Register To Comment
Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

I dont know, I would like some details because from the text I read from the the stats I couldnt tell.

I was thinking that...it uses cams to push the legs which arent powered themselves, or so I believe, which might be borderline.

...I dont see how him apparently insulting you has anything to do with the vapour design, but never mind...

Im not entirely sure what the solution to this situation is anymore, but it probably DOES NOT involve us arguing over who insulted who and who is doing what, so if we could steer this back to the helping please...and I repeat my earlier recommendations to Ben in that regard. Namely, go for a heavyweight since they are what is generally fought.

Well, if you try to create a design inside the weight limit and post it in here, we may actually *shockgasphorror* be able to help you make it within the weight limit. :blush:

And by that, we mean a PROPER design, not one that has so many errors in it.

This is one of my biggest gripes with vapourbot design - people make a massive kerfuffle about shufflers yet no one seems to actually understand what is and isnt one.

As far as I understand the FRA rules, a shuffler is something that moves using cams as the thing that contacts the ground aka the foot.

Anything else that actually has legs is defined as a walker, even if it has cams or gear systems to define how those legs move as is the case with the cheeky boy system or the anarchy system. And realistically its very very tough to design a walking system which does use either of those with it still being weight effective. Sure you might be able to build it but you end up with the manouverability of a legless toad.

Anyway, as to Ben:
    As I said - either give us a quick drawing or quick description of what you want to design and well walk you through in theory how to do its stats, or if there is somethign fundementally wrong with it, why it wouldnt work and suggest changes that would make it work.

Anarchy is actually a shuffler. It uses a continuous rotational drive method to make the legs move. A true walker has a leg design where it has 2 Degrees of Freedom or more, and each leg is able to be individually controlled separately to the rest. Mechadon is about the only real walker that has ever graced combat. Everything else is just a shuffler, ie: Anarchy, Cheekyboy.

davids
    I have a simple fool-proof plan with reference to what is a walker and what is a shuffler, its so fool-proof that hopefully it will work. Basically the weight limit is 100KG regardless if your machine has wheels, has tracks, has legs or is a shuffler.

I know its unfair for proper walkers, but meh

Register To Comment