Register To Comment
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoy The Violence - 80kg Tournament

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, my friends, my enemies, my peers, and Frank Goacher, to the Enjoy The Violence tournament.

I know I havent got the perpetually delayed Chevron Championship finished yet, but I am starting this now for a number of reasons:

1) It may help me get back the motivation to write again, which is something I have gained and lost repeatedly in the past week or so.
    2) The way this section is progressing right now, it will take me at least until I finish TCC before I have enough entries to get this going.
    3) I have a considerable amount of free time and jack all to do otherwise
    4) Given the efforts of certain other people over the past months to maintain two tournaments at once, I figured I cant do much worse.

Anyway, this is a simple knockout tournament, going from 16 80kg classic heavyweights to one through four rounds of one-on-one battles. The arena is heavily based on the UKRW series 3 arena, sans the spikes and the arena flipper.
    THE PIT IS ALWAYS OPEN FOR THE FIRST TWO ROUNDS, AND IS THEN CLOSED FROM THE SEMI FINALS ONWARDS. REMEMBER THIS.

I require eight people to enter two classic heavyweights for this contest. The usual rules apply as to voltage, gas pressure, etc. and I will be checking entries for overweightness and physics anomalies.
    Clusterbots are allowed (max. 4 parts)
    You may only enter one realie. Your team can be two vapours, or a vapour and a realie, but not both realies. Basically, I want to encourage people to design 80kg vapours.
    For vapourbots, the weight limit is 80kg for anything except true walkers, which are 160kg subject to approval.
    For realies, if it was in the main competition in series 2-4 and weighed over 80kg, you may enter it, since I know the limit wasnt necessarily strictly enforced back in the day. NO realies from extreme 1 or later unless they weighed under 80kgs, and the person who enters BARRY from series 1 will be banned from the tournament for an indefinite period of time.

And yes, Joey is having a go at designing house robots for this. There will be four, and their details will be revealed when it is time. (i.e. whenever I finish writing them)

I think that should be all. Get entering!

ENTRIES LIST:
    1: (reserved for Liam since he is yet to get a new account but I know he had robots designed for this)
    2: (same as above)
    3:
    4:
    5:
    6:
    7:
    8:
    9:
    10:
    11:
    12:
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:

the person who enters BARRY from series 1 will be banned from the tournament for an indefinite period of time

Can I ask why? Ive always liked the look of BARRY, and although Im not planning on entering anything, therefore it shouldnt really matter to me, curiosity has got the better of me
    Was it drastically overweight? Or am I missing something here?

It was drastically overweight It weighed more than the house robots did in that series, about 117kg.

Save us a spot, will you, Joey?

Ill reserve Chaos 2 (RW4) as a realie. :wink:

Save me a spot, and Ill take series 4 mortis as a realie.

gimme Cassius from series 3 as my realie, and allow me the time to make a vapour :P

ENTRIES:
    1: (Liam)
    2: (Liam)
    3: (AJ)
    4: (AJ)
    5: (Dan)
    6: (Dan)
    7: Chaos 2 (Steve)
    8: (Steve)
    9: Mortis (Alex)
    10: (Alex)
    11: Cassius (Marti)
    12: (Marti)
    13:
    14:
    15:
    16:

Thanks for the entries, peoples...two more spots left.

Register To Comment