RESERVED (1 week left)
    3) Christopher Mason
    RESERVED (1 week left)
    4) Ben Read
    a- Cassius II
    b- ???
    5) Samuel Park
    a- Wild Thing (S4)
    b- ??? (according to Robot Wars: The Ultimate Guide Spawn Again was 84kg going into series 6, so it was probably a similar weight in series 5. Unless I can be proven wrong Samuel must replace this realie)

(Message edited by Swim2win on September 20, 200

Spawn Again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_spRxbMC5ck

Yeah, its okay, I guess...

I am proven wrong

Here goes...

Realie: the indestructable, indefatigable and inflatable Flirty Skirty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqB3I1Jv1kw

Vapour: Painkiller:

WEIGHT: 80kgs
    DIMENSIONS: 90 x 70 x 20 cms
    SHAPE: Similar to Fluffy in series 5, but with the rear end of Tornado from that period, with the angled plates keeping the wheels in contact with the ground
    COLOUR: Mostly either pewter or see through for the polycarb, with some black on the chassis bars and weapon.
    DRIVE: 2 S28-400 Magmotors run from 4 NiMh packs at 24v, driving two wheels located towards the rear with urethane rubber tyres for grip. (turning circle is zero)
    SPEED: 14mph average, 20mph max
    GROUND CLEARANCE: 8mm all around
    ARMOUR: Top and bottom are 4mm Hardox, the sides and rear are 10mm polycarbonate supported by rubber shock-absorbing bolts from a steel box section frame connecting the two plates
    WEAPONS: The main weapon is a front 60cm diameter Hardox spinning disc run from a redundant chain drive from a Husqvarna 3120XP chainsaw petrol engine, fitted with an expansion tube that allows it to develop about 10hp and with non essential parts removed to save weight. The disc is 15kg in weight, spins at a maximum 4000rpm and delivers about 80kj maximum, with sections cut out to create more of a flywheel effect and reduce the weight.
    Also, the entire disc setup can be switched out (losing about 30kg) and the robot can instead be fitted with a second set of identical drive motors and wheels, which make the general shape of the robot more boxy even though little extra armour is added. This setup makes it invertible and 4wd, and has a front scoop made from 3mm aluminium 80cm wide with plates extending forward from the sides to trap things like footballs. The scoop has a clearance of about 5mm at the front, and this entire setup is designed purely for the gauntlet and trials :P
    SRIMECH: Runs inverted, and has bars on the side to prevent stranding.
    NOTES: Components are shockproofed for protection against itself and other spinners and ramming things, and the engine has heat shields installed to protect it from fire and the other electronics from the heat.
    STRENGTHS: Versatile, good weaponry and drive, fairly well armoured
    WEAKNESSES: Kody came up with the name

Not bad for something designed in one night I personally feel

Can I reserve a spot?
    jack

Dan took the last spot, I think...incidentally, Painkillers disc has two hardened tool steel teeth shaped to bludgeon rather than rip; I managed to leave that bit out of the stats

And Ben, LEM200s weigh at least 10kg each, and youll need at least 35kg for the drive alone, thinking very optimistically...with Hardox armour and a full pressure flipper you might be slightly on the wrong side of the weight limit :P

(Message edited by joeychevron on September 21, 200

Register To Comment