(alternatively known as the Shane Swans Mansion tournament, the Joey Give It A Rest Already tournament, or the Lets Have One More Tournament To Really Make Things Crowded tournament)

Ahem. Good evening, peoples. I have something here which may be of interest to you.

Ive noticed that in the past, there have been several attempts to start a Robot Wars S1/2 style tournament - with the gauntlet and trials - and most of them have either failed or been forgotten.
So, after the surprisingly good response to my first tournament, The Roaring Donkey, I have decided to start one that hopefully will get completed, and may if things get really good expand further and become a major, or at least something thats half interesting to watch when youve accidentally recorded it instead of Mechanical Noise. I can dream, cant I?

Anyway, rules:
I need nine people to enter four robots each. Shane, Kody, and Frank have reserved spots due to their placings in the Donkey. You can have a minimum of 0 and a maximum of two realies, unless you happen to be an actual roboteer in which case your entire squad can be machines you have made.
Weight limits are 100kg for wheeled machines, 110kg for tracks, shufflers and Blizzard, and 200kgs for true walkers.
Clusterbots may not exceed three parts, and must complete the gauntlet and trial phases of the game as one unit.
Flying machines are not allowed.

The format of the series is as follows:
There are 6 heats of 6 robots, each consisting of a gauntlet and trials, which each eliminate one robot before the remaining four fight in one-on-one battles, matched based on their trial performances. The winners of each heat will return for a Grand Final, which is basically an ordinary heat but with Pinball instead of a trial.
The gauntlet is the one from Series 2, with a left hand clear route with two pits and Sir Killalot and Seargeant Bash guarding, a center route with a breezeblock wall followed by a seesaw ramp, Shunt and Dead Metal, and a right hand route with a ram rig (80cm wide when closed, 1.5m open) and the flame pit with Matilda.
The trials are Sumo, Tug Of War, Football, Joust, Labyrinth, and Snooker. Details available nearer the time or on request.
The house robots are the standard Series 2 ones as far as weaponry goes, however they have been invisibly upgraded with stuff to make them slightly less cannon fodder-y, again details when it matters or nearer the time.
The battle arenas details, to save your sanity, are contained in this really really nice labelled diagram: http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii302/joeychevron/arena.pnghttp://i267.photobucket.com/albums/i...vron/arena.png

Stats can be in any reasonable format, the more detail the better. Reasonable estimations of sizes are required though, this can be a comparison with a real machine or in cms. Reasonably realistic machines are a requirement; please, no invertible super-customised boxes or wooden and plastic acid-filled circles.

More experienced tournament writers, feel free to point out what Ive missed.

Get entering!