Register To Comment
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mini-Tournament!

Will give this a whirl with Dr Acula

Robot Name: Dr. Acula
    Shape: T-shaped robot with all the components (drive, batteries, weapon components) mounted in a long compartment at the back of the robot (i.e. the horizontal line of the T-shape) with two crushing claws connected together therefore moving as one sitting in the middle of the component pod and coming out at right angles to it.
    Colour: The body is all black but the claws are white with red €˜blood€™ effects on the tips
    Speed: 20mph max
    Armour:4mm hardox for the front and back of the component pod with 8mm HDPE covering it. It has 6mm hardox protecting the wheels, which are located at either end of the pod. The claws are made out of 8mm hardox and have 12mm titanium tips while the wedge for the other robots to ride up to the claw is angled 4mm hardox.
    Drive: A pair of 12V Bosch 400W motors running at 24V through a 10:1 chain drive reduction onto 254mm (standard 10€) go-kart wheels.
    Power: 4 x 24V 3000mAh Nicad packs in parallel
    Motivation: 254mm go-kart wheels, chain driven
    Ground Clearance: 0mm at the front where the wedge of the claw touches the ground. 10mm everywhere else
    Turning Circle: 0
    Dimensions: 125cm x 80cm x 50cm
    Weaponry: A pair of crushing claws that bite down, powered by two LA36 Linak linear actuator, both rated at 10000N (1 tonne).
    Srimech: Can run inverted but claw becomes ineffective upside-down
    Notes: Although this robot may not crush with as much devastation as the likes of Razer, it still has enough power to pierce and deform (more easily) forms of plastic armour such as polycarb or HDPE top panels. 1 tonne of force is also plenty to grip with allowing Dr. Acula to take his victims wherever in the arena he pleases

Thankyou very much, Mark and Jamie!
    Only one place left!

Ill be using a pretty simple judging system:
    Each of the three judges has a ceratin amount of points to award for each category. The categories are:
    Damage= 30pts
    Aggression= 25pts
    Control= 20pts
    Dominance= 15pts
    Style= 5pts

(Message edited by Robot_Warrior on May 01, 200

Name: Namies Style

Shape: Low box with front wedge.

Colour: Gold, skirts are silver, flipper is black.

Speed: 13mph

Armour: 5.5mm Hardox, and 5mm Titanium skirts. 8mm polycarbonate for the top and the underbelly

Drive: 2 LEM130s, 36 volts

Power: 6 NiCad Battlepacks, 36 volts

Motivation: 4 wheels, Vulkalon rubber on them

Ground Clearance: Wedge - 0mm. 6mm for the rest, but the skirts make it 0mm.

Dimensions: 80cm x 60cm x 20cm

Weapons: Rear-hinged low-pressure flipper, powered by 2 2kg CO2 tanks and a single pneumatic ram. Can flip 250kg and fires about 30-35 times in a fight. Can right it too.

Srimech: It runs upside down, or inverted.

Strengths: A really good all-rounder.

Weaknesses: First-time rookie: top and bottom armour vulnerable.

I cant believe it!!
    All full up already, just waiting for Leos stats before I can do the draws.

Okidokie.

Name: Symmetry
    Shape: rounded robot in the back, 2 horizontal discs in front.
    Colour: Blue, black wheels, red discs
    Speed: 10mph
    Armour: 4mm Hardox sides and back, 2mm on top and bottom, real monocoque so also doubles as the frame.
    Drive: 2 Bosch GPA750, 33 volts
    Power: 4 blocks A123 M1 33V, 9.2Ah
    Motivation: 4 wheels, 2 top 2 bottom, Vulkalon rubber on them. top and bottom run in reverse of their bottom partner in joint gearbox. (a bit like Crustacean)
    Ground Clearance: 4mm all round, 1 disc is 9cm of the ground.
    Dimensions: 140cm x 100cm x 50cm (widest points, including disc, 70 cm without disc and a-frame)
    Weapon: 2 counter rotating 80cm diameter 8mm disks, powered by 2 Perm 080 motors at 33V
    Srimech: can run both ways, because of wheel setup doesnt matter which way is up.

Strengths: good drive, dual disk eliminates horizontal gyroscopic effect on driving.

Weaknesses: Not a robot for the long battles, batteries will drain in 4 mins.

http://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/fanfic/symmetry01.jpghttp://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/f...symmetry01.jpg
    http://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/fanfic/symmetry02.jpghttp://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/f...symmetry02.jpg
    http://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/fanfic/symmetry03.jpghttp://www.computerclub.nl/uploads/f...symmetry03.jpg

Thankyou Mark.

Eliminator Draw

1) Dr. Acula v Symmetry v Nitro-Gene 4.0 v Minesweeper
    2) Namies Style v The End v Mega Masher 2 v The Alexandra Sisters

Tactics, predictions, and your favourite flavour jam.

Strawberry...

Dr. Acula vs. Symmetry vs. Nitro-Gene vs. Minesweeper:

Ill actually go for Nitro-Gene and (ba-dum-ching) Minesweeper to go through, despite Mark being an arse. Dr. Acula lacks weaponry power compared to the others, and out of the remaining three I cant really see anyone gaining an advantage, so Symmetrys batteries could let it down. Then again...

Namies Style vs. THE END vs. Mega Masher 2 vs. The Alexandra Sisters:

Im going to go for the pit release...*voice reminds him seasons will pass in the time it would take The End to get to the pit release switch*...uh, Ill try and get underneath Mega Masher...*voice reminds him that the only way that will happen is if Chris feels like committing suicide in a particuarly ineffective way*...uh, Ill get Cassandra Alexandra pinned against the wall...*voice slaps Joey round the head*...

Ill keep The End lowered to the ground with all those nasty flippers in there, and...theres not really all that much I can do. Just endure, and rest in the knowledge that their batteries will die before I run out of petrol, and they cant damage me.

Good luck people

Eliminator Draw

Dr. Acula v Symmetry v Nitro-Gene 4.0 v Minesweeper

I think I can see Minesweeper out...hard to pick out of the other three though. Possibly Nitro-Gene out too.

Namies Style v The End v Mega Masher 2 v The Alexandra Sisters

Since The End is hardly capable of doing squat all, Ill ignore for the time being. I propose a team-up with Chezza on Chris. I dont like that disc much and Id hate to face it later on, so lets take it out now.

Tactics: Send Soph in first and try to tackle the sides of Mega Masher and see if she can flip it. Then send Cass in and try to get the bugger down the pit, hopefully Namies Style will help with that too. Flip Mega Masher a few times if its being a pest; doesnt matter if its bulky, its gonna get flipped.

Good luck everybody.

Register To Comment