Register To Comment
Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament 3

NOTE: Just because this is opening, that doesnt mean anything. Sign-ups could take like a month or so, plenty of time for me to complete Dual Duels. So dont go off the hook now, just because this is open as well. :P

Er-hem...the third quest for the top spot begins now!

DA RULEZ

1. Need 12-16 people to enter 8 vapourbots/realies. The number of people determines the heat fight set-up. If I get 12 people, there are 3 bots in each first round battle. If I get 16 people, there are 4. Simple enough.

2. Basic RW rules apply here.

3. The http://www.geocities.com/origkody/CR...gBattlegrounds

It is, as I might be doing something involving renders of your vapourbots later on in the series. :wink:

davids
    Whats a Treaded robot?

Something that uses treads, like El Diablo, Panzer, etc.

Right. Just let me check your vapours, Paul... :wink:

davids
    quote:

9. NO FIGHTING.

Well thats no fun, whats the point of robots fighting if they are not allowed to fight

And damn you with rule 8

And I would re-write rule 4 because at the moment it suggests that wheeled machines are allowed to be 200kg (base 100kg limit plus a bonus of 100kg)

(Message edited by DavidS on July 30, 200

Ahem...

Nitro-Gene 5.0 - Where to begin...the rubber is too thick: 5cm? Your wheels are 18cm in diameter but the bot is 20cm high? I cant see it moving. Whats this extension youre talking about in the dimensions but not in the body shape? The force you are exuding (1600kg) on the 90mm ram is too much and Im sure it would break after the first flip, so try for 2 rams. How heavy is the flipping arm? Whats it made of? Explain or revise please.

The Rock - Overkill rubber again? Otherwise fine.

Knyfe - Explain this rotary joint to me, please.

Heyght - More overkill rubber. Too much monocoque! You should know that a monocoque is armour and chassis combined, so you cant properly have 3 monocoques. :P Where does it get lower? Where does it get narrower? You should that out in your shape. Too CO2 bottles as well and Im not sure if theyll fit the dimensions; again, like Nitro-Gene, you might blow the ram. Have two rams or lower the power somewhat.

D.V.D: The Sequel - Length and width dimensions too small...explain how the sides and rear are triangular. Otherwise fine.

MeCannibal 3.0 - The 130mm height is too small. Sure, LEM130s do work sideways and theyre 100mm in height when placed like that, but MeCanniball has 10mm titanium armour on top and bottom, so that gives MeCannibal about 5mm of space, top and bottom, to air out; the robot needs more room inside to breathe, otherwise itll overheat and die. And PLEASE, explain the skirt properly. And is it circular (going around the entire bot), or what?

Sort those out and Ill let you in. :wink:

Register To Comment