bobcat

Roboteers, stand by.

Back to the antweight arena for this one, then.

Activate.

Bobcat circles MicroForce who just charges out. Neither come into contact with each other, but MicroForce hits the wall. Bobcat charges as well and...misses. MicroForce turns and shoves Bobcat into the corner and holds him there...for 30 seconds! How rare. Eventually MicroForce has to let go of him and...Bobcat goes after him. Bobcat actually gets to the side this time and tries to clamp MicroForce but Andy drives his antweight away quickly. Bobcat is after it but MicroForce turns...to see Bobcat go right by it! This actually favours Joey since now he can get close enough for a side clamp and does so! The crusher lowers, and...doesn't go very deep, but it's a grip on MicroForce nonetheless! MicroForce doesn't have any wheels on the ground now and Andy can only watch as Bobcat makes its way to the arena drop-out area/pit (slowly, though, Bobcat has to manoeuvre to get himself perpendicular to the edge of the pit) and drops...or tries to drop MicroForce in, but can't? The crusher won't raise? What's going on? Knowing nothing better to do, Bobcat just drives in, MicroForce shunted ahead first.

Cease!

MicroForce 3.0 becomes MediocreForce! The itty-bitty rambot is 'force'd out of the running!
    Bobcat advances to the Antweight Final!

----

Next battle: Symmetry vs. Gabriel V

A pair of most q00ty fights there (...yes...q00ty, it's one step up from w00ty and not a typo at all, hehe :P) and I don't just say that because I won either.

Tactics here...I shall leave the skirts off since they're not much use anyway against spinners, and try to manipulate Leo's machine into the house robots and/or the pit. I'll avoid the weapon where possible since both discs look quite dangerous, although I think the angled shape of Gabriel will reduce their impact a bit.
    I should be able to outlast it if it comes down to attrition.

Best of luck Leo

Gabriel to go through via a pitting or a JD methinks. Should be a close one though :|

Great fights Kody

Ta, guys. Let's keep Fanfic busy, shall we?

Heat K Final
    Symmetry vs. Gabriel V

Roboteers, stand by...

In the arena...for the house robots, we have...Dead Metal, with the pincers and the saw...and alongside him...Cassius Chrome...one-two, one-two, one-two...punch, that is.

ACTIVATE!

Gabriel is away...towards the pit release! Symmetry stays where it is, simply waiting for Gabriel to make its move. Apparently surprised Leo didn't follow him, Joey directs his machine now to attack Symmetry, and he...changes tactics again? He hides behind the arena saws. Symmetry...doesn't move? Um...The Watcher is indeed curious, he nudges Symmetry to make sure it's worki -

CRASH!

And THAT is what you get for your curiosity, ref! A nick on the front wedge! It's turned Symmetry aside slightly but hasn't stopped the bottom disc entirely, and it's back at full speed now. Gabriel hasn't tried to take advantage of this, it looks rather pensive...okay, Symmetry is actually moving now. Backwards? What are you trying to do...lure him in? Come into my parlour said the spider to the fly, after all...I don't exactly think this is the greatest fight we've seen yet, but we're only half a minute in. Gabriel suddenly rushes out behind the saws! Symmetry is on the move...oh for Pete's sake! Gabriel has put itself behind another pair of arena saws. Symmetry backs away, they're being very careful about this, this is a very tactical match...although you'd think Gabriel can withstand some shots from those discs with its Hardox shell...Gabriel is in pursuit now...oh hey! Symmetry is close now! Can Gabriel get away in time?

CRASH!!!

I think not! A nice hit on one of the spikes on the nose cone, but...really, no damage! And NOW Gabriel moves in, now he wedges Symmetry, and NOW the house robots can feast! Gabriel dumps Symmetry into Dead Metal's waiting grip, the sparks fly...oh dear. Cassius...hehehe...Chrome, oh dear. Do those fists do anything but move its prey backwards? I'm not too sure...what we are sure about however is that Gabriel is in control of this match...or is he? Dead Metal may have a grip on Symmetry but it's only from behind and the discs are spinning at full tilt! And...Cassius Chrome isn't afraid! Would you be?

CRASH!

I would! I really would! Look at the damage to Cassius Chrome! It's nearly sheared the scoop off! Look at that, a beautiful hit directly on the edge of the scoop...it's only as strong as what supports it, as we all know! And Cassius Chrome knows he is in deep trouble! Here's Gabriel underneath the house robot! He's turned turtle! Ganging up the house robots again, we will remember this! And Dead Metal will certainly remember this, he's let go of Symmetry, he's after Gabriel V! I don't think Joey is daunted by the silver scorpion, though! HEY! What's this!? Symmetry attacking Dead Metal from the rear? Not the best hit but quite a provocation! Symmetry is pushing into Dead Metal who's tried to turn around and retaliate...and here's quite an attack from Gabriel V! Right underneath the side of Dead Metal, it's balanced on there by Symmetry on the other end, up goes the flipper! Dead Metal is flipped! And the house robots, again, have been totally humiliated...Dead Metal closes and retracts his pincers pathetically...oh, and hey! Gabriel is right back into the actual fight! It's wedged Symmetry, and it's brought it to the arena wall! One flip later and Symmetry is on its rear end! No 'over the fence' for you, Leo! But that may not matter because I don't see any way Symmetry can get out of this! And...hehehe...this was great fun, oh, it still is. Gabriel is pushing Cassius Chrome across the arena...towards the pit. The Watcher just...ignores this sight...hehehe...over he goes to count out Symmetry! Gabriel's won!
    1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10!

CEASE!

Symmetry's plans for total arena domination turn aysmmetrical! Houden aangepast voor de volgende keer, Leo!
    Gabriel V advances to the Series Semi-Finals!!

----

Next time on C&B4
    Seasoned veterans Wedge Devolution (10) and The Deer fight it out to show the newbies how it's really done in the warzone!
    Monsoon Season prepares itself for a downpour as the Next Stop is Jupiter!
    And our featherweights scrap in Round 2; can Innis cook up a mirage enough to fool ye olde Rolling Pin FTW?

Register To Comment