Register To Comment
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Easter Bunny Tribute Championships 2008

Heat A:Round 1, Battle 2
    Worck v The Zenith v Calm Down Dear

The second three-way melee of the heat gets underway with two flippers and an FBS!

Not forgetting the two house robots residing over the match, these will be the beeeeeautiful Matilda and Shunt!

Worck was the first robot to beat Nidhogg in the challenge belt, but its other fights were quite poor, so itll be interesting to see how it does here...

The Zenith is entered by Kody, and is a powerful FBS with wedges to make OOTAs possible!

Calm Down Dear (Its Only a Robot) is a very interesting design, shaped like a logitech mouse, so it could get lured into the pit by the smell of cheese (Jonathan Pearce left his socks in there. Eurghh!)

Booth 1:Paul Cuomo, Kody Kunz
    Booth 2avid Sheppard
    3,2,1,ACTIVATE!
    Worck is the first off, chasing Calm Down, but David has other ideas and is attacking Shunt!
    FLIP!
    The heavyweight house robot somersaults and is propped up on the arena wall! Worck still wants a go though and persists, flipping Calm Down onto its back! David quickly self-rights and flips Shunt again, this time getting him right OOTA! Worck flips Calm Down again, which self-rights again, onto Worck, who flips it again! David self-rights again, but before Paul can flip him The Zenith comes in from behind and slams into Worck!
    CRASH!
    Worcks rear panel flies off and goes OOTA, landing on the camera tracks! The Zenith reverses and spins up again while Calm Down high-tails it out of the CPZ, leaving Worck there as Matilda comes in!
    CRASH!
    Worck is flipped again, this time into Kody!
    CRASH!
    The Zenith was already at full speed and Worck is taking some real punishment now! The skirts are all buckled and bent so David gets under and attacks!
    FLIP!
    Worck follows its armour panel and lands on the camera tracks OOTA!
    But still Calm Down isnt finished with the house robots and flips Matilda on her side!Refbot comes in to give it a yellow card, but...
    FLIP!
    CEASE!
    All three house robots are on their sides and Calm Down heads through with The Zenith!

The line-up for round 2 is...
    The Zenith v Flick of the Wrist
    Calm Down Dear v Sithis
    Predictions/Tactics?

davids
    I like attacking house robots

Sithis looks like to be an invertible ring spinner, so Im going to box-rush and attack and try for an OOTA

Not bad at all!

Geez. Flick is a very controlled rambot, Ill give Martijn that. Its all about getting up to that top speed at first which Im sure Martijn will want to stop at all costs, and box-rush me. Basically Ill have to avoid that first charge and turn around to his sides. I believe hell try to spear me. It wont really damage my 6mm hardox ring, but that way may avoid the wedges and give him the ability to push me; mind you the wedges do have a pretty long reach (20cm) but I aint taking any chances, so Ill try to avoid the front throughout the entire battle. Go for the sides. Once I hit him, he should go flying and give me plenty of time to spin up again. If I can, try and hit the wheels or the bottoms of the side panels making the former easier.

Heat A:Round 2, Battle 1

The first of the two heat semi-finals- a powerful FBS v the best vapour rambot Ive yet to see!

The house robots that want to maul your bots in this round are Mr. Pyscho and Growler!

The Zenith proved itself in round 1 by demolishing Worck, how will it fare here against Martijn?

Flick of the Wrist is the bot to watch in this tournament. It blew away all-comers in the challenge belt, but can it out-do Kody and The Zenith?

Booth 1:Kody Kunz
    Booth 2:Martijn M Benschop
    3,2,1,ACTIVATE!
    Both robots put the obvious plans into action- Flick of the Wrist races across the arena to stop The Zenith doing what its planning to- spin up! Martijn is on time this time and lifts The Zenith, slamming it into the arena wall! Martijn then drags it onto the flame pit, but one of Kodys wedges catch the mesh and The Zenith escapes!This time it spins up on the move and by the time Martijn catches up tis at full speed!
    CRASH!
    Flick of the Wrist flies across the arena as it was caught by one of Kodys wedges! The Zenith quickly spins up again and follows up the attack, this time flipping Martijn into Growlers CPZ!The dog grabs Flicky and spins it around, giving Martijn some more airtime when it lets go!
    CRASH!
    Flicky lands, only to meet up with the Zenith again!
    CRASH!
    Martijn hits the angle grinder and falls to the floor, motionless! Refbot moves in for a closer look.
    1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10!
    Flickys link was knocked out by The Zeniths last hit and the hot favourite is out of the competition!
    Pyscho brings hammer down onto the armour!
    CRASH!
    Martijn doesnt look too happy about it, but Pyscho puts Flicky on the drop zone anyway...
    CRASH!
    A large dustbin crashes down onto Flickys top armour, and The Zenith helpfully presses the pit release tyre for growler to dump Flicky into the darkness!
    CEASE!
    Flick of the Wrist is flicked out of the heat, The Zenith goes through to the Heat A final!

Too late, Andre. Sign-ups were closed yesterday.

Read the page first before offering to sign up, mate.

w00t for The Zenith!

Sorry Andre, sign-ups are closed. But you would have needed 4 bots anyway.
    Feel free to make any predictions!

Heat A:Round 2, Battle 2
    Calm Down Dear v Sithis

The flipper v the FBS...This could be interesting, it could be close, it could be completely one-sided or it could be over in the blink of an eye...

Or both competitors could get destroyed by Cassius Chrome (snort) and Dead Metal!

Calm Down Dear took on the house robots in round one, and flipped Worck OOTA in its spare time. Its tactics are more focused on the battle this time though, so this could be a good fight.

Sithis teamed up with Martijn to defeat Robochicken in round one, but there can be no alliances here and Danny is on his own here!

Booth 1anny Bailey
    Booth 2avid Sheppard
    3,2,1,ACTIVATE!
    Sithis spins up and heads towards Calm Down in the mood for a slam! But Calm Downs shape allows it to slide in underneath Sithis and launch it into the air!
    CRASH!
    Sithis lands on its side and tears a chunk out of the arena floor before bouncing back onto its wheels! Calm Down drives in again before Sithis can spin up and flips it again!And again!And again!And again!And again!And again!And again!
    Sithis is getting bounced around like a - And again!- basketball and isnt- And again!- getting a chance to spin up.Dannys only hope would be to let Davids gas run down and stay away from the walls, but thats difficult when your beached on a flipper and getting pushed towards the side of the arena!
    FLIP!
    CEASE!
    Sithis crashes over the arena side wall and out of the competition!Calm Down Dear goes on to meet The Zenith in the heat final!

Not bad.

The Zenith vs. Calm Down Dear, Its Only A Robot

Well I was okay with Flick of the Wrist, so I should be okay here. Sithis couldnt really hit Calm Down Dear because the shape of Daves bot allowed it to get under a traditionally shaped FBS like Sithis. Not so here. Spin up and smack him with the wedges, and smirk when he tries to get under them. Within a few hits I should immobilize, but if not, pour on the hits, dont let take advantage of slow spins, the usual, etc etc.

Also, self-right when flipped as well, but strategically. If hes waiting for me to flip myself onto the wedge, spin the wedges to go off-balance and out of his line of fire, then right myself.

Register To Comment