Register To Comment
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMIDSY - heavyweight robot and loads of gear

Some one out there may remember us - SMIDSY appeared on RobotWars from series 3 until the last year (series 7 ?), plus a couple of years of RobotWars Extreme and (IIRC) two years of Technogames). We never made it past the heat finals but got to play with the big boys.

Anyway, our robot has been sitting, unloved, in my garage for the last few years and Im moving house in a couple of weeks and its got to go :-(

Its mostly stainless steel and titanium so its in fairly good condition. (Although the batteries didnt survive the last series)

Some of the gear is actually worth something:
    * 2x 70A 4QD speed controllers
    * 3x 120A 4QD speed controllers
    * 2x 750W bosch motors
    * An Iskra 800W motor
    * Multiplex CockpitMM 40MHz computer transmitter
    * 2x Multiplex IPD receivers
    * 2x big (4 foot square) sheets of 3mm, grade 5 titanium. This stood up to some of the best axes on the show.
    * a selection of RC-to-4QD interface boards and switch/relay boards

Then theres a pile of virtually worthless stuff, spare bits of steel, go-kart wheels and tyres, assorted pneumatic actuators that we never used,
    some mechanical actuators that we did use, a few assorted smaller motors (including windscreen wiper motors), lots of sturmey-archer gearbox parts (as seen on your grannys bike ;-) Some polycarbonate, loads of fire-proof wire mesh, various wires and nuts and bolts.

In all, there are 6 crates of stuff, as well as the robot itself and some other loose items.

Ive no idea what to do with it all. Id put it on eBay but Ive never seen anything similar so I doubt there are many people looking for this sort of thing.

Id be happy to give away all the stuff I consider worthless, if anyone can use it. I could even deliver it to a really good cause. Otherwise its going to the dump :-(

Any thoughts? Are there any other UK robot groups still active that I should contact?

this is the place where it will be sold if someone wants it (this forum is for active roboteers in europe)

theres a few things i think we could do with as spares, but we wont want to buy the lot, will ask my dad when hes back from work

I sent an e-mail to you guys a while ago about buying SMIDSY off you, but got no reply.

How much for just the robot ?

what do you want for the titanium?

yeah i hate SMIDSY (did beat us and stoped us playing with Chaos2 )

but hope someone buys it realy

the only thing i would like is the 2 sheets of 3mm, grade 5 titanium

John

Register To Comment