Register To Comment

Thread: 2 spare NIMH battery packs to lend?

hi,
    im going to Robots live on the saturday and for once the robots all ready apart from the batteries.............

its looking increasingly likley that my 2 only NIMH battery packs are damaged and no longer work properly in the way of i fully charge them with my charger and they hardly last a couple of minutes before they go flat. and then if i charge them the charger says they are charged after no longer than 10 minutes.

and with no time to really buy new ones or the time to scrape together the spare cash im a bit stuck.

im wondering if anyone who is going to Robots Live on the saturday could lend me 2 NIMH battery packs

the battery packs ive got are 12 volt nimh battery packs 4300 mah.

im not going to make a habbit of this and i would be extremly greatful if someone lent me a couple.

thanks for now
    calum

its looking like its only one battery pack thats buggered, i put the other one on charge about an hour ago and so far its still charging and saying its not finished yet.

have you tried cycling them ie disharge to charge see if that helps them

yeah i did that when i first got them and after it all seemed ok

and im fairly certain its just one battery thats gone because the other battery is still charging as we speek

ill have a go at cycling the other battery pack after the other ones charged to see if it helps

(Message edited by calumco on February 03, 2009)

it is probably a case of a single cell going out of the whole pack.

The other option you have is to split the heatshrink that is covering the pack and find the odd one out using a volt meter (it will have a very low reading compared to the others). Take this one out of the pack. You may have to resolder something and the reassemble giving you a total pack with a voltage 1.2V below what you had.

Register To Comment