Register To Comment
Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Oddestsey II: Return to Odd

Well Ive been considering this for a little while now, so here it is.

Right now all I need are characters, one each and in theory Ill accept as many as are entered but I may pick and choose a little as to who is in the starting roster and then introduce others later depending on whim.

The only other thing is that I *might* manipulate this more by dealing with different players behind the scenes to make a better game, though of course if you tell each other then it wont work and things will be more boring.

Anyway a character entrant is as follows:

Name
    Species Whatever you want as long as it is a maximum of 10ft tall. Doesnt have to be humanoid, can be your own creation or whatever. Obviously will need a description if not.
    Physical description What your character looks like.
    Clothing Whatever you want, though expect bulky armour to have a realistic effect on yor ability to move etc.
    Equipment You may start with five items, one of which should probably be (but doesnt have to be) a weapon. Ammunition is counted with projectiles and anything dues ex machina will make me be unfair to you once we are in the story.
    Abilities You may pick three abilities for your character to have, it can be anything - weapon skill, magic powers, super powers, technological prowess, psychic powers, or whatever. The only thing is dont put measures on it because Ill be interpretting those as well. Again, attempts at dues ex machina will result in me punishing you for it ingame.

Thisll start when I feel ready to start it and go wherever the whim takes me.... enjoy

I want to enter what will inevitably become a paragon of w00tiness but since I go away on Sunday its not really viable right now...

What are the chances of it still being going in September? I might be able to get involved then.

Who knows, itll be going as long as people keep enough itnerest to keep me interested or I manage to bring the story to a conclusion.

On a side note, I wont force the party to stick together or follow the option tree approach - you are perfectly able to attempt to kill one another. Its all going to be made up on the fly beyond a few ideas which I may or may not use. Im also intending to have overt dialogue minimized just to get a better flow to the story.

Players will also be encouraged to give their updates to me in private to further their own ends.

Expect at least three familiar faces.

Reserve me a spot

*SAVES*

a spot

i will put forward my charachter wether chosen or not will see. (must learn how to spell)

Name ... Brutus Beefcake
    Gender ... Male
    Species ... Troll. This species is a very tough and strong but on the flip side with its strength its also a but slow. is a bit twitchy around humans but likes elfs. can take loads of damage dues to his troll like thick skin.
    Physical Description ... Stands 9ft tall and 6 ft wide a muscle bound beast. he is one ugly mother with 2 horns and a face that looks like its been playing with parked cars.
    Clothing ... mostly leather clad with armoured chest and legs.
    Equipment ... weapon is his oversized samuari and knows how to use it. A very bright torch. 10 meters of rope. A leather man multi tool. oversized zippo lighter.
    Abilities ... has the power to generate the tree of life which can also heal others. wired reflexes which increase the trolls speed 10 fold. enhanced vision. can see through solid objects to 70 meters.

if i have done it all wrong let me know and i will adapt.

(Message edited by swanaldo on July 17, 200

Much as it would be amusing if he hit people with a (presumably dead?) samurai I presume you mean a samurai sword (katana?). If you want to keep it as just a samurai though thats fine, its more fun, lol.

Seems good though, the tree of life will do its job but probably not in quite the way you were thinking of. The seeing through solid objects is perhaps a little strong, but if you wanted to have something like it cant see through metal, requires great concentration to use OR can only see movement rather than detail then that would be perfectly fine, or if youve got any other ideas thats fine, but permenant x-ray vision would make it hard for anything to be a surprise.

i am getting these stats form a game i play on the xbox. enhanced vision is only used for about 5 seconds so its not permenant just used when needed. it can only see moving objects i.e. the enemy. yes a Katana . tree of life on the game is planted and stays there, so you cant take it with you. takes a while before you can plant another. and it has limited life span.

Name : Dirge
    Species: Sencient Zombie
    Physical Description: http://www.xombified.com/downloads/wallpaper_dirge800_600.jpghttp://www.xombified.com/downloads/w...rge800_600.jpg
    Clothing : Pants
    Equipment: A shovel named Faust, and his pet undead dog CERBERUS
    Abilities: A mortally challenged man with a mind of his own, Dirge struggles to cope with the annoyances of unlife. Forever the pessimist, Dirge fights against his posthumous tendencies, determined to be a good person no matter the inconvenience.

(Message edited by leorcc on July 17, 200

Register To Comment