Register To Comment
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom Season 2.0

Hello and welcome to Mechanical Maelstrom Season 2.0.
    I need 16 people to enter two heavyweight robots each, they must be vapours unless you actually own 2 realies, in which case you can enter those.
    The robots must adhere to these rules:
    €ž« No wheeled robot can weigh more than 100kg
    €ž« No robot at all can weigh less than 80.1kg
    €ž« A 10% weight advantage is given to tracks and shufflers
    €ž« A 50% weight advantage is given to true walkers. The definition of a true walker must be that rotary camshafts do not operate any part of the walking mechanism, and each leg must have 2 stages of movement
    €ž« No un-tethered projectiles are allowed
    €ž« Cluster-bots are allowed, but there can be no more than 4 parts. Each cluster must make up an equal part of the overall weight and if 50% or more of the cluster is eliminated the whole bot is out
    €ž« Pneumatic pressures cannot exceed 2400psi, hydraulic pressures 5000psi
    This tournament will take place in the Annihilation Stadium V2, which is a 15 x 15m2 box with stainless steel floor and 50mm hardox walls that reach 55cm high. Inside the box there are fewer hazards than last season, but we still have a few:
    €ž« Just outside of the bottom left corner there is a 2 x 2m2 pit, opened by a release button in the top right corner
    €ž« In the middle of the top and bottom walls there are static spike strips, 5 metres across
    €ž« In the two remaining corners there are sets of killsaws
    You can reserve a spot, but it will only last three days before becoming vacant again.
    The tournament structure will feature 8 qualifiers of 4 robots in the first round. Each heat is a four way melee with two robots going through, but from then on its straight knockout, with 16 robots down to 8, 8 robots down to 4, 4 down to 2 and 2 down to 1. There are four seeds in this tournament, based on their performances last time around:
    04. Leprosy Infection
    03. Spin Dash Unleashed
    02. Gabriel III
    01. Sheer Heart Attack 2
    If I don¡¦t get 16 entries by two weeks today I will fill up the remaining spaces with random realies.
    Get Entering!!!

The follwing people reserved spaces in the previous thread:
    Frank Goacher
    Richard Southworth
    Joey McConnell

Also the seeded robots have reserved spaces.

quote:

If I don¡¦t get 16 entries by two weeks today I will fill up the remaining spaces with random realies.Bit optimistic.

The Zodiac
    Tira V

Stats on ZED. Good luck with this one.

I wish to confirm my reservation for the tournament opened by yourself in which robots shall do things.

My robots that shall do things are:

Gabriel IV (provisional; stats still need a bit of work doing so will be up in next couple of days - rest assured I believe it is the ultimate front hinged flipper ever designed ) - will take Gabriel IIIs seeding if thats okay

Nidhogg Evo - http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=chevhw&action=display&thread=156http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...isplay&thread= 156

Yours in something,
    Joey McConnell
    Team Chevron captain, driver, designer, general person of doing stuff

Save SHA2 a spot!

Ill take a spot, please!

1. Spin Dash Unleashed (formerly Metal Sonic Spin Dash)
    SHAPE- skirted box, with rounded sides and back.
    COLOUR- dark blue bodywork, with red-and-white striped skirting.
    WEIGHT- about 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 100cm X 75cm X 20cm
    SPEED- 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- virtually 0mm all round, 10mm at sides and rear without skirts.
    ARMOUR- 4mm Hardox
    MOVEMENT- inner, 6WD
    POWER- 2 x LEM-130s. These run at 36v and produce approximately 18hp.
    WEAPONS- A horizontal Pussycat-style saw blade on the front. The blade is mounted on the underbelly ala Code:BLACK and is designed to chew up skirts and wheels. It is powered by an S28-150 Magmotor and runs at 3000rpm. Its 18hp and shape also makes it an excellent battering ram.
    SRIMECH- invertible. The rounded sides and rear also prevent it getting beached.
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag.
    STRENGTHS- excellent traction, fast, tough armour, low weaponry, invertible
    WEAKNESSES- untested, so-so manoueverability, saw blade less effective upside-down

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5359/spindash6ta1.pnghttp://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5...indash6ta1.png

2. Traffic Warden (HW)
    SHAPE- rigid U shape, rounded rear
    COLOUR- black with a yellow stripe
    WEIGHT- 100kg, I hope
    DIMENSIONS- 95cm X 150cm X 25cm
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 10mm
    ARMOUR- 4mm Grade 5 titanium
    MOVEMENT- four inner wheels
    POWER- 2 x Etek-RT motors, running at 48v and producing 38hp.
    WEAPONS- Two vertical hydraulic clamps within the middle of the machine. Each clamp is powered by an 80mm x 40mm ram operating at 3000psi, delivering up to 10 tonnes of crushing power. When an opponent slips into the middle, the clamps activate and hold them in place. Traffic Warden can then drag them around and shove them into the nearest arena hazard. Think of it as Huggy Bear on steroids.
    SRIMECH- invertible, rounded rear should prevent it getting beached
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag, super special awesome thanks to Daniel Stickler, Martijn and AJ for helping with the design
    STRENGTHS- good traction, tough shell, fairly manoueverable, nippy, powerful grip
    WEAKNESSES- untested weapon, exposed ground clearance

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1130/trafficwardenfinalto6.pnghttp://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1...enfinalto6.png

Register To Comment