Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1mm titainium cutting and bending

Hi guys

I got a sheet of 1mm Ti for use on my AWs and possibly my FWs, but I need to cut it and be able to bend it (not at a right angle, but round various radius. Any suggestions ?

Do you mean bend in a curved way?

(Message edited by dan_boulton on July 25, 200

yea like andy says if a high grade it will snap if a tight bend but if its a low grade could you stick it in a vice and bend it?

1mm ti? cut it with a hacksaw!

bend it- low grade just bend it like alu, if its a high grade, heat it up untill its blue then bend it.

Its a high grade Ti, and I was planning on bending it around an 8mm thick rod (not right the way around, just to get a right angle curve), and the main bend is much larger. I aim to make it look like Hells Angels scoop in miniature (see profile for HA)

Dave

what thickness is turbs inner frame and flipper made from ? I did get quotes for 12mm but might change to at least 15mm im sure you were closer to 20mm, do you think 15mm would be ok ?
    I dont think toxic 2 will b ready until febuary
    due to no-one being interested in machining
    6082t6
    I will get there soon though!

Terry.

Terry, you are right its 20mm, the flipper is just plain old box section. I think 15m would be ok, we went for 20mm basically because thats what size the plate comes in and didnt want to waste money in the shape of swarf.

Cheers Ed, what size rod or bolts does your flipper pivot on ? im thinking of a bit of 20mm bar drilled through the 15mm plates at the top,
    do you have any bearings fitted ?

Register To Comment