Register To Comment

Thread: crazy bots series 1

hiya its my 1st fanfic series ill continue with rw v bb after the end of this series

right theres 100 spaces, 50 are seeds, the other 50 are your bots so please enter for a chance to be the 1st crazy bot champion

the seeds
    1: chaos 2
    2:storm 2
    3anic attack
    4:mortis
    5:razer
    6:hypno-disc
    7:firestorm
    8:behemoth
    9:gravity
    10:bigger brother
    11:dominator 2
    12:dantomkia
    13:mute
    14:terrorhurtz
    15:maelstrom (team shocks one)
    16:ripper
    17:kan opener
    18:typhoon 2
    19:splinter
    20:101
    21:ig-88
    22:king buxton powerworks
    23:smidsy
    24:hydra
    25:suicidal tendencies
    26:spawn again
    27:259
    28:tough as nails
    29:lightning
    30:tornado
    31:diotor
    32:cassius 2
    33:iron awe 2.1
    34:sumpthing
    35:mousetrap
    36:evil weevil
    37:spikasaurus
    38:disc o inferno
    39:13 black
    40:wild thing
    41:ming dienasty
    42:vader
    43:m2
    44:raging knightmare
    45:mighty mouse
    46:anarchy
    47:robochicken
    48lunderbird 5
    49:thor
    50ussycat

the rules

1: the cpz has reverted back to ppz
    2:each battle will have 4 house robots of my choice
    3:walls lowered by 8cm
    4:8 robots a heat 1st round are 4 way melees
    5:if the robot is immoblized they will be counted out
    6:when the bot is counted out then the house robots can come in for the kill
    7:when i call cease then i dont call the judges decision (which reminds me) you have to respond, the one most votes out of 25 wins

hope to see your vapour bots auditions

right lets begin with heat A

our contestants
    1: chaos 2
    2:storm 2
    3anic attack
    4:mortis
    5:razer
    6:hypno-disc
    7:firestorm
    8:behemoth

1st will be mortis vs firestorm vs panic attack vs storm 2

3....2.....1... ACTIVATE

storm 2 charges firestorm across the arena and slams it into the wall as mortis hammer axe blows down on panic attack
    storm 2 is flipped by firestorm and panic attack turns morts over but self-rights and slams its axe down again but it gets wedged inside panic attacks top armour, firestorm charges at panic attack and flips it over, taking mortis with it
    storm 2 pushes firestorm into the wall once again and activates the pit release, the house robots charge at firestorm but firestorm reverses into the pit storm 2 smashes panic attack against the wall and turns him over in a position it cannot self right as mortis hammers its underbelly and pushes it down the pit

CEASE mortis and storm 2 proceed
    2nd battle is chaos 2 vs hypno disc vs razer vs behemoth

3......2.......1.... ACTIVATE

chaos 2 hurls hypno disc in to the air and lands with a crash and behemoth overturns razer and pins it down, hypno disc self rights but OMG chaos 2 hurls hypno disc out in spectacular fashion razer self rights and behemoth tips chaos 2 over on its side and pushed towards mr pshyco who lifts chaos 2 over the pit and drops it as razer activates the pit
    OMG chaos out in the 1ST round, now razer crumples matlida as behemoth flips shunt,
    CEASE

round 2

mortis vs razer

3....2....1.... ACTIVATE

mortis charges forward at razer and hammers at the side reapeatedly and flips razer over on its side and parades it over to the flame pit, razer self rights and crushes into the top oof mortis but mortis retaliates with numerous of axe blows and smashes a wing of the side of razer, razer picks up mortis and parades it around and then into the house robot dead metal and the sparks fly off, now mortis slams down again and drops and puts its axe into razer again and pushes it against the arena wall hard so hard in fact that it has broke the axe clean off but still lifts razer against the arena wall and almost out of the arena but shunt comes in and slams the top of razer then the top of mortis then all of a sudden razer and mortis are both immoblized, shunts axe disabled both their safety links now dead metal pushes razer down the pit

CEASE what a shock mortis beat razer by a whisker

behemoth vs storm2

3......2.....1...ACTIVATE

storm 2 charges at behemoth and slams it against the wall, and again, but behemoth has stopped moving, and storm 2 thrusts behemoth again, behemoth bouces off the wall and back to life, now turning to flip storm and succeeds and now behemoth flips storm 2 against the arena wall, and now the house robots killalot and mr pshyco close in for the kill, killalot pick it up and mr pshyco hammers down and drops it back on the arena wall, now behemoth comes in and flips storm out of the arena

CEASE

heat a final

3......2....1.. ACTIVATE

mortis comes out of the traps quickly and hammers the top of behemoth but behemoth lift mortis up and over but the lifting arm of mortis has jammed shut, they cant self right and now pushed into the cpz where it takes damage from shunt and is now counted out by the refbot, behemoth now places mortis on the flipper killalot hits the pit release mortis is flipped through the air and into the pit

CEASE behemoth is the 1st into the semi finals

hang on hang on hang on hang on

there are some things wrong with this, not a huuuuuuuuuuuuge problem since this is your first attempt, but Id still like to point them out

1. Did you really need to make 6 seperate posts in a row for all of this?

2. To have the #1 to #8 seed in 1 Heat is... rare, to say the least. And then I suppose the next heat has the #9 to #16 seed? This way having a high seeding is a DISadvantage, 7 of the 8 best robots automatically lose in Heat 1? And after we worked our way through 50 real robots we reach 50 vapourbots huh? Why dont mix all the bots in the tournament in fairer heats, with the top 8 seeds divided over 8 heats or something like that.

3. Clear up what the tournament is gonna be like in your opening post, all we know at this point (through several posts) is that you want 50 real bots you chose and 50 of our bots... do you expect 50 people to enter 1 bot each? Perhaps 1 person could enter 50 bots? And then you have 100 bots, and, so we learned, 8 bots per heat. After 12 Heats you will have had 12*8=96 robots, and 4 robots left. Have you got a solution to this problem? Ideally you will want a number that can be divided by 8, with heats of this size.
    I also see you talk about our vapours' auditions, but I never read anything about these auditions, just that you want 50 of our robots.
    7:when i call cease then i dont call the judges decision (which reminds me) you have to respond, the one most votes out of 25 wins
    Can you explain that? If you call cease, and there is no judges' decision, we get to vote? I have seen several ceases on this page already that were not followed by a judges decission, so do I have to vote for each one of them?

My tips are the following; Use your opening post to carefully explain exactly what the tournament is gonna look like, and what you expect from us, the participants, the vapourboteers. Give the people the chance to indeed do what you expect from us, wait untill your tournament is filled up, until every available spot is taken, and then make a draw with these robots, most likely splitting up the high seeds. Also give people the oppurtunity to comment on your tournament structure, you're a beginner and people can have handy tips.

Yet another tip is to head to the how can I improve? topic at the top of the fanfic section, and post a fight there, between 2 real robots perhaps, and ask people how you can improve your fights, with enough support I know you can pull it off, your rw v bb fanfic shows to me you're a creative writer who with some advice can become quite good.

ok sorry it ended up like that

ill mix em up for the next heat, its because no one has entered yet and i wanted a smashing 1st heat and you can enter more than 1

the voting is decide by you cos i thought it would be unfair if i made a decision that you dont agree with

and as for the multiple posts im extremely sorry about cos it kept logging me out

im extremely sorry it was not what i planned when it came to multiple posts

ok sorry it ended up like that

ill mix em up for the next heat, its because no one has entered yet
    Do you live in America? Nobody entered because everybody was asleep, plus because the conditions on which we had to enter, or WHAT we had to enter, were unclear. Things dont go in an incredible pace here, have patience. And tidy the tournament up a bit, perhaps even restart it after you used the How Can I Improve? topic, Id actually advice that, I think you'd be better off starting with a clean sheet.

and i wanted a smashing 1st heat and you can enter more than 1
    So I can enter 50? By coincedence I just read in How Could I Improve? that you now want 46 more robots, not 50, probably after my earlier post. Information like this though should be in the tournament topic, not in another topic where someone may or may not read it by pure coincedence (and how would entering 46 bots give me 100% chance of winning? there are also 50 realies out there that arent mine that could win right?).

the voting is decide by you cos i thought it would be unfair if i made a decision that you dont agree with
    I disagree with that, the Robot Wars judges made plenty of decisions that we disagreed with, but their decision is final. If YOU were to be the judge in YOUR own tournament, we may not always agree, but that doesnt make it unfair. Your vote would be final, and we have to put up with it. Democracy is nice but you can drag it too far. That being said, having a public voting instead of an ordinary Judges' Decission has been done before here, and Im fine with it, but not for the reasons you are giving.
    HOWEVER, my initial question about this was about the fact you said7:when i call cease then i dont call the judges decision (which reminds me) you have to respond, the one most votes out of 25 wins
    the wording of that wasnt clear to me. As soon as you call cease, we get to vote? I take it you mean; as soon as you call cease WHILE THE BATTLE IS UNDECIDED, we get to vote? Not everytime you call cease, right?

and as for the multiple posts im extremely sorry about cos it kept logging me out
    fair enough, you can click a box keep me signed in or something like that when you sign in, try that

im extremely sorry it was not what i planned when it came to multiple posts
    ok, if I were you Id make good use of the How Could I Improve topic, both for the quality of your battles and of the setup of your tournament in general, and consider restarting it, or continueing it here, leaving Heat 1 for what it is, keeping Behemoth as a semi-finalist and doing the rest of the tournament in a more clear structure. If you manage to give this tournament a clearer setup Id be more than happy to enter...

...and I still dont know what you meant with auditions?

1: ive reduced it to 96 now, cos youve made me realise now i could have a losers melee
    2:i live in england
    3:as for the log out thing, ill try that
    4: i would think it would be unfair if you entered 46 (i see your point in not being unfair cos theres 50 bots of my choice and 46 of yours now) cos altought i wont happent now that behemoth is through, but say you entered your 46 bots, what if all of yours made it to the semi finals? (well that wont happen this series see above) then theres no way you can lose
    5: as for the planning, next series (if it does come around cos of rw vs bb needs more chapters) i will take your info into consideration and plan, as the old saying is think before doing, sometimes i do first and think afterwards

thanks for your help

Register To Comment