Register To Comment
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Chevron Championship Series 2 - Medium Medium Speed Ones

Let the wars begin!

Yep, its back...the tournament some people have called the best new fanfic tournament on the FRA for some time while others have called the front half of RW series 2, very badly tack welded onto the back half of RW series 3, with entirely too much detail and huge delays has returned for its second series. Last year, Darkestar overcame challenges, Nitro-Gene, Envy, Exertion, SoR Hex, Ripper, and a large fire in one of its wiring looms to claim the trophy and title of Chevron Championship Winner. This year, Darkestar is back, but will one of 71 other robots be able to wrest the crown from Alexs head?

The format of CC2: MMSO will be pretty much the same as the last series. 72 entrants will be split into 12 heats, with each heat containing 6 robots. They will first be put through the Gauntlet, a three way obstacle course similar to that in series 2, where the robot that covers the least distance or takes the longest amount of time to complete the course is eliminated.
    The remaining five attempt a trial, which changes (between Sumo, Tug Of War, Joust, Grand Prix, Football, and Labyrinth) depending on each heat. The robot that puts in the worst trial performance will be eliminated, and the remaining four machines will battle it out in one on one battles to determine a heat winner.
    The heat winners will then be split into two series semi finals, each following a similar format to the heats with a gauntlet, pinball trial, and one on one battles to determine two grand finalists from each heat. The grand final will determine the final four places by one on one battles, a third place playoff and then a grand final to end all finals, or it will be if my previous battles are anything to go by. :P

Without further ado, I invite you to read...

The Rules

I require 18 vapourboteers or roboteers to enter 4 robots each. At least two of these must be either vapourbots or robots you have actually built, as Id prefer a tournament not full of realies with only three people entering vapours.
    In the likely event that I dont get 18 entrants, I shall call up multiple permutations of Joey McConnells All Star (...you sure Star is the right word here? Ed) IV of select realies to fill the remaining spots.

The weight limits are:
    - Robots propelled by wheels - omnidirectional or otherwise - have a maximum weight of 100kgs
    - Robots propelled by tracks, any sort of shuffling mechanism, or miscellaneous mobility methods get 10kgs extra on top of the wheeled limit, or 110kgs maximum.
    - Robots that move by a true walking mechanism - my decision on this is final - get double the wheeled limit, or 200kgs maximum.

The maximum voltage allowed is a nominal 48v DC, for both realies and vapours.
    The maximum pressures are 1000psi for pneumatic systems and 3000psi for hydraulic systems. Any gas is allowed in pneumatic systems provided its not obscenely dangerous.
    Clusterbots have no limit to the amount of parts and size, as long as they are capable of operating as one unit - which is required for the gauntlet and trials - and if 50% by weight of the cluster is eliminated, the entire robot is considered to be out.
    Everything else is according to the official FRA ruleset.

Stats

I will accept statistics for vapourbots in any reasonable format (including and not limited to; standard statistics sheets, descriptive paragraphs, labelled diagrams, emails, a fleet of carrier pigeons, singing telegram) but they must contain sufficient information about these:

NAME:
    WEIGHT:
    DIMENSIONS: (length, width and height, state units please)
    SHAPE: (or provide picture)
    DRIVE: (what motors/engine/etc, how many wheels/tracks/legs, ideally material of same as well)
    SPEED:
    GROUND CLEARANCE (be realistic please)
    ARMOUR:
    WEAPONRY: (what is it, what is it made of, how does it work, what powers it, and how is that power transmitted?)
    SRIMECH/INVERTABILITY:

I would also like, although its not compulsory, to know:

COLOUR:
    BATTERIES/POWER: (see below note on batteries though)
    TURNING CIRCLE: (please, please, please state only if its not zero, no need to be flippant about it :P)
    ANY EXTRA NOTES/STRENGTHS/WEAKNESSES/ETC.:

Realies obviously dont need any stats stating, Ill let you know if I need more info on them.

I SHALL BE CHECKING ALL VAPOURS ENTERED, TO THE SAME STANDARD AS I CHECK MY OWN TEAM, TO ENSURE THEY ARE SOMEWHAT IN WEIGHT AND REALISTIC.

BATTERIES: After the furore Kody caused when he asked for battery stats in C&B3, I have come up with a solution:

- Robots that have sufficient batteries stated to allow for a five minute battle, and prove to be reasonably inside the weight limit upon checking, will be allowed in the tourney without reservations.

- Robots that have no, vague, or ludicrously inadequate *waves at Matty* battery stats, but if the weight of sufficient batteries does not bring it over the weight limit when checks are performed, will be allowed but the vapourboteer/roboteer will be informed that their stats are lacking.

- Robots that have no, vague, or inadequate battery stats, and when checked dont have enough weight left for sufficient batteries, will not be allowed in the tourney :sad: until the problem is fixed.

Seeds

#1: Darkestar (reigning champion) - Alex Holt
    #2: Ripper - Shane Swan/Jonno
    #3: SoR X/replacement - Andrew Jackson
    #4: Door Stops - Frank Goacher
    #5: Macduff The 4th - Kody Kunz
    #6: Exertion - Andrew Jackson

In addition to those who have seeds, Daniel Stickler, Steve McGregor and Martijn Benschop have reserved places over MSN.

Details of the arena and gauntlet/trials will come once all entries are in, or on request. They will largely be the same as last time though.

I hope this all goes well, with A level revision and other things there are likely to be severe delays but I aim to finish this no matter what.

Thats all, I think, feel free to point out anything Ive missed...so happy new year, and get entering people, theres 10 places left.

(Message edited by joeychevron on December 31, 200

Macduff the 4th (5)
    Super Gore Septua
    Shadow Zone Forever
    Intriguous

Stats for everything except Intriguous, which I will be working on soon, on ZED. If either SZF or Macduff are 60v, tell me, and Ill fix em.

Good luck with this Joey.

Ill enter:

Nitro-Gene 5.0 [http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=tivapours&action=display&thread=17 7
    http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...n=display&thre ad=177]
    Harraz [http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=tivapours&action=display&thread=59 7http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...n=display&thre ad=597]
    Autoism 3.0 [http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=tivapours&action=display&thread=47 5http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...n=display&thre ad=475]
    Blast [http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=tivapours&action=display&thread=57 0http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...n=display&thre ad=570]

I need to give 2 a test-run

And Ill be the second to say good luck with this, looks to be good.

Just realised I forgot something...

OTHERWEIGHTS

Yep, CC2: MMSO will feature otherweights as well. More details will be available closer to the time, but for now suffice to say that itll be a series of melees and one on ones, so no gauntlet and trials, and they are entirely optional; you dont have to enter these. However, if you wish, the categories are:

Antweight (0-150g rollers, 0-225g shufflers/walkers)
    Featherweight (1-13.6kg)
    Lightweight (13.6-27kg)
    Middleweight (27-54kg)
    Super Heavyweight (100-154kg)

You can enter as many or as few of these as you wish, but you may only enter one robot per class. They will be subject to the same rules as the main tournament, except for the antweights which are subject to the official Antweight World Series rules, to be found at http://www.antweight.co.uk/rules.htmhttp://www.antweight.co.uk/rules.htm

So...uh...get entering again? :P

Antweight: Flamberge
    Featherweight: Micro Gore Evo (replacing Micro Gore; stats soon)
    Lightweight: Scarab
    Middleweight: Xianghua II (gonna give her one last go before redesigning her)
    Superheavyweight: Fulcrum (replacing Red Flag, stats soon)

Hope thats okay.

Yay!! I finally get a place in this after narrowly missing out last time! w00t!

ENTRANTS

Monsoon Magnum
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 80cm x 70cm x 35cm
    Shape: Invertible box, front wedge, slanted sides and steep rear wedge.
    Colour: Black with a white trim all around the machine. On the top the words Monsoon Magnum are written in a thick bold font with a picture of a bullet underneath.
    Weight: 100kg
    Drive: 2 x LEM130s running at 36v, powered by a bunch of 36v NiCads.
    Top Speed: Approx 15mph.
    Wheels: 4 x 37cm diameter, 15cm wide Aluminium hubs, with Vulcalon grips added. Each side connected by a heavy duty drive chain.
    Armour: The whole machine is constructed from a 4mm Hardox monocoque shell.
    Weaponry: This incarnation of Monsoon is going back to its roots, a lifting device! The machine has an electric lifting arm powered by 2 x S28-400 Magmotors running at 36v, which in turn are powered by 36v NiCad batteries. The motors are geared down 75:1, meaning they are really torquey and should be able to lift well over 250kg without straining. The arm is made from 5mm Hardox, and runs parallel with the front wedge. On the bottom of the lfiting arm is an extender made from 6mm Titanium/Vanadium alloy, sharpened to slide under robots easily.
    Turning Circle: 0m
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 7mm at sides and back.
    Srimech: Invertible.

Fling
    Dimensions (LxWxH): 100cm x 80cm x 40cm
    Shape: Shallow wedge with angled sides and a shaped rear to stop it getting stranded, as well as keeping the wheels on the ground if going up a wedged robot or a ramp. On the bottom of the wedge is a wedge extender, making the ground clearance 0mm.
    Colour: Half black and half white, with white decoration on the black side and black decoration on the white side. Celtic bands painted throughout the robot.
    Weight: 100kg.
    Drive: 2 Sinclair C5 Motors running at 24v, powered by Nicad Batteries.
    Batteries: 3x 3000mAh Nicads at 24v, giving 9Ah. These power both the drive and the winch needed for the weapon.
    Top Speed: Roughly 15 to 20mph.
    Wheels: 2 x 20cm diameter go-kart wheels filled with expanding foam instead of air. These are positioned at the back of the machine.
    Armour: 4mm Hardox for the wedge extender, 8mm Titanium on the sides and 6mm Titanium everywhere else.
    Weaponry: A €œleaf spring€ flipper mounted on the front of the machine. The concept is similar to Team Whyachi€™s Red Square, but with the flipper on an angle to toss robots lengthways AND upwards. Can you say OOTA? . The flipper plate itself is made from a tempered piece of 1 thick Titanium/Vanadium alloy, designed to spring back to a curved shape once it has been flattened. One section is fastened securely to the top of the wedge, with the tempered edge winched down so it lies flush with the rest of the wedge. When a robot is on the front wedge, the free end is released and the opponent is sent not only upwards, but also away from the machine. The flipping plate is winched down by an S28-150 Magmotor running at 24v, geared down 400:1.
    Turning circle: 0m.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front, 2cm at the back, varying between both on the sides.
    Srimech: Flipper.

Squish Reincarnated
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 80cm x 65cm x 40cm
    Shape: Boxy wedge, with angled sides and side skirts made from 5mm Titanium. The top of the machine comes to a point, thereby making it land on its side if flipped.
    Colour: Black with two enormous Anime-style red eyes on each side of the weapon.
    Drive: 4 x S28-150 MagMotors running at 24v, powered by some 24v NiCad batteries.
    Top Speed: About 12mph.
    Wheels: 4 x 15cm diameter Titanium wheels, coated with Vulcalore for added grip.
    Armour: 7mm Titanium all over, with the front wedge reinforced with a layer of 3.5mm Hardox. Base-plate is 8mm Polycarbonate.
    Weaponry: Embedded in the front wedge is a crushing claw, similar to that of Sir Killalot or Crushtacean. It is made from 2cm thick Titanium and the bottom part of the jaw is designed to be flush with the front wedge. The top part of the jaw is jagged. The jaw is powered by a 80mm x 40mm hydraulic ram, which is then powered by a Vivoil pump running at 24v. The claw runs at 3000psi. The main premise of the weaponry is to lift and crush at the same time.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at front and sides, 7mm on back.
    Srimech: An arm on each side of the robot extends from the main body each time the claw/lifter is activated. Each arm is made from 1cm Polycarbonate.

Maleficent:new:
    Dimensions (L x W x H): 90cm x 50cm x 35cm
    Shape: Invertible box. There are 2 steel spikes on each side to stop it getting beached, and the rear is angled to a point (like this: )
    Colour: The main bodywork is black, but there are green and bright yellow spots painted over it sporadically.
    Drive: 2 x S28-400 Magmotors running at 36v, powered by 36v NiCad batteries.
    Top Speed: The robot has been geared down so it€™s maximum speed is 12mph. Hopefully this will provide it with more torque and a lot more control.
    Wheels: 4 x Titanium/Vanadium alloy hubs, coated in Vulcalon. Super grippy!!
    Armour: The whole machine is armoured in 35mm HDPE, allowing it to be well armoured but also light at the same time.
    Weaponry: At the front of the robot is a 4mm thick Hardox scoop/wedge (kinda like Punjar from Battlebots), with a 3mm Titanium lip at the bottom in order to get underneath machines. Inside the scoop/wedge is a small spinning blade weighing 5kg. It is powered by a LEM130 motor running at 24v and made from a single piece of Titanium/Vanadium alloy. There are 2 teeth on the disc shaped like claws and will hopefully tear at a machines underbelly as well as potentially flipping them. The disc weapon and the scoop/wedge can be taken off individually if necessary, depending on the type of battle Maleficent is taking part in.
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front, 1cm on sides, maximum of 2.5cm at the back.
    Srimech: Invertible.

OTHERWEIGHTS

Antweight: Kobe http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=teambv&action=display&thread=320
    http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 320

Featherweight: Deadly Lampshade http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=teambv&action=display&thread=321http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 321

Lightweight: Will design one!

Middleweight: The Bone Collector http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=teambv&action=display&thread=322http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 322

SuperHeavyweight: Cause and Effect http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=teambv&action=display&thread=328http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 328

Hope all these are ok, Joey. I should get the Lightweight done soon.

i will enter CroOKeD , boxx , pick-axe-of-doom and typhoon

stats to come:

and ill enter valliant and dead meat in the antweight class:

valliant:
    drive- 2 sd200 servos
    batt- 4 aaas wired in seires
    dimensions- 3.5 inchs long, 3 inchs wide and 3.25 inchs high at the highest point (back)
    Weight- 148 gs
    armor- 4mm polycarb at the front and base and 2mm polycarb for the top and back
    shape- box wedge
    speed-0.4 mph
    weapon- pusher

dead meat:
    drive- 4x micro-geared motors
    batt- 2-cell lipo
    speedo- sabertooth 10amps
    shape-box
    weight- 149gs
    armor- 2mm polycarb on the front and base, 0.75 on the top and 1mm on the back and sides
    top speed- 0.8mph
    weapon- pusher

jack

ok stats!

Name:CroOKeD
    Shape:box wedge,dimensions are,1m long,0.75m wide and 0.5m high at the back.
    Chassis:6mm mild steel
    Armor:6mm hardox(f)6mm ti(b+s)
    Weapon:a co2 full pressure flipper at 750psi with 1 110mm ram,and a 2kg bottle,the arm is hinged at the back and made of 8mm mild steel
    Battery:2x 12v slas wired in series
    Motors:2x magmoters at24v
    weight:98kgs
    Wheels:2x go-cart wheels
    Ground clearance:0mm at the front,and 2mm at the sides and the back
    Speed:10mph
    Turning circle:0m

Name:Boxx
    Shape: A box, Dimensions are:1m(L)0.6m(W)and 0.3m(H)
    wheels:4 go-cart wheels
    Drive:2 lem130s
    Batteries:3 sla€™s wired in series
    Chassis:8mm titanium
    Armor:15mm titanium wedge on the front, 6mm titanium on the back,12mm titanium the sides and 8mm titanium on the top
    Weapon usher, with 2 static spikes made out of 5mm mild steel either side of the Wedge.
    Weight:98kgs
    Ground clearance:0mm on the front,2mm at the back + sides
    Top speed:15mph
    Strength: fast , good pushing power, invertable
    Weakness: when flipped over it has a high ground clearance at the front

Name: pick-axe of doom
    Shape: box wedge
    number of wheels: 2 go-cart wheels
    Drive: 2 lem130€™s
    Armor: 9mm polycarb for the front/back, 7mm polycarb on the top and 8mm ti on the sides
    Chassis: 8mm mild steel
    Weapon: 5mm steel tubing(0.6m long) with a 8mm ti axe head(10cm long)powered by a 2kg c02 tank at 750psi with 1 100mm ram
    Dimensions: 0.9m long, 0.75m wide and 0.5m high at the back
    Top speed: 5mph
    Ground clearance: 0mm at the front 2mm at the back and 2mm at the sides
    Batteries: 2 12v sealed-lead-acid wired in series
    Weakness: easy to hit with other axes
    Strength: can self right with the axe

Register To Comment