Register To Comment
Page 11 of 106 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

quote:

i dont want to spin on the spot i just want a 0 turning circle

that made me laugh slightly, no offense intended

0 turning circle = turning on the spot

you can have 0 turning circle with any amount of wheels you want, be it 2WD, 4WD, 6WD. The key difference is that with 2WD you can turn QUICKER, with 6WD however, you have more traction and can push better. 4WD is good for both pushing (not as good as 6WD) and turning (not as good as 2WD)

so, what will it be Ben, a 6WD robot with lotsa push or a 4WD robot with better agility?

Damnit, I keep forgetting Hardox and titanium densities.

quote:

Hold everything Martijn...isnt that conflicting with what AJ said about Chaos 2, Tornado and Storm 2?

no it is not, ALL 3 turn on the spot, only Chaos 2 does so with less friction and therefor more smoothly, and quicker if all 3 would have the same motors and gearing

EDIT: as a matter of fact, both AJ AND me are completely right in their posts, all variants can turn on the spot, 2WD does so with more agility/quicker, 6WD does so more slowly and with lotsa friction

(Message edited by MajinB on July 29, 200

Provided the motors and gearing can conquer the friction of the wheels you can. What most 6wd robots do is make the middle pair of wheels a few mm larger so it eases the turning.

6WD are pushers most of the time, if your motors cant even conquer that friction it wouldnt be much of a pusher

but yes, youre right, but am I right in thinking that with larger wheels in the middle youre traction will decrease?

Not really no.

You say it wouldnt be much of a pusher, but have you ever thought about the amount of battery power you waste just by trying to turn on a 6wd robot?

Register To Comment