Register To Comment
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A123 CELLS

I would recomend at least three packs for a heavyweight. 4.4Ah is pushing it.
    Note that to balance a 10 cell pack with the Xtrema charger, you need the charger, two balancers and the Balancer Interface Module.
    The FMA Cellpro 10S does it all in one box:
    http://www.aurorra.co.uk/aurv2/productDetails.php?id=11
    Personally I still prefer the MegaPower Infinity 960SR, because it graphically shows you the balance - you can see how bad the balance is and you can turn down the current if they are badly out, to give the balancer time to work. Seems to be tricky to get in this country though.

Can someone tell me if these cells semm good? and the price? i'm looking at using some in my featherweight but seeing as this topic is still on ging might aswell post here

cheers alex

We recently got one of those FMA chargers off ebay for the standard 10C lithiums and they are easy to use (once you have set it up with your PC). Not used them with A123s but never finished a charge with more than 1mV out of balance yet.

It has been discussed at the last two FRA meetings, they are allowed in heavies although the rules on the website haven't been updated yet, hopfully by the end of the week they will be. You are still limited by the maximum running voltage as you are with any type of batteries.

Just seen this on the Aussie forum:
    http://www.gizmag.com/obama-battery-veh ... ent/12457/

It mentions that A123 will be one of several companies specifically set to benefit from the move, so while it might not have any immediate effect, it will be interesting to see if or how A123 lithium cells will develop, especially in regard to using them in our robots.

Cheap high-performance cells are what they are just now, so if they remain cheap yet boast a higher-still performance then woop woop

Register To Comment