Register To Comment
Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1055

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

Haha lewis

The name came from one of my favourite songs. and also another idea the the electronics would be attacched to the
    weapon so when it fired, axes could not hit anything inside, hence the name and also ditch the idea cos it was impractical

Ok ive resorted the stats

Empty Inside
    Shape: Storm 2, a box with wedges on the front and sides, with a rounded back
    Colour: Camo, with shades of red
    Dimensions: Height 25cm Width: 65cm Length: 105cm
    Drive: 2x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 5x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 Storm 2 style wheels, like Merlin, are positioned at the front
    Armour: 6mm titanium
    Speed: 12mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm, under the flipper and 0mm elsewhere except the back thanks to Titanium skirting, 5mm with out skirts though
    Weapon:An Achilles style rear-hinged flipper,which is attached from the back and goes all the way down the front to the bottom of the wedge. powered by a 1000pi 2.5kg C02 tank, with 2 70mm bore 300mm stroke rams which power the flipper. Can flip up to 300kg and can lift up to 400kg, much like Achilles itself, it is a full body flipper, which means that the front wedge and the top, fire towards the back of the robot, the sides do not flip up though
    Scrimech: The flipper of course
    Strength: Powerful weapon
    Weakness: Dunno
    BIO: Another new design for 2011
    Win/loss ratio: N/A
    rated I for: This bot is in the hands of an Idiot

Is that better?

Vertical ring spinner of doom

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/lh/pho...eat=directlink

I'm too lazy to redo the cad but it will look sort of similar to the original design but with pointy things to protect the wheels a bit, some small wedges to get under things better and some weight reducing slots and holes in the main tube that emit an eeirie green glow courtesy of green leds.

Name: Still needs one, any suggestions please

Weight: 100kg

Shape: S3 (Cylinder with a massive vertical disc)

Dimensions (LxWxH): 98cm x 120 cm x 88cm

Colour: Black ring, lime green teeth and a pale green main body

Drive: 2 * S28-400 magmotors on a 7.5:1 ratio at 33V with 10 * 10 cell A123 ANR26650M1 battery packs

Locomotion: 2* 15cm diameter 10cm wide weldalite hubbed wheels covered in urethane rubber

Armour: 5mm weldalite (aluminium alloy) nearly everywhere but 10mm on the ring supports and strategic shockproofing to prevent it from breaking itself.

Speed: 14mph

Ground Clearance: 0mm at the wedges, 5mm elsewhere.

Turning Circle: 0 cm

Weapon: 30kg vertical spinning ring. 15kg 70cm diameter weldalite ring with 3*5 kg blunt hardox teeth that also point inside the ring to give anything that goes inside the ring a good whack. Powered by dual 2230-725 neumotors it has a max spinning speed of 3000rpm kicking out 175kJ.

Lian: CO2 doesn't work at 1000psi, it becomes a liquid at a point (dependent on temperature) between 700 and 800psi, and can't be brought any higher - the solution to this is either to make the flipper just 'full pressure CO2' or if you want 1000psi you'll have to run on nitrogen, which to complicate things is measured by pressure and volume and not weight ;P

Otherwise the robot looks alright to me.

Jordan: The only problems at all with that are a) they're not called S28-400s any more, they're A28-400s due to the production being taken over by Ampflow at some point in 2010 (sneaky little motors...)

and b) that's a picture of Frustum, heh :P

Otherwise it looks alright, I'll trust you on the Weldalite structure since 10mm seems a bit thin to support a full 175kJ hit, but then I suppose once you've hit someone with that sort of energy self damage doesn't matter much since then you can repair it before the next round

I am terrible with names of late, perhaps follow with the song titles idea?

Ok hopefully its the final version now

Empty Inside
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Storm 2, a box with wedges on the front and sides, with a rounded back
    Colour: Camo, with shades of red
    Dimensions: Height 25cm Width: 65cm Length: 105cm
    Drive: 2x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 5x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 Storm 2 style wheels, like Merlin, are positioned at the front
    Armour: 6mm titanium
    Speed: 12mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm, under the flipper and 0mm elsewhere except the back thanks to Titanium skirting, 5mm with out skirts though
    Weapon:An Achilles style rear-hinged flipper,which is attached from the back and goes all the way down the front to the bottom of the wedge. powered by a 750pi 2.5kg C02 tank, with 2 70mm bore 300mm stroke rams which power the flipper. Can flip up to 300kg and can lift up to 400kg, much like Achilles itself, it is a full body flipper, which means that the front wedge and the top, fire towards the back of the robot, the sides do not flip up though
    Scrimech: The flipper of course
    Strength: Powerful weapon
    Weakness: Dunno
    BIO: Another new design for 2011
    Win/loss ratio: N/A
    rated I for: This bot is in the hands of an Idiot

Hopefully its all ready to go

Weldalite is an alloy of aluminium that is about twice as strong as some of the aircraft grade aluminiums and around that of some stainless steels.

Although I have removed more weight from the design than I have added with the weight holes I can pretty easily thicken up the disc supports if need be and it needs a redesign to make it look more scary.

I'm thinking of calling it Shego after the character from the awesome show, Kim Possible due to them both being green, black and very destructive.

Just thought id ask again, ive posted the re-stat 2 comments above this one, just wondering if its now got the green
    light and ready to go

EDIT: 700th post, im catching up to most of the fanfic guys :P

No issues that I can see Lian, nope

Yay, its now sorted, just wanted to make sure

My team seems to be gettin better this year. Watch out lads!!! (Obivously a figure of speech i suck)

lads, I pose a question to thee...

Would a hydraulic crushing/lifting system be feasible? I would like to have a system that combines horizontal pincers with a lifting arm, and not precisely in the same way Big Nipper has done.

Register To Comment