Register To Comment
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Spektrum DX6i / BR6000s

do they not make the DX6 anymore?

how come people are moving to the DX6i when the DX6?

i had a look at one last week and only saw the screen at the bottom and the battery pack doesnt need to be charged as you could just change them but charging isnt a problem for us all?

just wonna know why i see people buying the DX6i

also http://www.simplyt-rex.com/catalogue/accessories/radio-equipment/spm6600e-dx6i-2-4ghz-radio-set?gclid=CP6E3szOzpICFRGTMAoduiJ3Bghttp://www.simplyt-rex.com/catalogue...pm6600e-dx6i-2 -4ghz-radio-set?gclid=CP6E3szOzpICFRGTMAoduiJ3Bg

£109

i also prefer the look of the DX6

i saw the 2 gram AR Receiver and wow it is small lol

The DX6i is a replacement, and is FAR cheaper for a better transmitter. The programming features are FAR superior to the DX6 and the stick control is much more precise.
    I do agree they do not look as appealing. I tested mine a while back and it worked fine and not tested it since, BUT i know some other people did that aswell but after that they had problems.

Roboteer

Ive been speaking to Robot Marketplace about the DX6i as they offer the DX6i with the BR6000 for roboteers. They have not seen the issue nor have any customers reported the issue with the transmitters. There is obviously something unique going on with certain scenarious and I would imagine that it is specific to a batch of receivers and possibly transmitters.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

I will test mine tonight.

Well it became Sunday before I got around testing it, but here it goes.

We tested the Dx6i with one of our stock, already used BR6000 so I know it worked before. We hooked up a servo and put a 5V power to it as we didnt have a receiver batt handy.

First attempt: We put the bind plug in the receiver, gave it power, after de BR started blinking we started up the DX6i with the trainer switch towards us.

30 sec

1 minute

Nothing.

Lots of beeping, nothing happened.

2nd attempt: again lots of beeping, still no go.

3rd attempt: after 30 seconds I switched of the TX, didnt take the power of the receiver, and restarted de DX6i in bind mode, and 10 seconds later it bound.

After that no matter how many times we turned off the receiver, transmitter, or both, it stayed connected.

Next week I will check again if the bound still held.

quote:

Not impressed with the DX6i I am very impressed with the DX6i, when used for what it is intended, which is flying models. I have been in the field all sunday with it and I absolutely love it. It is so much smoother than the DX6, and much better options.

The thing is though, even though the binding did seem to work for me (we will know for sure next week), it should not be showing this irratic behaviour to bind with DSM receivers as it is doing now.

It is after all the successor to the DX6 and therefore should be able to take over the tasks the DX6 did without issues. Obviously it doesnt live up to that task.

Register To Comment