Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: AJWars: Era Ache

Honest Joeys Good Thyme Tactix n Predictions Shoppe

Mornington Crescent vs. Monsoon Season vs. Whiplash

Krackotoa vs. Achilles vs. Orka RV

Flank Attack 2: DT vs. Nitro-Gene 5.0 vs. Lethal Weapon

The May Tracks Has You vs. No Consequences vs. Back to Rock III
    ...right?

From the start of the fight I shall try to find a safe place from where I can spin up, and then once doing so slam myself indiscriminately into either of my opponents until something happens.
    If that fails and I get trapped in close quarters when spinning, go for May Tracks or Back To Rock (in that order) and lift them up, trying to get them towards the pit or out of the arena. 150cm of lifting arm should be enough to clear the 1 metre high walls...right?

Best of luck to you guys Marti and Frank, may the fights be long and w00ty.

AJWARS: ERA ACHE
    ELIMINATORS
    Monsoon Season VS MORNINGTON CRESCENT VS Whiplash

Ouch, tough draw here.

Ill attack Whiplash first, as Monsoons stats give me the heebie-jeebies. Avoid the axe, aim for the sides and see if I can rip off those skirts to rack up some Damage points. I doubt Ill be able to do much to the Hardox armour, but the two rings combined should give it a good shock. Keep attacking the sides until it dies. If I feel particularly brave/stupid, try and rip off the axe.

As for Monsoon, theres not much I can do except try to outmanouever it and batter the sides. If Im lucky, Ill be able to scrape through on a judges decision or knock something loose.

As for the other battles, Ill pick Achilles, Nitro-Gene and The May Tracks Has You to fight another day. Looking forward to this one, Andy!

The May Tracks Has You vs. No Consequences vs. Back to Rock III

Back to Rock is gonna rock your streets and ram NC before hes spun up. Lift and pit is the idea for BtR as always, and w00t for potentially damaging The May Tracks tracks (what are they made of?) with my saw while doing so.

swiss_tony
    A: kill stuff
    B: avoid getting killed
    C: avoid contact with the walls
    D: Avoid Infusion

Just one goes through from each melee. Thanks for all the comments!

Mornington Crescent vs. Monsoon Season vs. Whiplash

3€¦
    2€¦
    1€¦

ACTIVATE!

Monsoon Season immediately gets to work, heading for Mornington Crescent. But Whiplash is quick to intervene, slamming hard into the side of the Welsh robot. This distraction has allowed Mornington Crescent to get away and start spinning up those dual rings. Monsoon Season backs away, ignoring Whiplash and again heads towards Mornington Crescent. Despite being slower, Mornington Crescent is controlled nicely to avoid the charge of Monsoon Season. Whiplash clearly wants to make itself known, hurtling into the back of Monsoon Season and swings the mighty Terrorhurtz esque axe down onto the top of Dan€™s robot. Much to Sam€™s surprise, the axe causes little more than a graze to Monsoon Season€™s 30mm HDPE monocoque. Monsoon Season is quick to turn around and slides neatly under the side of Whiplash. The tracked robot starts shoving Whiplash across the arena€¦ but in goes Mornington Crescent!! The double spinning rings collide with Whiplash, flinging it across the arena!

Dan finally gets his opportunity to attack Mornington Crescent and slams the huge Hardox wedge into it, considerably slowing down the rings. But the persistent Whiplash comes back in on the attack, quickly firing it€™s axe onto the top of Monsoon Season again! As Mornington Crescent sneaks away, Whiplash retracts its axe to reveal a small slice on the top of Monsoon Season. Whiplash fires again, grappling Monsoon Season and begins to push it across the arena, across the flame grill and into the corner! The axe fires and causes another cut in the top of Monsoon Season. The Welsh robot manages to manoeuvre itself out of the corner and dashes away, with a trail of flames momentarily chasing behind it€¦ into Mornington Crescent! Steve has stealthily pulled off another attack, this time colliding with Monsoon Season and ripping a huge chunk out of the HDPE! As the two robots bounce away, Whiplash drives into Mornington Crescent and fires the axe. But it has caused little more than a scratch to the paintwork. Monsoon Season recovers from its battering and catches Whiplash side on, immediately firing the flipper and swinging the Canadian robot through the air.

Mornington Crescent makes its casual get-away, but this time is pursued by Monsoon Season while Whiplash self-rights. The spinning rims start whirring once again, but Monsoon Season is just too quick and meets it with the front wedge. A few sparks scatter and Mornington Crescent bumps away. Monsoon Season continues its drive and manages to pin Mornington Crescent against the wall€¦ and Whiplash comes in with the axe! Again! And again! Then Monsoon Season flips Mornington Crescent hard against the arena wall! Whiplash fires the axe once more and this time drives Mornington Crescent into the corner, as Monsoon Season hits the pit release target. The great chasm descends as Whiplash gives Mornington Crescent a couple more swipes with the axe. Monsoon Season rushes on the attack, gliding under Whiplash and throwing it into the wall with the flipper! The vicious attack has allowed Mornington Crescent to get free, and Steve races away to get spun up again.

Whiplash and Monsoon Season seem more intent in finishing each other off, though. As Whiplash springs away from the wall with its axe, Monsoon Season sweeps it up on the wedge and pushes it€¦ right across the edge of the pit! Whiplash hurries away round the other side of the pit€¦ but hits Mornington Crescent head on! A skirt is ripped clean off the side of Whiplash, who is sent spinning dangerously close to the edge of the pit again! Monsoon Season doesn€™t miss its opportunity and quickly thumps into Whiplash, finally getting it into the pit€¦ but gets smashed by Mornington Crescent for its troubles! The impact causes little damage to Monsoon Season€™s flipper plate, and Steve drives his robot away to spin up again. Not for the first time, Monsoon Season is quick to follow. Mornington Crescent changes direction quickly and brushes past Monsoon Season, leaving it open for attack€¦ and what an attack it is!! Mornington Crescent has left an almighty tear across the back end of Monsoon Season.

But Dan responds quickly, turning right on the spot and grinding the Hardox plate against the slowing spinners of Mornington Crescent€¦ and flips! But Monsoon Season failed to get enough of Mornington Crescent, and it trundles away again, spinning up those rings. Dan continues his chase, keeping the front end nicely in line with Mornington Crescent, who is darting about all other the place. Monsoon Season attempts an attack but Steve steers his robot away with confidence€¦ until both robots go on a head to head charge! Mornington Crescent€™s rings hit Monsoon Season€™s scoop just as Dan operates the flipper, and both robots crash away from each other. Monsoon Season goes into spin, but Mornington Crescent is able to correct itself quickly and launches another attack!! Another chunk of HDPE is ripped away from Monsoon Season€™s side. But the actual robot seems largely unaffected yet again, and swerves into Mornington Crescent, firing the flipper and throwing the Scottish robot upside down.

Mornington Crescent creeps round to Monsoon Season€™s side and dishes out another hit before going on another spin-and-run. Monsoon Season, looking slightly more groggy than usual, gives chase. Mornington Crescent continues to glide around the arena, spinning the rings up towards their maximum 1500rpm. Dan seems to be quite fed up of playing cat and mouse, but carries on reluctantly. Mornington Crescent is revving up ferociously, and Monsoon Season can€™t get anywhere near it€¦ until now!! Mornington Crescent ricochets off the side on Monsoon Season, causing both machines to leave the ground and repel away from each other! Monsoon Season skids across the floor€¦ and does little else€¦ Mornington Crescent approaches again, but Monsoon Season flips! Steve cautiously backs off for a moment, but it seems the drive of Monsoon Season has finally given up. With one last directed attack Monsoon Season is flung stylishly into the pit, right on top of Whiplash.

CEASE!

Mornington Crescent goes through to Round 2!

Hope that wasn€™t too awful for you all€¦ I€™m sure there will be a Mornington Season in there somewhere.

Register To Comment