Register To Comment
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: FRFFT: Series One

I enter two of my top dogs here:

http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=tivapours&thread=17 7&page=1
    http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...tivapours&thre ad=177&page=1
    +1>Nitro-Gene 5.0

http://strickenone.proboards99.com/index.cgi?board=tivapours&action=display&thread=30 2http://strickenone.proboards99.com/i...n=display&thre ad=302
    +1>Heyght II

I prefer heavyweights to the oher weights
    Good luck everyone else who enters

Oooh, reserve me a spot until I finish clarifying a few things:

1: What are the weight limits for tracked and walking machines?

2: When you say enter two in any of the following weight classes, does that mean we have to enter two in one weight class, or can we enter eight robots, two in each class?

save me a spot

EDIT: for some odd reason I dont think Liam E is gonna claim his saved spot

(Message edited by MajinB on October 18, 200

Heavy 1

The May Tracks Has You

Shape: Like Comengetorix. It has a wedge extender to give it 0 mm at the front.

Speed: 20 MPH.

Dimensions(lwh A): 85CM X 45 CM X 24 CM

Armour: 4.5 MM hardox.

GC: 0 mm at the front, 6 mm everywhere else, covered by skirts made of 3 mm Ti.

Weapon 1: Rear hinged flipper, powered by two pneumatic rams at 500 psi.

Weapon 2: Upward facing spikes on the wedge. A robot can go over them, but if it tries to reverse, say goodbye to your tyres. By wedging a robot then reversing suddenly, TMTHY can impale the tyres, then fire the flipper to do loads of damage. Even a robot with stuffed tyres will be limping after that.

Drive: Inner tracks, powered by Lem-130€™s at 24 volts.

Srimech: The flipper.

Strengths: Weapon synergy. Once The May Tracks Has You, there is no escape.

Weaknesses: Axe/flipper combos could take the tracks out.

Heavy 2

The 6isc

Shape: Like an old fashioned bar-bell. It is two circular wheel pods, connected by an axle in the middle of which sits the disc.

Size: 60X110X60 CM (LWH)

Weight: ~100 KGs

Speed: 10 MPH.

Ground clearance: Under the wheel protectors, it€™s 5 mm.

Weapon: 26 KG spinning disc, powered by one LEM 130 Lynch motor and going at 2500 RPM. The disc is shaped with its own teeth rather than needing teeth surgically attached to it, so dentistry is quite impossible. The energy output is 36 KJ€™s which, while modest by vapour €˜bot standards should still be enough to make a mess of things.

Wheels: 6 wheels, but four wheel drive. This has three wheels on either side arranged in a triangular fashion, so it only runs on four at a time. The wheels are 1 CM solid Ti with soft compound rubber wrapped around them to provide shock resistance, and a layer of Vulcalon wrapped around that to provide traction.

Chassis: The main chassis consists of one solitary 1 CM thick 4 mm box section hardox bar. Slotted over that is a secondary axle, inside which are the batteries. There are also two other triangular chassis€™ supporting the wheels. These are made from 4 MM 1 CM box section Ti bars with weight reducing holes.

Armour: The true axle and chassis is a 4 MM hardox bar. The battery axle is 2 mm aluminium. The semi circular wheel protectors and side spikes are 5 mm Hardox. The disc itself is 14 MM of Hardox 500, and the outer axle is 4 mm grade 5 Ti.

Srimech: Totally invertible. Controls won€™t even have to be reversed after flipping, meaning it can just go straight back on the attack.

Drive: 2 S28-400 Magmotors at 24 volts.

Strengths: The newest version of The 6isc does away with as many weaknesses in The Disc 5 as I could find.

Weaknesses: Weak armour in places. Can€™t use axe attacks.

I currently have no otherweight vapours, so Im not reserving for those brackets. If I can get some done in time Ill enter those.

Featherweights
    Altitude
    Micro Gore Evo

Middleweights
    Solstice 2.0
    Xianghua II

Heavyweights
    Wedgin8or
    Shadow Zone Forever

Superheavyweights
    Tax Cutter
    The System Of Doctor Tarr And Professor Fether