Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Top Ten Greatest Moments in Vapourbot History

Hmmm.... I supposed I should do this... except Im going to be lazy about explaining my reasons.

10. The First Fight: The Disc vs Slammer There have been plenty since, and I cant remember when it was, in what tournament, or what happened beyond the disc winning, but it marked the start of THE grudge-match, no two bots have likely fought more and its been great fun from that first fight to the most recent.

9. The New-wave An influx of new competitors in the last two years means that vapourbots are probably as successful as they have ever been.

8. Martijns Debut Although there have been plenty of great new vapourbotteers in the second age (see below), there is only one (in my oppinion at least) who has managed to get to the point where I forget there was a point where he wasnt competing. Congratulations Martijn.

7. The RW Forum Exodus May have seemed like a shame at the time, but without that move we would never be where we are today.

6. Steves Debut Not only the writer of the PTT, but also a great all round guy and an undeniably formidable opponent in the arena. Where would we be today if it wasnt for everyones favourite Villainous Professor?

5. The PTT Was always The tournament for me, it often seemed like everything else was just a side show.

4. The Second Age of Vapourbots - After everything had seemed to die, it raised phoenix-like from the grave with a little help from Kody and a few others.

3. MDUs Debut - MDU best represents the first shifts towards greater depth of stats and at least moderately greater realism. Plus it dominated vapourbots like no bot had before and no bot has since.

2. Vapourbots Get Their Own Section Originally they just lived in the general section of the RW forum, but the movement to their own section of that site marked a new development in the history of vapourbots.

1. The Beginning and the Debut of Frank - the start of it all

at what point did this second age of vapourbots start in your opinion Alex? after the RW/FRA switch I guess?

o, and thanx

(Message edited by MajinB on October 21, 200

Martijn: I thought I kind of implied it, but after the forum got ressurected after we had that pretty much dead year (the year before last I think?)

You could do it by forum location, but I was thinking of age in a kind of length of continuous life sense. There are a couple of other ways of doing it I can think, but this one appeals more to my sense of melodrama.

Frank: I remember that, infact I think they ended up fighting twice because I won a losers melee or something, but I had a vague feeling theyd fought before that?

Plus I wouldnt worry. No one can even come near Joeys title of saddest git.

I thank you most wholeheartedly for that compliment.

Really? I had it down in my head that the disc was older than slammer. Apparently not though...

davids
    I would say the 2 robots which have met the most times would be the Son of Ripper series against the Spin Dash series.

Register To Comment