Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FRFFT: EVO

Robot Name: Werewolf
    Weight: 13.6kg
    Shape: Lox box with interchangeable front pieces
    Length: 40cm
    Width: 45cm
    Height: 12cm
    Motivation: 6 x invertible but internal from the side wheels, the hubs are HDPE and the tyres are polyrethane rubber. They 134mm in diameter
    Drive: 2 x Dewalt Power Drives @ 24v
    Batteries: 2 x 12v 2400mAh NiCads in series for 24v
    Armour: 3.2mm hardox
    Weaponry: The robot is a good pusher and can bash opponents around with top speeds of 22mph, but in the centre there is a Bio-Hazard style lifting arm powered by a 35w Bosch linear actuator that runs for the full length of the robot. At the front of the lifter there is a 1cm titaanium scoop, 5cm wide. Also at the front there are the previously mentioned interchangeable fronts:
    1) An extra 5mm hardox panel just to beef it up and defend from spinners
    2) A wedge angled at 42*, made of 5mm hardox
    3) A wedge angled at 30*, made of 5mm hardox
    4) A pair of Wedge of Doom-style scoops, but rigid and made of 5mm hardox. The robot cant run inverted with these
    Speed: Can reach 22mph when I want to really slam opponents into walls or hazards, but for driving it will mostly be kept to about 15mph
    Turning Circle: 0
    Ground Clearance: 0 at front with setups 1,2 and 3, 7mm at sides and rear and at the front with setup 1
    Srimech: Runs inverted with all setups except no.4, but the lifter can always right the robot
    Colour: Polished, like Trident
    Strengths: Good pusher
    Weaknesses: No damaging weaponry

Robot Name: El Media Diablo
    Weight: 50kg
    Shape: Chaos 2
    Length: 45cm
    Width: 30cm
    Height: 25cm
    Motivation: 2 x front go-kart wheels and 2 x rear casters, all internal
    Power: 2 x S28-150 magmotors at 24v
    Armour: 5mm titanium on top, front, rear and sides, 3mm 7075 aluminium base
    Weaponry:
    1)Rear hinged flipper, powered by 2 x 85mm co2 rams at 500psi each. A 2kg bottle provide the power, giving it about 12-14 flips per fight
    Top Speed: 15mph
    Ground Clearance: 8mm at sides, 4mm at rear and 0 at front due to flipper
    Turning Circle: 0
    Srimech: The flipper
    Colour: Black
    Strengths: Powerful weaponry
    Weaknesses: High ground clearance at sides and rear

lol, w00t

The Hurting vs. Absolution

Just so I dont have to hear anyone telling me itll self-destruct :P, Im gonna keep the shell at 1500rpm. Still takes 1.1 seconds to get there and dishes out over 100kJ per hit, so I should be fine. First go after his flipper and try to rip it out, as its a danger when Im not spinning. Then basically massacre him.

The System of Doctor Tarr & Professor Fether vs. Drive

The beautiful thing about this is that I got teamwork going for me here. Ill use Doctor Tarr to get under Drives sides and clamp it, while Professor Fether does his spinny thing and smashes that 10mm titanium area. If for some reason Fether cant get through that, pit the damn Drive. :P

Good luck in both battles Joey.

Thanks for that Liam. If the featherweight competition returns next time, the weight limit will be 13kg

Welcome to FRFFT: EVO! This is the first spinoff of the popular (I think) FRFFT series! First, we have two featherweights: Deadly Lampshade and Werewolf. For this battle, even though Daniel has not told me what he wants to put in, Werewolf will be using

From England, Werewolf

Entered by Liam Elliot, Werewolf has 6WD and four weapons to choose from. For this battle, it will be using the scoop

From Wales, Deadly Lampshade

Daniel Stickler entered the FRFFT Featherweight Tournament last time, but lost! Deadly Lampshade still has the spinning shell. Daniel wants the title this time!

Roboteers, stand by!

3-2-1: Activate!

Deadly Lampshade spins up to speed, but Werewolf is quicker at 22mph and SLAMS into the shell! Both robots, being so light, are spun away. The shell has stopped spinning, allowing Liam to come in and ram Deadly Lampshade once again. Daniel runs away, but Werewolf is in pursuit. Deadly Lampshade hits the pit release, but its now cornered by Werewolf who charges full speed. It was almost knocked over then, Deadly Lampshade! Into the CPZ, and Werewolfs relentless assault continues! This is almost an exact copy of Typhoon II vs Storm II! Deadly Lampshade gets away and tries to hide behind the Refbot. Werewolf drives up Refbots front, and this has bought Daniel time to react. The shell is up to speed...SMACK! OH! Werewolf goes flying into the wall! The scoop seems a bit loose, but Liam recovers and charges again! Deadly Lampshade has stopped spinning again, and it allows Liam to make his move. Into the angle grinder! The judges are looking on. So far, I think Werewolf is on top. It lets Daniel go, allowing him to plan the next move, which is to spin up and try and get around the back of Werewolf, but Liam reverses...ALMOST into the pit! SMACK! Werewolf spun on the edge of the CPZ. The scoop is hanging limp now! Liam backs into the corner...not good! Daniel zooms in for the kill...but backs away! He has spared Werewolf. But is Werewolf moving, I wonder? The last ten seconds on the clock count down, but I think Werewolf is immobolised? Its too late to count it out, the judges will decide!

Cease!

What a royal rumble that was! The judges are looking over the fight to see if Werewolf was immobolised before the ten seconds to cease began. If so, Liam might go out!

Werewolf: S: 2 C: 1 D: 1 A: 3 Total: 7

Deadly Lampshade: S: 1 C: 2 D: 3 A: 2: 8

Ive heard from the judges Werewolf was NOT immobolised before the ten second count, but Deadly Lampshade is still the winner!

Sorry, Liam. Well done, Daniel!

Next, we have the Superheavyweight Tournament. A clusterbot against a 4WD rammer: Who will win? Find out later!

Register To Comment