Register To Comment
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mechanical Maelstrom

SPIN DASH UNLEASHED VS The Zodiac

I dont know why I bother sometimes. I really dont.

The main tactic is to charge The Zodiac straight away and prevent it from getting those blades up to speed. The Zodiac may be powerful, but I just about have the advantage in speed and traction. Last time I checked, Hardox holds up fairly well too, at least long enough for me to try and hit back.

Even though I expect to lose the saw and skirts at the claws of the Zodiac, SDU is still a capable rammer: not exactly a spinners best friend. If I can ever stop the shell, charge the Zodiac straight down one of those pits. If the pits havent been lowered yet, feed it to the KillSaws until they have.

Congratulations, Kody. Good luck in the Semis. :wink:

Paul, I do agree MeCannibal 3.0 is much better than 2.0, but its still kinda crap because of that 3 inches of PU foam which takes out like about 15cm of your entire bots 75cm diameter.

We still dont understand it that much, but at least it was much clearer than 2.0. :P

Yeah you can

Eliminator 1
    Do or Die vs Gabriel III

In the Red Square we have Do or Die, a simple box shaped rammer with two powerful lynch motors running at a hefty sixty volts in the drive. It packs a whole lot of power and has tough armour as well as a front lifting scoop to hoist opponents into the air and allow them to be rammed extra-hard. However it could be easily stacked.

In the Blue Square we have Gabriel III, an odd elongated pyramid shaped machine with a full pressure front hinged flipper and side spikes towards the front of the robot, so when it spins on the spot with the two wheel drive it can act as a thwackbot and cause some serious damage. However, the armour isn€™t the strongest.

Red Platform: No Wai
    Blue Platform: Joey McConnell

ACTIVATE!

The signal for the match to begin is given and both robots head out of their starting squares, with Gabriel III opening up the attacking by driving straight towards Do or Die and attempting to slide under the side of the box-shaped rammer, but No Wai turns and the front scoop breaches the side skirt of Gabriel III, allowing the lynch motor powering it to activate and lift Gabriel III€™s two wheel drove from the arena floor for the more powerful lynch motors in Do or Die€™s drive to rev up to full speed and slam Joey into the spike strip! Gabriel is knocked away, but stays the right way up and drives back in on the attack, this time getting underneath the side of Do or Die and firing the full pressure flipper, letting Do or Die somersault onto the arena spinner to get tossed away into the corner, where the killsaws come into play and throw Do or Die up and over backwards in a shower of bright yellow sparks. No Wai drives back in on the attack of Gabriel III and the 0 front ground clearances meet head on, Gabriel III losing the battle to gain advantage this time and allowing Do or Die to fit that scoop snugly underneath the front of Gabriel III up into the air and Joey can only watch in dismay as Gabriel III is turned up and over onto its back! It self-rights and turns to get under Do or Die again with success, once again pushing No Wai and his machine across the arena and firing the flipper to turn it over. The look on Joey€™s face suggests however that his plan isn€™t working, as Gabriel III€™s flipper is too powerful for him to simply stack Do or Die on its side. No Wai takes advantage of this and drives around Gabriel III, getting underneath the rear of the elongated pyramid shaped robot and lifting it into the air with the scoop before going on a full-on sprint across the arena with Gabriel III in the air, the two collide with the spike strip and Gabriel III is propelled upwards and into the barrier fairly high up, knocking against it before falling back down to the arena floor with a BANG! Gabriel lands on its back and self-rights, but Do or Die is in there again and pushes it onto the arena spinner, watching on in glee as Gabriel III is thrown across the stadium and bounces along the floor before landing on its side on the killsaws! Joey€™s machine is thrown back onto its wheels, but at a cost as one of the skirts is sheared off completely by the powerful saws!
    Gabriel III€™s internals seem undamaged though and the angel of death goes back on the attack, managing to get under the front scoop of Do or Die due to the speed it was running at this time and pushing No Wai across the arena to the arena spinner, firing the flipper and letting Do or Die do a 360 degree flip before crashing down scoop first onto the spinner, which was going at top speed at the time of impact and now the crowd roars with delight as Do or Die is flung for the full length of the arena as it slams into the barrier protecting the audience with a CRASH! It slides down the wall and back into the arena though and now turns to face the oncoming attack from Gabriel III, who gets under the front scoop again and rams No Wai up against the barrier, firing the full pressure flipper and whacking Do or Die against the wall with good force and power, maybe knocking something around inside. Do or Die slides off Gabriel III sideways and turns to get that scoop underneath, lifting the front of Gabriel III into the air and putting full power into the drive as it speeds across the arena and into the spike strip with a CLANG! The arena pits open as Gabriel is toppled over backwards again, and although Joey fires the flipper to try and self-right Gabriel III hits the barrier before sliding down with its wheels in the ever so small space between the back of the spike strip and the arena wall. The wheels spin helplessly, but then with a few fires from the flipper Gabriel III is edged back over the spike strip only to get beached on one of the spikes! Joey continues to fire the flipper repeatedly and gets back onto the ground, but Do or Die is ready and rams in from the side, not bothering to lift Gabriel III with the scoop this time as the collision with the arena wall lies ahead! SLAM! Both robots hit the wall and the killsaws come up below them, flipping Do or Die up and against the wall as Gabriel III is turned over as well, quickly self-righting while Do or Die manages to use its electric lifter to topple itself back onto its wheels, only to get hit by the killsaws again and knocked up and over backwards onto the flipper of Gabriel III, who rams in straight back onto the killsaws to get flipped sideways away from Gabriel III and the arena wall for No Wai to drive back across the arena and turn to face Gabriel III€™s oncoming attack, but there€™s nothing he can do as Joey drives straight in underneath the scoop of Do or Die and fires the flipper, stacking the rammer against the arena wall! The referees look on from outside and begin the count!
    10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!
    Sadly now we must say farewell to Do or Die, as unexpected as that was a surely the LEMCO-200 motors would allow it to pit Gabriel III, but not this time.

CEASE!

Do or Die dies; Gabriel III rises past the heavens!

Next Eliminator
    MeCannibal 3.0 vs Sheer Heart Attack 2

(Message edited by Supersporty on October 23, 200

Great fight, result I was expecting but not in favour of.

Keep it up Lewis.

Yeah, that was fun too, and I think I may be some way to proving Gabriel as a decent fighter now :P
    Well done for a good fight Chez, and Lewis - wow. That is all I can say really, your battles are written like youve been around for ages

Incidentally, w00t for winning. :P *makes note of stuff to include in Gabe 4*

In a way I have been around for ages Just un-registered

Register To Comment