Register To Comment
Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Vapourbot Vengeance Series 1

verdanaarialhelvetica>+1>Did you watch Robot Wars and think: I can design something better than that! ?

courier newcourier>+1>Did you cry in disbelieve when a Judges Decision went the wrong way?

arialhelvetica>+1>Do you want the chance to put your best Heavyweight designs amongst the best realies out there?

+2>WELL LOOK NO FURTHER: ITS VAPOURBOT VENGEANCE!

Thats right: once and for all you can see how well your precious little designs would face if they truly existed, in the context of an actual series of Robot Wars!

Your vapourbot will randomly replace one of the competitors from series 7 of Robot Wars, and fight for the right to be crowned Robot Wars Champion and pocket a cool £20,000 top prize.*

*THIS DOES NOT EXIST!!!

Da Rules

€ I am looking for up to 16 people to enter 1 vapourbot each.
    € The vapourbot must be your own design.
    € Robot Wars 7 rules apply for weight (100kg for wheels and tracks, 150kg for shufflers, 200kg for true walkers).
    € Active weaponry is compulsory - just like Robot Wars 7.
    € Clusterbots are allowed, and the 100% rule will be enforced.
    € Please enter stats neatly, or provide a link to them.
    € At the end of your post, please select from the following:
    Melee 1 OR Melee 2
    A number between 1 and 4

Tournament Layout

The tourney will be done exactly the same as series 7 of Robot Wars.

HEATS (X 16)
    - ROUND 1 = 2 X 4-way melees, 2 through from each
    - ROUND 2 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the survivors
    - ROUND 3 = 1 X head-to-head fight with the survivors

SEMI-FINALS (X 2)
    - ROUND 4 = 4 X head-to-head fights with the Heat winners
    - ROUND 5 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the survivors

GRAND FINAL
    - ROUND 6 = 2 X head-to-head fights with the Semi-Final qualifiers
    - ROUND 7 (FINAL) = 1 X head-to-head fight with the two surviving robots.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------

I am pretty sure that is everything you need to know about sign-ups and structure. Now onto the actual tournament. As stated earlier, you will be replacing real robots with your vapourbots. This will be done randomly, with your melee choice and number deciding where you go in a certain heat.

For Example: If I enter ReserveBot into the competition, and put Melee 1, robot 2 at the end of my post, then I will replace the 2nd robot listed in melee 1 of a random heat. Easy, right?

Due to the amount of battles and lack of time I have after the Summer holidays, I will only be concentrating on writing battles for the vapourbots. Any battles that contain real robots will be made into hypotheticals, and will be exactly as how they happened on Robot Wars 7. If, however, two real robots fight and they did not fight in Robot Wars 7, I will write a hypothetical battle based on who I think will win.

I hope to start this tournament by the end of the week, so if I can have as many entries as possible by then that would be great.

All that leaves me to say is€¦

+2>GET ENTERING!

Oh my.

Reserve me a spot, please Danny.

Hooray!

In the spirit of RW7s flipper fetish, Ill enter the indefatigable Wedge Devolution!

Wedge Devolution
    SHAPE- low wedge with sloped rear
    COLOUR- sleek and shiny silver
    WEIGHT- about 100kg
    DIMENSIONS- 90cm X 75cm X 30cm
    SPEED- 16mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 0mm at the front, 7mm for the rest of the robot. Fitted with Biohazard-style skirts on sides and rear, giving 0mm
    ARMOUR- 4mm Hardox
    WHEELS- inside robot, 4-wheel drive
    POWER- 2 X LEM-130s; 2 x 12v 3amp NiCad packs, giving 36v @ 12amp
    WEAPONS- As usual, the main weapon is a rear-hinged flipper. This is very similar to Chaos 2, except the blade at the bottom is bent ala Bigger Brother, allowing the flipper to have greater effect against bots with skirts or low centres of gravity. The flipper itself is powered by 2 X 80mm high pressure pneumatic rams, each running at 250psi. This should allow Wedge Devo to comfortably flip up to 1 tonne.
    SRIMECH- The flipper can right the machine easily and the rear wedge should hopefully prevent a Chaos-style self-flip. Also, Wedge Devo is equipped with a grey semi-sphere on either side of robot to prevent it getting stuck on its side
    NOTES- flashing red light on top of robot, flies Scotland flag
    STRENGTHS- powerful flipper, fast, manoeuvrable, difficult to get underneath, tough armour, good traction
    WEAKNESSES- could prove a bit tricky to control, limited CO2 (like all other flippers :P)

http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7555/wedgedevolutionza6.pnghttp://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7...olutionza6.png

Ill pick Melee 2, Robot 2 of whatever Heat Im in, please.

(Message edited by Steven_McG on June 24, 200

Righty...

Eye Of Ran (stats on ZED)
    Melee 2
    Robot 3

Well, seems like an oppertunity to test out the new slammer....

http://www.alexjholt.tkwww.alexjholt.tk

Melee 1, Robot 1

will enter Flick of the Wrist, melee 1, robot 1!

stats as soon as I get off my school computer :P

Daniel, in series 7 there was no weight advantage given to shufflebots.

Eternia, in Heat 4: robot 4
    http://www.insaneclown.nl/vapourbots/showrobot.php?id=1http://www.insaneclown.nl/vapourbots/showrobot.php?id=1

Register To Comment