Register To Comment
Page 101 of 106 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1055

Thread: How could I Improve pt 2

viewtopic.php?f=201&t=2127

My case is rested :P

OK finalized version of Shield of Gondolin (Still suprised Kody hasnt recognized the name yet)

Shield of Gondolin
    Weight: 100kg
    Shape: Storm 2, a box with wedges on the front and sides, but its swapped, as the flat back is now the front
    Colour: Black, with blood spattered red all over, and a picture of a dragon on the baseplate
    Dimensions: Height 25cm Width: 65cm Length: 105cm without disc
    Drive: 2x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 4x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 Storm 2 style wheels situated at the back were the original front wedge went
    Armour: 6mm Titanium
    Speed: 10mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the back 5mm elsewhere
    Weapon: 259 style flywheel with 4 teeth on it powered by a 25.9v S28-400 Magmotor at 4000rpm
    Shrimech: Disc will pop it back over
    Strength: Bloody good weapon
    Weakness: Dunno
    BIO: A new design for 2011
    Win/loss ratio: N/A

So the modifications are:
    Armour reduced to 6mm Titanium to save weight
    Only 2 magmotors instead of 4
    4 battlepacks instead of 7
    Speed reduced to 10mph

Also, the full body flipper/Achilles clone idea might become a serperate robot

Ok i want to give hammer and Nailz 2 an omega revamp, possibly under the name Hammerlet (5 quid to who got the
    joke :P )

Heres the stats of the (What i now call fail) bot

http://strickenone.proboards.com/index. ... thread=770

Also im not sure what to do with Curse of the Deep, either a rebuild or scale down or retirement

Heres the stats http://teamzlayerz.proboards.com/index. ... 158&page=1

All advice welcome

Hammer & Nails looks good to me Lian, but if you want to revamp it I'd remove one of the axes, personally I don't see the need for 2

And I'd keep Curse of the Deep just for that nice CAD, it'll probably do better over here than it did on ARC

And if anyone wouldn't mind looking at Vertigo here, been a while since I wrote out FRA-style stats and I think the pneumatics in particular may be off....

VERTIGO

BODY SHAPE: Box with 60* wedge at front and angled rear ala Tornado. The sides are sloped at 45*

WEIGHT: 100kg

DIMENSIONS (L X W X H): 80cm x 75cm x 20cm

COLOUR: See CAD

LOCOMOTION: 4 x internal wheels, made of aluminium with unrethane tyres. Each is exposed from the top and bottom and is 22cm in diameter

GROUND CLEARANCE: 0 at the wedge, 8mm at sides and 10mm at rear

DRIVE MOTORS: 2 x LEMCO-130 lynch motors running @ 48v

DRIVE BATTERIES: 4 x NiCad battlepacks at 12v in series

SPEED: 18mph

TURNING CIRCLE: 0 metres

BODY ARMOUR: 4mm hardox monoque, flipper/top panel is
    6mm.

CHASSIS: 4mm hardox monocoque. The removable panel is the top one.

WEAPON 1: The whole top panel is a full pressure flipper, powered by a 100mm ram @ 725psi from a 3kg co2 bottle, providing plenty of flips and a lot of power, similar power in fact to the modern Kronic the Wedgehog.

SRIMECH: The robot is invertible, but the flipper can be used to right it if needs be.

STRENGTHS: Powerful weaponry, tough armour

THEME SONG: Bodies by Drowning Pool

It's spelt 'monocoque' ;P but other than that I can't see any real problems* with it, nice work the same goes for the improved Drumblebee (which I can't be bothered to make a second post about, heh)

*having had a second glance I have noticed that you're lacking a bit in battery power - you probably do have enough weight to change to a pair of (or even three) 48v packs in parallel to give more capacity, so that won't be an issue

I spelt it wrong then right! *facepalm*

Thanks Joey, that shall be changed

[quote=super_sporty]Hammer & Nails looks good to me Lian, but if you want to revamp it I'd remove one of the axes, personally I don't see the need for 2

And I'd keep Curse of the Deep just for that nice CAD, it'll probably do better over here than it did on ARC
    [quote]

Hammer and nails i think does need a rebuild and i think Curse of the Deep should lose a couple of kg due to the fact
    SHW get almost no attention really, i dont want my bots to sit there gathering dust

Also the full body flipper has arrived, with more detailed flipper stats

Empty Inside
    Shape: Storm 2, a box with wedges on the front and sides, with a rounded back
    Colour: Camo, with shades of red
    Dimensions: Height 25cm Width: 65cm Length: 105cm
    Drive: 2x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 5x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.
    Locomotion: 2 Storm 2 style wheels
    Armour: 6mm titanium
    Speed: 12mph
    Ground Clearance: 0mm all over thanks to Titanium skirting, 5mm with out though
    Weapon:An Achilles style rear-hinged flipper,which is attached from the back and goes all the way down the front to the bottom of the wedge. powered by a 1000pi 2.5kg C02 tank, with 2 70mm bore 300mm stroke rams which power the flipper. Can flip up to 300kg and can lift up to 400kg, much like Achilles itself, it is a full body flipper
    Scrimech: The flipper of course
    Strength: Powerful weapon
    Weakness: Dunno
    BIO: Another new design for 2011
    Win/loss ratio: N/A
    rated I for: This bot is in the hands of an Idiot

Empty Inside

^ EMO!!!!!! :P jks

Shape: Storm 2, a box with wedges on the front and sides, with a rounded back
    Colour: Camo, with shades of red
    Dimensions: Height 25cm Width: 65cm Length: 105cm

^ All good

Drive: 2x 24v S28-400 Magmotors, powered by 5x 3000mAh NiCad Battlepacks.

^ This is fine, I'm not sure if you need that many batteries but I'm sure that's enough power

Locomotion: 2 Storm 2 style wheels

^ Again this should be ok if you're thinking of a Merlin-esque set-up with 2 wheels at the front, I'd make that clear in the stats though.

Armour: 6mm titanium
    Speed: 12mph

^ This is fine

Ground Clearance: 0mm all over thanks to Titanium skirting, 5mm with out though

^ You need to state the ground clearance behind the skirts, and also say where the skirts are, which you have done but I'm not sure you mean there's a skirt on the front and back as well?

Weapon:An Achilles style rear-hinged flipper,which is attached from the back and goes all the way down the front to the bottom of the wedge. powered by a 1000pi 2.5kg C02 tank, with 2 70mm bore 300mm stroke rams which power the flipper. Can flip up to 300kg and can lift up to 400kg, much like Achilles itself, it is a full body flipper

^ Seems fine apart from the last sentence; 1) I'm sure it's more powerful than you've stated and 2) Specify full body flipper, is it just the top panel or the whole shell?

Otherwise nice design Lian

As for Hammer & Nails and Curse of the Deep, it's up to you of course, why do you think H&N needs a rebuild though? and I'd keep a SHW around, tournaments crop up here and there and it's always handy to have one

Register To Comment