Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Vapourbot Vengeance Series 1

HEAT D: ROUND TWO

Gravity VS Infusion

Booth One: Aaron Knight
    Booth Two: WJ Dijkstra (Gravity)

House Robots: Matilda and Dead Metal

3€¦2€¦1€¦ACTIVATE!

WJ Dijkstra immediately drives Gravity towards Infusion, the 10mph top speeds on the Dutch robot propelling it along the arena floor before the Aussie machine can spin up to a deadly speed. Infusion€™s body begins to spin as it makes its way towards the centre of the arena, but not before Gravity slips underneath the 7.5mm ground clearance around the spinning shell. Aaron tries to get Infusion off the front flipper of Gravity, but WJ Dijkstra has other plans, as a fearsome flip sends Infusion up in the air, somersaulting like an Olympic gymnast before crashing t the ground, the teeth on the spinning body carving enormous grooves into the arena floor. Infusion lands upside down, the thick Hardox wedge now inverted. Nevertheless, the shell of Infusion spins once again, almost undeterred by the flip it just faced, and immediately goes in on the attack against Gravity, hoping to munch on the Dutch machine€™s armour. Gravity charges in once again, hoping to get underneath Infusion and flip it skyward, however Gravity miscalculates when to flip, wastes precious CO2 and, more importantly, opens itself up for an attack by Infusion - the spinning shell whirring menacingly as Aaron puts Infusion into reverse, striking the side of the flipping machine. Panels of Lexan (as least I think it€™s Lexan - doesn€™t really specify on the YT vids, but meh ) are flown away from Gravity, the electronics and pneumatics now exposed. WJ Dijkstra drives Gravity away from Infusion, one of the wheels particularly damaged and looking bent and buckled, and hits the Pit Release Button, hoping to drive Infusion into the pit. Infusion gives chase, the 2mph difference between the two machines allowing the robot from Down Under to slowly catch up with its prey. Gravity quickly turns around, getting the flipper facing Infusion, and charges at the spinning machine. The flipper glides underneath the ground clearance of Infusion, and a mighty flip from Gravity sends Aaron Knight€™s robot soaring into the air, before crashing back down onto the arena floor, narrowly missing the open pit as it bounces down, before coming to a stop near Dead Metal€™s CPZ. Before Infusion (who is now the right-way-up) can start spinning up, Dead Metal€™s claws grab hold of Infusion, allowing the circular saw to come into play and attempt to slice through the 6mm Hardox wedge - but to no avail. The House Robot releases Infusion, who without a moment€™s hesitation begins to get the body spinning, and goes on the hunt for Gravity, who has been cautious in attacking since the initial damage it received. Aaron drives Infusion towards Gravity, with WJ doing the same. Both robots collide in the middle of the arena, Gravity unable to get under the Hardox wedge and ends up on top of Infusion - the tires mere centimetres away from the spinning body of Infusion. Aaron carefully turns Infusion around until it is facing the arena pit, his intention to get the Dutch machine down and out of the fight, but before he can do so, WJ Dijkstra reverses Gravity off the wedge, before coming in on another charge. Once again, Gravity cannot get under the front wedge of Infusion, whose spinning body is nothing but a mere blur now. Aaron wiggles the controls, and Infusion tries again to get Gravity nearer the pit. The tires on Gravity are just scraping the front wedge, as the Dutch machine escapes from a potential pitting. Gravity goes in for one more slam, hoping that third time lucky will work, the flipper longing to cause the same carnage it did in its Round One melee. However, Aaron second-guessed what WJ Dijkstra was about to do, and at the last minute moved out of the way just enough for the whole of the 99kgs of Gravity to go flipper first into the spinning body. Before you can say Oh Crikey!, Gravity is send spinning away towards the arena wall, the flipper ripped clean off and an abundance of C02 being spewed out of the machine. The right wheel is completely destroyed, and the chassis is bent and buckled beyond recognition.

CEASE!

Gravity crashes down to Earth with a bang!
    Infusion goes through to the Heat Final!

Lightning VS Thor

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cht5zDI7ipc
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=cht5zDI7ipc

HEAT D: HEAT FINAL

Infusion VS Lightning
    Tactics? Predictions? Anything? Hello?

Hellllllloooooooo...

If Infusion can take out Gravity, Lightning will last about 27 seconds in there - the armour was aluminium forom what I recall, and I cant see Lighning being able to flip it.

As a matter of interest, would infusion even be legal under RWs7 rules?

if you are going with that vid and jason driving with lee on the hammer then i recon lightning will do t again. if i am driving with jason on the hammer then thor will win. oh the good old days. if only we knew what we know now

davids
    I predict that one robot will win and one robot will lose

I think a vapourbot will win and a real robot will lose

quote:

As a matter of interest, would infusion even be legal under RWs7 rules?

In what regard? Only rule change for S7 that I know of was active weapons, which Infusion has a 28kg ring spinner as a weapon... Which I hope is active enough to be classed as a weapon...

I personally find your ring dull and passive

but explain yerself Alex, why woul Infusion be illegal, it certainly doesnt use cyrilium armour

Nothing specific lol, just Aaron-brand spinners tend to be designed to exceed sane levels of power. I add Im not even aware of what restrictions there are on spinners or exactly how powerful infusion is, it was mroe just an offhand comment lol.

Cyrilium isnt illegal, it just doesnt exist lol

quote:

Nothing specific lol, just Aaron-brand spinners tend to be designed to exceed sane levels of power. I add Im not even aware of what restrictions there are on spinners or exactly how powerful infusion is, it was mroe just an offhand comment lol.

Just like all Alex-brand bots are outdated, lackluster and unoriginal designs :wink:

Infusion wasnt ment to be the king of the spinners, but to be an allrounder, something a few of my general designs lacked. So a flexible design to provide a good offense and a good defense was the basis to Infusion, and hence its name. Its an Infusion of a ring spinner for decent offense (and a power source for boosting the drive), a wedge for good defense, a decent drive (When under boost) and adequate armor. Not the be all, end all of designs (There is no such thing IMHO), but a hard nut to crack...

Id have to say its my favorite design since the original MDU.

Register To Comment