Register To Comment
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: My first tournament w.a.r

hey guys

sorry this is turning into a bit of a fiasco, been busy with school work

will get a few fights up before christmas

ok! first fight!

first into the arena is... flick of the wrist

this six wheeled monster certainly looks the part, with 6 wheels he will have a hell of a lot of traction and pushing power... but will a lack of damaging weapons let f.o.t.w down?

*Martijn waves*

next...Tsunami !

wow! this flipper looks awsome, o.t.as expected! good armor and a great flipper makes this a contender for the title... but if the flipper goes whats left?

*will grins*

and, last but not least...wedga trition!

woah! a bio-hazard shaped bot with a killer flipper, side skirts mean that flipping it will be VERY hard as will pushing it...its opponents will have to be brilliant at both driving and tactics in order to knock this one out!

*A.J waves*

the crowd is going wild as the 2 house bots (kill-a-lot and dead metal) do some dance moves around the arena.

3...2...1... activate!

and f.o.t.w goes charging in there! ouch! he rams straight into the side of tsunami...as f.o.t.w backs away 2 dents can be seen in the side of tsunami where the spikes went in. wedga-trition (who has been staying out of harms way until now makes his move on tsunami...flipping it onto its back!

the crowd roars as tsunami pulls of a superb self righting flip...flipping itself over wedga and onto its wheels; f.o.t.w then storms in but misjudges his attack and drives straight onto tsunamis flipper! tsunami drives to the arena wall and...

F L I P !

f.o.t.w goes o.t.a! woah! thats hight! must be...6 feet! f.o.t.w goes crashing out!

now its a flipper frenzy! wedga hits the pit button and then charges at tsunami but misses and goes into dead metals c.p.z

G R I N D !

sparks fly as the saw comes down! ouch! wedga escapes with a few grind marks and 1 or 2 dents...tsunami is in the middle of a victory spin... a.j sees his chance and pushes tsunami towards the pit...will trys to rectify his mistake but to late as the remains slide into the pit!

C E A C E !

wedga-trition goes through

Indeed, quite good considering how much experience youve got.

Very good so far Jack.

cheers guys... more battles to come soon

#sigh# i have let this go havent i, i promise i will get some fights up soon

tis okay Jack, its not like youre the only one to be delaying stuff at the moment...youre in somewhat esteemed company there

ok guys , second fight!

Hello and welcome to the second episode of W.A.R! Im your host Jack Orr with my co-commentator Harry Orr. well now Harry, what are your thoughts on this upcoming battle ?

Well Jack we have 3 very good robots here today, all 3 of them have flipping/lifting weapons but none of them have the regular rear hinged design, this should make for a interesting battle. the winning factor might turn out to be who has the most co2/ biggest flipper/ best reliability but i think driving skill will play a major part. On that basis i think Haldux 2.0 has a good chance because it can flip many, many times but then again Masamune will have great traction with that 4 wheel drive... and Wedgeinbor has that ingenius double flipper so brilliantly used by St Agro... ill have to go with Haldux for this one, but i know Frank and Kody will want to make me eat my words!

Thank you Harry for those wise words, now over to our match commentator Tom Shortt!

Hello FRA, the match is about to kick off but first of all here are a few stats!

*Wedgeinbor*

This Fantastic robot uses a St Agro style Flipper and is well driven by Kody Kunz , this double flipper design means he doesnt need to waste co2 on self-righting but it does reduces the power of the flipper.

*Kody waves*

*Haldux 2.0*

Ben Read has entered a Brilliant front hinged flipper, i think loosely based on Envy, Haldux has loads of co2 and loads of driving skill!

*Ben waves*

*Masamune*

last but not least is Frank Goachers Masamune, a rollover design means he mostly has no need for shrimecs , but in the event that he gets stacked against the side wall he can use his weapon (a lifting sword) to push himself back onto his wheels.

*Frank grins*

Now enter the house robots, Matilda with her spinning flywheel and shunt with his diamond edged axe.

*Matilda and Shunt do some dance moves!*

ACTIVATE!

And there they go, Wedgeinbor charges at Haldux, Kody eager to make Harry eat his words . OOH! he sends Haldux flying, you can really see the genius behind that double flipper, Haldux self rights and gets his revenge on Kody by flipping him wonderfully through the air.

*CRASH!!!*

Ooh that must of hurt, but Wedgeinbor keeps on going.

*WOOOOOO!*

The pit opens as Masamune presses the tyre, then Masamune zooms over to where Haldux and Wedgeinbor are still fighting it out, Kody who is in the same booth as Frank, gives a nod and they start pushing Haldux in a pincer move.

The screech of tires can be heard all around the arena, Haldux is putting up a brave fight but the 4 wheel drive and lifting sword of Masamune is obviously to much for it, suddenly Ben has a brain wave and spins away leaving Masamune pushing thin air...

*plonk!*

The crowd roars as Masamune drives straight into the pit! Frank hangs his head and stalks out of the booth to escape Kodys laughter

Meanwhile Ben rams Haldux into the side of Wedgeinbor which brings Kody Back down to Earth with a bump, Kody then gets under Haldux and drives him over to the arena wall ...

FAALIP!!!

WOAH there goes Haldux and Bens chances, Wedgeinbor is the winner!!!

Kody, Frank and Ben come out onto the platform!

So Frank, what happened?

Well, when Ben span away i headed straight towards the pit, Masamune is a very quick robot and i couldnt stop in time, its a shame because Masamune is a very cool robot!

I dont doubt that, Ben what happened there then?

Well i did quite well at the start but towards the end Haldux went a bit sluggish, perhaps it was the flips from Masamune i dont know but that flipper is very powerfull!

Indeed, well now onto Kody... well done mate!

Cheers Jack i think i did well in that one!

Yes you did, now, was that pincer move planned ?

No but i have seen other robots use it in the past so i though why not give it a try?

Yes well, Congratutulations now onto...

Hang on a second Harry said he would eat his words if Ben Lost!

Yes but Kody...

No buts, go on get going !!!

* sound of munching behind the scenes * !!!

Register To Comment