Register To Comment
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom Season 2.0

Eliminator 3
    Supreme vs G4briel: Enjoy the Violence (2) vs Cobalt vs Talisman

Representing Team Britespark, Supreme!
    This oddly shaped red robot has two weapons, one is the rear standard horizontal spinning disc, but the primary weapon is very original. On the top of the robot is a heavy hammer, but the key is that it is powered by the kinetic energy generated by the spinning disc to give it a huge amount of power! However without the disc spinning this robot is a lot less effective.

Representing Team Chevron; seeded 2, G4briel: Enjoy the Violence!
    Last time around this robot€™s predecessor Gabriel III reached the grand final, throwing out good robots like Do or Die and Leprosy Infection to reach the last battle, where it lost to Sheer Heart Attack 2. This edition features a far more powerful flipper that now runs at 2400psi and some other sufficient adjustments, but is number four perhaps one evolution too far?

Representing Team Bored, Cobalt!
    An interesting boxy wedge design with a horizontal disc built into the front wedge with the teeth on top to rip robots from below. It runs invertible, but the disc won€™t work upside down and when the right way up may be exposed to hits from powerful overhead weaponry, like the kinetic energy hammer of Supreme.

Representing Team Manglo-Saxons, Talisman!
    The second entry from Team Manglo-Saxons is an odd T-shaped machine with powerful drive motors, armour and a high pressure flipper. It should be able to flip other robots over the fence, but with the flipper not coming anywhere near the power of G4briel there€™s a good chance this one could be outclassed by a similar type of bot.

Roboteers, standby!

Booth 1: Daniel Stickler, Joey McConnell
    Booth 2: Frank Goacher, Ben Read

ACTIVATE!

All four robots move off quickly at the start of the round, with Talisman being the first aggressor of the bout and making a beeline for G4briel, breaching the side of the seeded robot and pushing Joey McConnell€™s machine into the spike strip before firing the flipper and sending G4briel skyward!

The elongated pyramid shaped machine lands smack on the rails, wobbles precariously on the rails for a moment, then falls back into the arena and lands on its top, firing the flipper to perform a stylish somersault in the air, but it lands with its back wheels over the rails and the nose of the robot just touching the floor! However a quick shot from the flipper and G4briel is back down to the ground and on the attack of Talisman, getting under the side of the T-shaped machine and firing its own flipper, this time in an offensive manner and slamming Ben Read€™s second entry into the spike strip, most of the power used in the force that propels Talisman across the arena rather than in how far and high it goes like a rear hinged flipper would.

Meanwhile Cobalt has made a move on Supreme and successfully dodged the hammer to get under the side and push Daniel Stickler into the pit release button before his disc gets into play and throws Supreme off the wedge and into the centre of the arena! However Supreme is undeterred by the onslaught and now launches an assault of its own, ramming at the side of Cobalt and spinning up to speed as it does so, swinging the hammer down onto the disc of Cobalt, stopping it dead in its tracks and denting it!

Supreme itself actually jumped forward from the force of its hit though and is now on top of Cobalt again, but there isn€™t much Frank can do as his disc doesn€™t seem to be rotating after that deadly hit from Supreme! The Team Britespark entry is well and truly beached though, so Cobalt makes the most of it and tries to push the red robot down the pit, but G4briel accidentally interrupts this move as it pushes Talisman across the arena, having gotten under Ben€™s robot again after it recovered from the previous attack and now as Joey fires the flipper Talisman careers through the air and slams into Supreme, knocking it free of Cobalt, who is spun around by the 100kg of Talisman that came from nowhere.

G4briel immediately gets back into the action and again attacks, getting the fine nose point under Cobalt and with the touch of a button Frank€™s machine is turned turtle by the powerful G4briel in a snort of gas as the wedge shaped machine is forced to work inverted. Supreme now attacks Talisman, getting in at the rear and bringing the hammer down on top of the T-shaped machine just as the pneumatic flipper comes up and with a SLAM the two meet in the air!

Unfortunately for Talisman€™s flipper Supreme gets the upper hand and the less damaging weapon is forced back into the down position, and from the force of that hit Talisman starts to vent co2- it seems the pneumatic system has been damaged and the gas supply ruptured! This leaves Talisman without a weapon, but this doesn€™t seem to bother Daniel who ploughs on into the back of Ben and withdraws the hammer before swinging it down again on the top of Talisman, putting another crater in the top armour!

And as Supreme reverses away it is revealed that Talisman can now only work in circles- the blow has knocked loose a connection to the left drive motor and now Talisman has critically impaired mobility!
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
    Talisman is counted down and out of the tournament as well as Team Manglo-Saxons, you€™ve been great competitors but it€™s all over for this season.

CEASE!

Three robots left, we have to go to the judges! The 5points for each key area will be split into 3 instead of 2.
    Damage:
    Supreme ~ 4.5 x 1= 4.5
    G4briel ~ 0.2 x 1= 0.2
    Cobalt ~ 0.3 x 1= 0.3
    Aggression:
    Supreme ~ 3.4 x 0.75 = 2.55
    G4briel ~ 1.1 x 0.75 = 0.825
    Cobalt ~ 0.5 x 0.75 = 0.375
    Dominance:
    Supreme ~ 2.1 x 0.5 = 1.05
    G4briel ~ 2.4 x 0.5 = 1.2
    Cobalt ~ 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25
    Control:
    Supreme ~ 1.1 x 0.25 = 0.275
    G4briel ~ 1.1 x 0.25 = 0.275
    Cobalt ~ 2.8 x 0.25 = 0.7
    Overall:
    Supreme ~ 8.375
    G4briel ~ 2.5
    Cobalt ~ 1.625
    Supreme owns the judge€™s decision with G4briel and Cobalt coughing in its wake, but the seeded machine pulls in enough points to follow it through to the next round!

Next Eliminator:
    The May Tracks Has You vs Neo-Mecha vs Wedga Triton vs Pure Evil: Back to Basics

Its not called G4briel, Lewis...I may have to engage in some percussive discussions with Kody about his obsesscion with putting numbers into names

Nonetheless, it all went to plan and I got through with Supreme, looking good so far. Good work to Frank for staying in there to the end and...I usppose to Ben as well for being there.

oops sorry I got a bit confused

will call it Gabriel IV again next round

Its G4briel damnit.

The May Tracks Has You vs Neo-Mecha vs Wedga Triton vs Pure Evil: Back to Basics

Yeah I basically predicted before but now I can make an educated guess. May Tracks I see going through no matter what, and personally I see Wedga going through with him as well.

Oh, and if you call Wedgin8or Wedginator VIII, Joey, I will have to hurt you. :P

(Message edited by kodster on December 06, 200

Sorry that I just realised Cobalt isnt invertible, but has a srimech. Im very sorry, but I wouldnt have said it would have made an impact on the outcom of the match. Still, if Frank wants a rematch I will do one

...just asking (I personally dont feel a rematch is really in order, if Lewis - who is a good, largely realistic writer - thinks Cobalts srimech wouldnt have changed the outcome then why should we argue?), why exactly do you feel a rematch is needed? Just saying you think so without giving a reason isnt really going to help anyone.

And, uh, enjoy your leave of absence I guess.

Ben why do you want a rematch?

Ben, Lewis didnt make an error with your vapourbot, and besides the Cobalt error the fight wasnt too shabby at all, so why in gods name do you think a rematch is merited?

Its Franks decision anyway, so leave it up to him. :P

Register To Comment