Register To Comment
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: PTT - Regeneration

Naaargh...I put in good tactics and get beaten by a bot other than MBX...with no tactics. What's the world coming to?!

Oh well, I'm still in the final though, I'll give tactics to that after the play-off.

Ah, if only I could get the real MBX to perform that well

OK, just to let you know I'll be spending the next week down in Wales for another lovely tour of the railways with my mates. I'll be back a week on Friday, so hopefully you'll get the Play-Off around the end of the month.

Frank:

...why not? :wink: I'll go for the left one, you go for the right one, and the actual fighting starts once they're thoroughly decommisssioned?

Guess who's back!

Ta muchly for the tactics, Frank. With luck I'll have this tournament wrapped up within the week or so.

Me again!

It won't be long now until we crown our PTTR champion, but first, there's the little matter of third place...

GRAND FINAL
    PLAY-OFF
    NIDHOGG EVO Vs THE CRASHING BORE 2

House Robots - Mr Hyde & Scream

Roboteers, stand by...
    ACTIVATE!

And our Play-Off is off to an unusual start; instead of driving towards each other, both Nidhogg and the Crashing Bore are driving towards the CPZs! I smell a Rebellion brewing! Nidhogg aims for Scream in the southwest corner, while the Bore charges Mr Hyde in the northeast corner, opening the Void along the way! The House Robots eagerly await the two competitors' attacks - it's been a long time since Team Coldheart have been challenged like this! Nidhogg lands the first blow, crashing into Scream and scraping under his sides, narrowly missing an attack by the shrieking flipper! The House Robot attempts to shake Nidhogg away, but the Heat A winner continues to plow underneath! Joey activates the lifting plate and slowly picks Scream's left wheel up off the ground! The crushing arm too lurches into life, pushing down on Scream's lid like a falcon's beak! Scream is doing everything he can to fight back, even firing his mighty flipper with a trademark shriek, but Nidhogg's grip is too strong! Joey grins as he drags Scream out of the CPZ towards the middle of the arena! The House Robot can't help but feel a little embarrassed as Nidhogg parades him around for all to see! The Grim Beeper glides over, attempting to separate the two machines, but Joey isn't about to let the fun end yet! He sharply turns Nidhogg around - swinging Scream into the Grim Beeper's side like a sledgehammer! The robotic reaper, enraged at Nidhogg's insolence, nonetheless decides to back off for another minute or two!
    Meanwhile Mr Hyde and the Crashing Bore have been going at each other hammer and tong! Opening with a head-on collision the Bore lands a sharp blow on the hefty House Robot's forehead! There's no real damage, save for a new addition for his scar collection, but it's enough to set Mr Hyde off! The mechanical monster gives the Bore a fearful WHACK! with his hammer, the PTT veteran only narrowly avoiding being clamped by his pneumatic arms! The battle of the bludgeonators thus begins, as Mr Hyde and the Bore rain blow after blow down on each other! Frank attempts to steer the Bore around to Mr Hyde's sides, but the House Robot is too nimble for the veteran! Hammer and guillotine fly back and forth, and the damage is already beginning to show on both bots! The Bore's Hardox monocoque is starting to look scuffed and dented, while Mr Hyde is starting to look like he's taken a cheese-grater to the face! On and on this violent tussle goes until the Bore manages to sneak under Mr Hyde's left arm! The PTT veteran slides underneath and pins the House Robot against the northern wall, his oversized hammer swinging away at thin air! Frank snaps the 'trap and begins to drag Mr Hyde out into the open arena! He doesn't get far, however, when Mr Hyde gives a sharp tug, breaking free of the Bore's grip! The sledgehammer comes crashing down, just before the guillotine is fired once again, and...don't tell me we've another pair of locked axes! I don't know what it is with that 'trap of yours, Frank, m'boy, I really don't! The Grim Beeper swoops onto the scene, shortly after taking a House Robot to the ribs, and attempts to separate the muddled weapons! One swift shunt does the trick, breaking the Bore free of Mr Hyde's hammer - and immediately both bots get back to thumping each other senseless!
    The Grim Beeper stands in the middle of the warzone, doing his best to keep track of the madness going on around him! Mr Hyde and the Bore are walloping the living daylights out of each other, while Nidhogg is parading a twitching Scream around as though showing off a new pet! Scream is no puppy, however, and is violently resisting Nidhogg's attempts to drag it across the arena! Joey manages to maintain control and gradually pulls the struggling House Robot over towards the Void! Scream is now frantic, flailing and flipping to try and escape the humiliation of a pitting by a PTT rookie! It seems to be working too, as Nidhogg's grip is beginning to weaken! With one sharp tug Scream is freed and immediately pays the newcomer out with an attack by his rear spinning disc! The sparks fly as a nasty scar is carved in Nidhogg's scales! Scream attempts to scrape underneath the newcomer, but Nidhogg is a nimble dragon and ends up back under Scream instead! The House Robot once again finds himself at the mercy of Nidhogg's claw, the Void now only feet away! Joey is lining himself up for the final charge when Scream decides to go out fighting! As Nidhogg reaches the edge of the pit, Scream jerks to the side and fires his flipper! The horrific House Robot tumbles into the Void...and drags a surprised Nidhogg down with it before it can let go! Joey is both in shock and hysterics as the Grim Beeper hurridly moves to break up Mr Hyde and the Bore, neither robot looking a pretty sight! The oldest competing vapourbot is battered and bruised, but it's Frank who's leaving with the bronze this time around!

CEASE!

Nidhogg Evo has finally been slain, but never mind, Joey - a House Robot looks just as good as a bronze medal on the mantlepiece!
    THE CRASHING BORE 2 WINS THIRD PLACE!

Congratulations to Mr Frank Goacher!

-------------------------------------------------

NEXT TIME:
    THE P.T.T. REGENERATION GRAND FINAL
    ACHILLES (1) VS INTRIGUOUS

Thoughts? Tactics? Bandages for my poor old House Bots?

Thank you!

Register To Comment