Register To Comment
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 FRA Heavy Weight UK Championship.

2009 Roaming Robots FRA Heavy Weight UK Championship.

Following the FRA meeting held on Saturday it has been agreed that Roaming Robots will once again, host the FRA UK Heavyweight Championships.

However, this year it will be run different to any other year. You all should know by now that Roaming Robots isn€™t afraid to step outside the box and try something new, and this is what I€™ve decided to do !! Welcome to the Roaming Robots League !!

The championships this year instead of being run over 1 event will be spread throughout the year.
    I have 7 events provisionally booked which gives a total of 18 shows throughout the year which are going to become qualifying rounds. Leading to a 2 day Final event with the top 12 from the league, where we will find out our champion for 2009.

There will be a league running throughout the year where robots will gain points.

3 points for a win
    2 points for a second place ( assuming more than one robot in the arena )
    1 point for entering the arena

Robots will only fight each other twice within the league system , this is to stop robots fighting the same robots over and over again and rattling up easy points.

Throughout the 7 events, we will be taking all robots automatically into the competition draw, and if you wish to pass then you will be awarded a loss, and the other robot the win.

We will run a competition throughout each event, and winners will go through to an event final.
    It is envisaged that robots will complete more than one league fight per event, on average 2 per event, and may go on to fight more for an event competition which don€™t count towards the league.

The Provisional Qualifying round are:

14/15 Feb - Barnsley
    21/22 Mar - Swindon
    11 Apr - Cardiff
    2/3 May - Brentwood ( Robot Rumble )
    14 Jun - Guildford
    3/4 Oct - Portsmouth
    15 Nov - Maidstone

Leaving RIAT this year as a play event.

We will only take your top 8 fight results as qualifiers, and you will drop your lower scores to stop more regular attendees having an unfair advantage.

At the end of the 7th event in November ( Portsmouth ), we will then take the top 12 robots which have qualified through to the finals which will take place at Wigan on 28 / 29th November. Much the same as our normal Winter Tour Finals.

I am putting up a prize fund of £2000, which will be shared throughout the 12 qualifiers. The idea, that if you€™ve shown commitment to have qualified you should be rewarded, so even 12th place will be guaranteed to walk away with something !!

It will be split like the following€¦.

1st - £1000 + Trophy
    2nd - £350
    3rd - £150
    4th - £90
    5th - £80
    6th - £70
    7th - £60
    8th - £50
    9th - £45
    10th - £40
    11th - £35
    12th - £30

The idea is to have the competition open to everyone, in the current climate, and the range of events, hopefully the new concept will work, and in future years there is even a possibility of running this kind of thing through all the event organisers if they are still around.

Of course with anything new, there may be issues, but I€™m sure if we€™re flexible enough we can cope with them.

Bring on 2009.

John
    http://www.RoamingRobots.co.ukwww.RoamingRobots.co.uk

Wow John! A championship lasting the whole year!

Bring it on!!!!!
    Liam Bryant
    Team Bud

nice prize money

No winter tour then?

Full combat? - With the exception of spinners of course

Bring on 2009.

Sounds good to me Jonno I might even win some prise money

Who you thinks going to be claiming the first place prize this year?
    If i cram a load of lead weight into maxus i got myself a heavyweight

(Message edited by xtreme on January 19, 2009)

Sounds good to me
    With kan-opener, THZ and Tiberious fighting full form every event sure will be fun!

Roboteer

Looking forward to it.
    Bring it on..
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

With kan-opener, THZ and Tiberious fighting full form every event sure will be fun!

Good job Envy is going all hardox. Sounds good Jonno and a nice prize fund too.

Envy for the champ

Roboteer

Hardox is the way forward.
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010