Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: FRA elections 2009

Roboteer

Please note:
    Any negative campaigning on the forum will be removed by forum moderators
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

A moderator who is running for office should not be the one who moderates such things
    I will be voting for RON (Reopen Nominations)

i think that such a website is a good thing it means all Eds policies or what ever are easy to see etc

i may not have been in the sport when all this trouble started but i will be voting for the person who wants to move foraward but only if i think these things will happen and not be forgotten
    who are the current candidates for President or Chairman?

Thanks Alex

btw those hits stats sound promising for the sport

Roboteer

Alex, the nominations close tonight and candidates will be announced there-after.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

thanks for your reply Kane

ED and i dont have the best history however i beleive the aims and goals are what the sport needs and should already have. He seems like the right sort of person to bring a new life and more active direction to the FRA. Do the other candidates have any action plans so we can be an educated lot before we vote?

The only question i have for ed is could he define what he means by we all get a vote on virtually all the stuff? I will ask him and post his reply on here so its clear for everyone.

At the moment Ed is banned from using the forum as a result of something that happened (I dont know what) in the past.
    Having read his website I would (and have previously said to some degree) agree with his aims in general, the only note of caution I would add is that any changes or new proposals have to be voted in by the commitee so general agreement is needed there too.
    This would , of course, include which items to put out to vote in the community.
    For my part I would like to see combat and construction rule changes put to the roboteers, perhaps with options discussed by the commitee with provision for roboteers to chip in their own ideas.
    Safety is always a big concern so I would like this to be debated and perhaps voted on in the wider community.
    Transpency and openness are things I would push for and make annoncements in plenty of time for debate.

Its great to see so much interest in the future of the sport and the FRA. If any of the candidates wish to have a few minutes at our Whitwick event after the roboteers breifing (probably Sunday morning as we will have more time and roboteers), to stand up and say anything to the attending teams then they are more than welcome.

Hi Alan, as I will be attending Whitwick I am more than happy to hold an informal questions/answers/discussion meeting or speak with whoever is interested, throughout the weekend, Mike.

so to be clear here as a member of the fra in 2008 i will be able to vote for the people i want for the postions of

chairperson
    president

???

does this get done by email? and is it a tick box thing or i write the name of the person

thanks alex

Register To Comment